Return to Index  

Re: If you remember these.....

April 9 2010 at 11:58 AM
No score for this post
BlueTrain  (Login BlueTrain)
from IP address 98.141.224.66

Response to If you remember these.....

Lord, where to begin!

I would still reach into the gutter for a penny, only I'd never see it.

Don't watch TV. Too many channels and not enough variety. Remember variety shows and shows that had music? Whatever happen to Dinah Shore?

Remember TV summer replacement programs?

I knew people who had (more or less) purebred dogs but I also remember that some dogs had the run of the neighborhood. Other were kept penned up.

The 57 Chevy may have been a dream car (we even had one, a 4 door SW) but that was only if you'd never seen a T-Bird. But we sure locked the car doors and the car was in a locked garage. It was only driven a couple days a week.

I never looked at the clouds and didn't like ball games.

We were never in fear for our lives, usually. Policemen wore white shirts and had revolvers in swivel holsters.

Yes, summers were filled with bike rides, camping trips, going to the pool, sunburns, lots of things with sugar and activities with friends that can't be mentioned here. Hula hoops didn't hold our attention very long but everyone had one.

Corner stores before there were Seven-Elevens, A&P stores with the strong smell of coffee, door-to-door peddlers selling produce off the back of their truck.

Having your garden plowed by a man with a horse.

Home delivered milk freezing on a cold morning and pushing the paper stopper up.

Watching Howdy Doody, Rod Brown of the Rocket Rangers and Shari Lewis at a friend's house because you were the last to get a TV.

Locally produced TV shows hosted by a costumed character; later there were locally produced late night shows with a costumed host that showed moster movies.

Play sets of a farm set or an army base set. The farm set always came with birds that perched on the fence; the army set came with trash cans.

Walking to school; walking home for lunch.

Showers after gym in school.

Watching the Christmas parade; small towns were perfect for parades.

The Sears Christmas catalog.

Blue jeans that only came one way: new and unwashed, unfaded, unrinsed and with extra long legs that you turned up about four inches. You grew into them.

Getting a blister every time you got a new pair of shoes; you only got the old pair resoled once.

School plays and wearing a crepe paper costume.

I could go on. I'd hate to live it over again, however, except for a day here and there.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement