Return to Index  

v.s. Bayko

December 19 2006 at 12:41 PM
Johny  (no login)

Response to Re: Immigrants and language

RE:"" My point is simple- if I move to another country I consider it my duty to learn their language""

Congratulations!. Its a very basic humanistic concept, and ethically brilliant.

Yet let come with this true to prophet it for Your (at least quessing by surename) predescator relatives here at Balltic lands, where the Russian 5~th column is quite wide, and You shall risk with a public crucification in darkness of shade, the same way at black skinned parts of NY one may seriously risk openly telling that all good people ought to learn at schools and be occupied at work.

Outstanding sample is my neighbouress from some floors down living in country more as 65 years after immigrating here, yet able to say so few words as "dontt understnd yourr dogyy aborigenin languaag". Sorry to tell but such way of thinking is characteristical to at least 1/3 of this fifth column, and more than half of their youngsters.

Yet I think even such mis-conduct of quarter of miilion in-comers cant be a reason to enstart a new civil war here after near thousand years of peaceful existance of my city. But, the same time I hope You may easily quess the deepest reason why my government until now are not willing to issue them full right passports giving a chances to elect a government what satisfies them best, Communists.

Thus, if You see a Russian like person travelling in Europe with "Baltic passport of not citizen" (as this doccument has labelled) You may quess what the reason stays why such person not JUST said to country issued this doccument "yes, I am willing to be obedient to your laws and lern a bit of language" and after short time he would become a citizen. Sorry to tell, such "not citizens" are near a quarter of million out from all 2,2 million legal inhabitants.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Learning their language - John Bayko on Dec 22, 2006
    1. Which language? - Nat on Dec 22, 2006
      1. Re: Which language? - John Bayko on Dec 22, 2006
        1. Indians - Nat on Dec 23, 2006

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement