Return to Index  

Good Republicans

September 28 2010 at 8:46 AM
Guest  (no login)

Response to Re: Heard a Funny!

You forgot two on your list:

19. You have to believe that electing a Republican is more important than actually counting the votes of the citizenry.

20. You have to believe that the biggest deficits in U.S. history occured overnight upon the election of Democrat Presidents.

You know - it is interesting to me that Republicans refer to Democrats as "tax and spend" - but the largest deficits were run up by Republican Presidents who consistently gave tax credits to the rich while further taxing the middle class. It seems that the only reason Republicans keep getting elected is that ignorant lower- and middle-class people keep believing that if they vote for a Republican they too will become rich and privileged. The actuality - even in this economy - is that poor, working-class, and middle-class people actually tend to fair better under Democrats, once they have been in power long enough to undo the Republican machinery. It doesn't happen overnight - and that is what is hurting the current Administration. In a day of "instant gratification" and "thirty minute solutions" we are unwilling to wait to untangle the nation's problems. We forget that even Bush himself as he left office said that our economy was on the brink of disaster. Say what you will, but Obama pulled us back from that brink - and I believe could go a long way to resolving the mess he inherited. Unfortunately, Republicans would rather backbite than work together to find answers. The man did extend his hand and the opportunity to work together - and they refused to shake it - preferring instead to ignore the needs of the nation in favor of seeking power for their party. Shame on them!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. "Obama pulled us back from that brink" - Bob on Sep 28
    1. Lesser of two evils - Nat on Sep 28
      1. No Argument Here - Bob on Sep 29
    2. Family/Traditional Values? - Guest on Sep 29
      1. Re: Family/Traditional Values? - Bob on Sep 29
        1. I'm back, and yes I'm new :) - Guest on Sep 30
      2. Republican hypocrisy - Nat on Sep 29
        1. Hypocrisy? - Bob on Sep 29
          1. Re: Hypocrisy? - Nat on Sep 29
            1. Simple: Adoption - Bob on Sep 29
              1. Re: Simple: Adoption - Nat on Sep 29
                1. You Mean? - Bob on Sep 29
                  1. Re: You Mean? - Brandon on Sep 29
                    1. Re: You Mean? - Nat on Sep 29
                      1. Re: You Mean? - Brandon on Sep 29
                        1. Re: You Mean? - Nat on Sep 29
                    2. But Why a Dichotomy? - Bob on Oct 1
                  2. Re: You Mean? - Nat on Sep 29
              2. Simple? - Guest on Sep 30

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement