Return to Index  

One other fact

September 18 2007 at 12:23 AM
No score for this post
Brandon  (no login)
from IP address 74.226.103.208

Response to Re: Life Today

Here's another one of my "life today" facts that also relates to a subject Nat and I have discussed over the years.

The average American house is 3 times larger than it was in the 1950s while families have shrunk.

This might relate to boys being so body shy now. Kids today come from smaller families and rarely have to share bedrooms or even bathrooms today.

I grew up in a smaller house with 4 other family members. Shared a room with my brother until my sister got married.

Someone at work (who was 22) mentioned one day how embarassing it was when his brother came into the bathroom and caught him coming out of the shower naked. He couldn't believe that I said that was probably a daily occurence in my house growing up. I saw my brother naked every single day and he saw me that way. I saw my dad naked in the shower or bath all the time.

As Nat knows, I'm the most modest person in the world as was my family, but when you have one bathroom and everyone needs to get to work or school, it was just a fact of life.

I never once would have thought it was weird to see my brother or dad nude.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Very true - Nat on Sep 18, 2007
  3. Re: One other fact - Marseil on Sep 22, 2007
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement