Return to Index  

Re: Proposed Ground Zero Mosque

August 23 2010 at 11:16 PM
No score for this post
Brandon  (no login)
from IP address 70.145.141.93

Response to Re: Proposed Ground Zero Mosque

"many want to trample the constitution because "they just don' want the Mosque there"

I've haven't heard anyone say this group doesn't have the constitutional right to build on that site. But I think if they are truly interested in tolerance and being good neighbors than they would build elsewhere. If they choose to build in that location, than so be it. But we also have the right to be critical over their lack of sensitivity to those who find this offensive.

'Just because a radical Christian killed an abortion doctor in Kansas, that does not mean we should stop building Christian churches there"

I would be against a pro life group from opening an office across the street from where Dr. Tiller was murdered in Wichita. Even if that pro life group made it clear that they abhorred violence and believed only in trying to make abortion against the law by legal means, I still think it would be best for them to open their office in another neighborhood.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement