Return to Index  

Re: Your ideal era?

August 27 2010 at 6:33 AM
No score for this post
BlueTrain  (Login BlueTrain)
from IP address 98.141.224.66

Response to Your ideal era?

What do you imagine old fashioned 1910 values were anyway? And whose values? That makes a difference.

But I suppose I could live in any era, provided I could pick who I was. I wouldn't want to be a serf, a slave, a peasant, and a host of other people. If you had servants to wait on you hand and foot, you don't need mod cons. Someone else was doing the work anyway.

We probably aren't as technically advanced as we think we are and people in the past weren't as technically backward as we might think. And for someone who lived 80 some years, which person are we talking about? The young person or the old person. But people have always been saying the same things. Things are going down. We'll never come back. And people have always complained about the immigrants. That's the last one in syndrome.

Events certainly shape our lives but mostly we live the same anyway. One of the scary things that occurs to me is how the eras we refer to in the past were so very brief, yet we sometimes speak of them as they had been permanent or something. All is fleeting. All is vanity.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Your ideal era? - Nat on Aug 27, 2010
    1. Re: Your ideal era? - BlueTrain on Aug 27, 2010
      1. How things have changed - Nat on Aug 27, 2010

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement