Return to Index  

Re: Hide the flab and die sooner

June 22 2010 at 10:47 PM
No score for this post
Brandon  (no login)
from IP address 70.145.141.93

Response to Hide the flab and die sooner

When I was a kid, maybe one kid in your class would be fat. Today, almost half the kids in a class could stand to lose a few pounds. You are right, America is going to really pay a price for childhood obesity in the coming years.

But wouldn't you agree that today's overweight kids have more to do with them spending all day inside playing video games instead of being outside, riding bikes and playing ball. In my childhood, we stayed outside all day until the street lights came on and rode our bicycles all over the neighborhood.

We played some sort of baseball like game (whiffle ball, kickball) every day. I was not athletic and never played organized sports, but still played ball every single day with the other kids in my neighborhood. We put these games together ourselves whereas today's kids only play ball if adults put the games together. I could still go to any yard where a kid lived in my old neighborhood and tell you where 1st, 2nd, 3rd, home plate and the pitcher's mound were.

Do you really think that if tomorrow all of a sudden the kind of clothes guys in the 1970s and early 80s wore like OP shorts, tank tops, half shirts, short cutoffs etc. came back that it would have an effect on obesity?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Hide the flab and die sooner - Nat on Jun 22, 2010
    1. Re: Hide the flab and die sooner - COOL BEANS BOI on Jun 24, 2010
      1. Health- not aesthetics - Nat on Jun 24, 2010

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement