Return to Index  

Right vs. Left

April 25 2012 at 4:01 PM
  (no login)

Response to 1st round results

I think these labels on peopple's viewpoints are not only inaccurate but unhelpful. Why is wanting adherence to immigration laws "extreme" anything? Why is wanting to become more insulated from events that occur a thousand or more miles away "extreme"?

The article notes France's unemployment woes . . do you think admitting more people into a countru helps the employment stats? I think it would worsen them. And, does it help or hurt a country to have sizable portions of the population to whom French culture and laguage means little? Again, I think it hurts that country's stability and solidarity.

World leaders have drug their populations into the illusion (now realized) of properity through globalism. What we have seen since the economic collapse of 2008-2009 has been that globalization can hurt as well as help a country's economy. I bet a lot of people in Western countries wish they were as insulated as Brazil is . . . Brazil hasn't gone through the crisis that so many other countries have becaquse they didn't buy into globalization. Is Brazilian leadership "extreme"? Is so, I think extremism can be very beneficial.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Some reading - Marseil on Apr 26
    1. To the Point, - Bob on Apr 26
      1. Re: To the Point, - Marseil on Apr 28
        1. Blaming the Right - Bob on Apr 28
          1. Traditional right responsibility is extreme right growth - Marseil on May 11
            1. Pardon me for this, - Bob on May 12

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement