Return to Index  

Ms. Sherrod

July 23 2010 at 12:58 PM
No score for this post
Bob  (no login)
from IP address 99.67.184.6

Response to Re: A New Story: Ant & Grasshopper

The real fault for that situation you referenced was not the blogger, or even with Fox News, but rather with the knee-jerk reaction by the Agriculture Dept. Secretary. It was he who pressed Sherrod to resign before he had all the facts. Liberals and Conservatives both make wild accusations, and anyone should know that you must check the validity of the claims and not just run with them. Yes, Fox News had no problem assuming that the accusation by the blogger was true -- they would like for it to be true. But given that Sherrod was forced out of her position, obviously the Agriculture Secretary thought the accusation was true, and I think people would tend to think the accusation was valid given she lost her job (and within a Democrat/Liberal Administration at that). I'm sure if I lost my job that the local newspaper or TV/radio stations wouldn't have dug deeper -- my "guilt" would be assumed.

Bill O'Reilly and Fox News did apologize for the error . . . can you imagine Keith Olbermann or Rachel Maddow apologizing if the tables were turned? I can't. They would likely have either said nothing or intimated that some deal was struck to allow the person to return to their job "under a cloud of suspicion".

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Ms. Sherrod - cool beans boi on Jul 25, 2010
    1. wrong grammar oops - cool beans boiI on Jul 25, 2010
    2. News Orgs - Bob on Jul 25, 2010
      1. Re: News Orgs - cool beans boi on Jul 26, 2010
        1. Re: News Orgs - Nat on Jul 26, 2010
          1. Fox News - Bob on Jul 26, 2010
            1. Re: Fox News - Nat on Jul 26, 2010

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement