Return to Index  

Re: What is "nudity"?

June 8 2010 at 11:05 PM
No score for this post
Nat  (Login Nafana)
Owner
from IP address 76.101.173.62

Response to Re: What is "nudity"?

Well there have been places where female topfreedom has been officially legalized. South Beach in Miami for example- because so many European tourists were accustom to sunbathing topfree and were offended when they couldn't here (bad for the tourist industry). And there have been a number of cases around the country where courts have ruled that female topfreedom is technically legal- although few women have taken advantage of it.

But aside the legal definition of nudity there has been a tremendous liberalization of public dress standards since the 1950s. I remember when adults wouldn't think of wearing shorts in public places like stores and shopping malls. Now this is routine. And I see kids going to school wearing stuff that would have gotten me expelled. I wasn't allowed to wear jeans, shorts or sneakers after elementary school. Now this is standard school attire for kids.

On the other hand, in some ways dress today is less liberal than in the 1970s when boy & men wore super-short shorts, tiny speedo swimsuits and skin-tight pants. And for women- bra-freedom was pretty accepted in the 1970s but seems taboo now.

Also- nude swimming which was once common at YMCAs and summer camps is virtually non-existent today.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: What is "nudity"? - BlueTrain on Jun 10, 2010
    1. Re: What is "nudity"? - Nat on Jun 10, 2010
      1. Re: What is "nudity"? - BlueTrain on Jun 10, 2010
        1. "Envelope-pushing" - Nat on Jun 10, 2010
          1. Changes - Bob on Jun 11, 2010
            1. Re: Changes - BlueTrain on Jun 11, 2010
              1. Instruction - Bob on Jun 11, 2010
                1. Re: Instruction - BlueTrain on Jun 11, 2010
            2. Tans & grades - Nat on Jun 11, 2010

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement