Return to Index  

On-Line Banking

December 24 2009 at 12:22 PM
Bob  (no login)

Response to Re: No More Personal Checks

Did you see the news story last night (NBC, I believe) that said on-line banking can be risky, due to hackers accessing your personal data in the process. The story featured one guy, a businessman, who had #1 million stolen from his banking account by hackers, and then they even prevented the guy from accessing his account. In the end, he wasn't out the money -- much of it was recovered and the rest was covered by the bank. But, it reinforced in my mind why I don't trust or use on-line banking. I don't ever use ATM machines, as I prefer to walk into the bank and conduct transactions with a flesh-and-blood teller (if I don't have the foresight to make withdraws during banking hours, I probably don't need the money that bad -- impulse spending occurs late at night). Works for me! (Plus, I wonder how many bank jobs could be eliminated if most people go to electronic banking . . just as I am concerned that cashiers at the grocery stores will be eliminated if everyone uses those auto-check-out machines. Preserving jobs is more important to me than convenience or cost savings).

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: On-Line Banking - Nat on Dec 24, 2009
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement