Return to Index  

Re: Like you said, unconventional

April 27 2012 at 8:57 AM
  (Login BlueTrain)

Response to Like you said, unconventional

I almost was going to give this a title of "variety is the spice of life," but I decided it didn't make any difference here as it concerns nudity.

Among the families I have known over the years (I'm 65 now), it is true there have been different attitudes I have observed towards nudity, which is to say, semi-private (inside the house but outside of the bathroom and your own room) or even public (on the beach, in the back yard). Yet I am hesitant to make any generalizations because even so, my knowledge is decidedly limited. Yet it is always still surprising.

We lived in a townhouse community for a while when we first married and believe me, in that sort of place you are closer to your neighbors and will probably get to know more of them better than you would otherwise, especially so if you have children. In fact, I'd say that the patterns of how people get to know their neighbors have a lot to do with whether they have children or not. Anyhow, one family had a young girl, grade school age I suppose and it was no surprise to see her now and then running naked from one house to another. That was during the wading pool season. That would not have happened when I was little but no one had a wading pool.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement