Return to Index  

Re: How Different People Are

June 22 2010 at 9:38 PM
No score for this post
Brandon  (no login)
from IP address 70.145.141.93

Response to How Different People Are

I always found it strange and offensive that anyone would judge someone's manliness by what they chose to wear to bed. I was always a fan of police movies and tv shows and in the 1960s and 1970s, the "real men" always wore pajamas.

The Daily Mail in Britain recently had an opinion piece stating that pajamas are only acceptable on boys under 10 and men over 60:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-18978/Can-pyjamas-sexy-man.html

What rubbish!

Growing up, I never knew anyone who slept in the nude or at least no one who talked about it. Most people I knew slept in pajamas. although three of my friends slept in their underwear and two of them frequently made fun of me for wearing pjs when I would spend the night at their house or go with them to their vacation place.

I was once having a discussion about Star Wars with a friend of mine and I mentioned having Star Wars pajamas. He thought that was the funniest thing because I would have been 11 when Star Wars came out. He said that boys didn't wear pajamas past the age of 9 or 10 and told me I must have been a "super nerd."

I even got on this topic with a female assistant of mine when we were working on a list for a entertainment radio talk show about fake things on the Brady Bunch. She wanted to add the Brady boys wearing button down pajamas to the list because in real life the boys certainly would have slept shirtless and likely would have just gone to bed in their tighty whities. I told her I grew up during that era and always wore pajamas. She also remarked that I must have been nerdy because her brothers gave up pjs around the age of 6 or 7 and she thought that was normal for boys in the 1970s. Needless to say that didn't make our list of fake Brady Bunch issues.

I think from Nat's other group about "sleeping nude" we once learned that at least since the 1970s, boys and girls have slept in all kinds of different attire and families can really vary in this area.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Sleepwear - Nat on Jun 22, 2010
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement