Gas shortages, medical dictates, CNPJuly 11 2012 at 11:33 AM
|Nat (Login Nafana)|
from IP address 184.108.40.206
Response to Your daughter is a Nurse Practitioner?
Bob, the 55-mph limit was instituted in 1974 as a result of the gas shortages caused by OPEC oil embargo when studies showed that gas consumption increases dramatically when cars and trucks were driven over 55-mph and therefore it would significantly reduce gas needs. Reduced highway death was a afterthought.
. . . . .
As far as "dictates" of the medical industry- we have those now- except it's by private insurance companies and hospitals who have maximizing their profits their major concern- not what is best for the patient.
Surveys have shown that Seniors are more satisfied with the care they get via Medicare than they were from private insurance companies.
As for my daughter- yes- she's been a RN for years but two years ago she went back to college(USF) to get her CNP license. Now she can do physical exams, prescribe medications and do most things a MD can do. She now runs the medical office of a large company tending to the company's employees medical needs. This is becoming a common thing with large progressive companies- having their own medical facilities save employees money, the company money and reduces insurance costs. She told me she has better medical equipment there than at the hospital she use to work at.
- I Stand Corrected - Bob on Jul 11, 2012
- Insurance collusion - Nat on Jul 11, 2012
- You can say that about anything, Nat - Bob on Jul 11, 2012
- Anwser me this... - Nat on Jul 12, 2012
- Re: Answer Me This - Bob on Jul 12, 2012
- Re: Answer Me This - BlueTrain on Jul 12, 2012
- Re: Anwser me this... - BlueTrain on Jul 12, 2012
- Gee Blue - Nat on Jul 12, 2012
- Nary a clue - BlueTrain on Jul 12, 2012
- Ten policies - Nat on Jul 12, 2012
- Re: Ten policies - BlueTrain on Jul 12, 2012
- Hardly - Nat on Jul 13, 2012