Return to Index  

Re: What is "nudity"?

June 10 2010 at 9:18 AM
No score for this post
Nat  (Login Nafana)
Owner
from IP address 98.208.226.32

Response to Re: What is "nudity"?

It's hard to talk in generalities about any era because you have very diverse populations and each had their style. My grandparents generation was very concerned with looking dignified and were rarely seen in shorts even around the house. By contrast my boomer generation wanted to be as opposite as possible testing the limits of society's tolerance. The middle generation- our parents- were caught in the middle of the generational chasm but seem to change a lot between the '50s and '60s and became more relaxed about casual dress.

When most people speak of "nudity"- they think in terms of genitals and female breasts. A guys can walk around downtown wearing only speedos and would certainly be considered greatly under-dressed- but not illegally nude. And I didn't say anything about "see-through" tops- but I saw plenty of young women with jiggly breasts who were obviously braless in the 1970s. Again, I will point out that the hills of West Virgina was hardly the place to judge what was happening in the more liberal metro areas of the country.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: What is "nudity"? - BlueTrain on Jun 10, 2010
    1. "Envelope-pushing" - Nat on Jun 10, 2010
      1. Changes - Bob on Jun 11, 2010
        1. Re: Changes - BlueTrain on Jun 11, 2010
          1. Instruction - Bob on Jun 11, 2010
            1. Re: Instruction - BlueTrain on Jun 11, 2010
        2. Tans & grades - Nat on Jun 11, 2010

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement