Return to Index  

People are different

March 6 2012 at 7:10 PM
Nat  (Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Response to I see your point

Well it's true people are different. Call it physiology, conditioning or whatever but I've always preferred a warmer temperature than most. First thing I did when I'd got to work was turn off the AC or turn up the heat depending on the season. As for bundling up in coats, scarfs, gloves and such- I find heavy clothing stifling.

Now I grant you I don't go out and jog or mow the lawn at noon in July but plenty of people who do here. You see construction guys and road-crew guys and agricultural workers working away in 95-deg weather. And there are many millions of people who live even further south in countries like Cuba, Mexico, Venezuela, etc where it's even hotter than Florida.

It works in the other way too- we Floridians will be bundled up in sweaters and jackets on a "cold" winter day here while I'll see tourists walking around in shorts and T-shirts perfectly comfortable.

And aside from the comfort aspect, just think of all the expense and problems and even deaths that cold causes up north. Nobody worries about getting stuck in a blizzard or falling on icy steps or having their water pipes freeze here.

. . . . .

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Cold can kill - Bob on Mar 7, 2012
    1. Temperature extremes - Nat on Mar 7, 2012

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement