Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Why, when , and how...
    • michaela (no login)
      Posted Nov 6, 2004 8:52 AM

I was always a 98% brafree gal for as long as I can remember, but would strap one on for certain things like church because I thought it was the thing to do. You know, expected proper behavior and appearance. (very silly) I always hated bras and how the elastic would cut in after awhile. I couldn't keep one on all day for anything.

Back in October of '02 I discovered a lump. My husband and I were terrified as I went to the doctor and had the tests to determine what it was. Turned out it was a cyst. But while I was waiting for the results, an agonizing week by the way, I read Dressed to Kill. I never wore a bra again. I didn't ease off slowly, I simply chucked them all in the trash can on garbage day and off they went. I wasn't sorry either. I felt free and happy that I didn't want to wear a bra, but I also couldn't even if I chickened out. I never did chicken out.

I go everywhere brafree, even church. I sometimes wear sheer tops (not to church) and I have decided to have fun with my body instead of being unhappy with it. As a young women I remember being told by very uninlightened men that I did not have what it takes (breasts) to make them happy. Being young and unwise I was hurt by their words and spent years thinking there was something wrong with me. I have learned since that I am perfect and it was they who were flawed. Too bad I spent so many years covered up because of it.

My husband helped me change my mind about myself too. He likes me just fine! And the cyst...it was gone in about ten months. Being brafree has helped my health like I never expected, and helped my self esteem. It is a very positive way to be. Totally brafree!

In this past year I have gone back to my old sport of cycling. I do this brafree as well. I do not wear anything under my jerseys to help hide the bounce and jiggle. I wouldn't want to impair the wicking design of the jersey and be uncomfortable while riding. I ride with other cyclists, and so far have never seen a strange look, or received a comment about being brafree. Being brafree doesn't stop me from doing anything.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement