Return to Index  

Re: No, no

September 24 2007 at 10:12 PM
Nat  (Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Response to No, no

>"What is arbitrary is that the RIGHT side was chosen. Some people might think this is supporting conservative ideology, or reflects a bias for right-handed people, and they might insist that everyone start driving on the left side . . for equality."<

Oh this is totally silly. I don't know how it was decided that we drive on the right side of the road here but I've never heard any liberal or anyone object to it. If you can't come up with better arguments than this....

>"That is about as ridiculous as saying that the Christian majority must not demonstrate their faith in public, and that atheism should be the public standard for society. The absence of religion is atheism, is it not?"<

You can demonstrate your religion all you want in churches and private businesses- built as many as your want- but you shouldn't force an atheist to give his tax money to pay for religious stuff in public buildings that he doesn't agree with.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. That is what is happening - Bob on Sep 24, 2007
    1. You're Setting Such a Great Christian Example - mackayla on Sep 24, 2007
      1. Look Back in the Archives - Bob on Sep 25, 2007
        1. Enough guys - Nat on Sep 25, 2007
          1. I agree - mackayla on Sep 25, 2007
        2. Inside My Head - mackayla on Sep 25, 2007
          1. Put Words in my Mouth Too - Bob on Sep 25, 2007
          2. Re: Inside My Head - Brandon on Sep 25, 2007
            1. ROW - Marseil on Sep 26, 2007
    2. Merry Christmas! - Nat on Sep 24, 2007

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement