Long memoriesApril 3 2006 at 10:44 AM
No score for this post
|Nat (Login Nafana)|
from IP address 184.108.40.206
Response to But we were already at war
Jafo, Americans have long memories of the Viet Nam war which drug on for 12 years, cost 50,000 American lives, billions of dollars, and in the end accomplished nothing. Politicians knew that for the American people to accept the going to war again- it would have to appear highly justified like a clear threat to the country. Clearly 9/11 was such an event so Bush tried to connect his desire to oust Saddam Hussein as part of "the war on terror" even though Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11.
And don't be afraid to voice contrary opinions here- that's just what this forum is about- exchanging ideas.
- That was kind of my point - Jafo on Apr 4, 2006
- Quarantine better than war - Nat on Apr 4, 2006
- Re: Quarantine better than war - peter on Apr 5, 2006
- Agreed- but... - Nat on Apr 5, 2006
- Re: Agreed- but... - peter on Apr 5, 2006
- Re: That was kind of my point - peter on Apr 5, 2006
- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - Nat on Aug 3, 2007