Return to Index  

Bob...

March 27 2012 at 7:59 AM
Jenn  (no login)

Response to My Take on "Youth"

You know...I understand your point...but there are a couple of things you should remember. Girls HAVE to be more selective for a lot of reasons. First, if they get pregnant they have to assume its them (and them alone) who will take the responsibility. Second, if a young man sleeps around hes "sowing his oats" - if a girl does it shes a slut and a skank. Third, (I stole this one) women need a reason to have sex, men just need a place. I know this isnt a 100% true, but it is essentially true. And probably because of the idea of pregnancy.

Besides all this I think you are wrong. Women DO like attention - they do like to be noticed. How many 18 year old boys put on make-up, read fashion magazines, spend $75 getting their hair done and $150 on a bathing suit that covers up 5 inches of your body? What they don't like is having this be ALL they are looked at for - for instance at work. And imagine this, Bob, your an 18 year old attractive guy - your at a bar - and all night you keep getting hit on by overweight women in their 50's and 60's who are bald and saggy. How turned on are you going to be? How much of a compliment does it feel like?

More than anyone I understand the limitations of beauty - and I have taught my two guys that its far more important who that person is. They are getting old enough that they no longer heed this advice, BUT I am hoping it sticks for when they get ready to settle down with someone. I dont mind them liking attractive people - we all do. Thats why we call it attractive. On the other hand, women instinctively understand that there is more to a man than his body. We know this because we are judged by our appearance ALL the time.

So its not like we dont enjoy the attention - and its certainly not like we dont enjoy sex. But really, we have to be a lot more careful about it.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thanks - Nat on Mar 27, 2012
  3. You Make Valid Points - Bob on Mar 28, 2012
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement