Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Hurricanes & Politics
    • (Login Nafana)
      Forum Owner
      Posted Feb 6, 2008 3:09 AM

Well at least with hurricanes you know they are coming. I'm far enough inland that they are not a major threat here- mostly trees and pool cages blown down. The worse damage I had was a pine tree fell on my fence and squashed it.

Back to politics- I'm surprise that you are content with McCain and especially Obama since they are very liberal. Indeed, many Conservatives think McCain is a closet Democrat. Huckabee should have been your man- the only one in the whole bunch pushing religion.

This is certainly turning out to be an interesting election with with very complex dynamics as how the various candidates match against each other. Before the primaries I thought the Dems would win in a cakewalk, but now it looks like their weakest general-election candidate (Hilliary) will be going up against the Republican's strongest general-election candidate- McCain (strong because a lot of independents like him) so it may turn out to be quite a contest.

But the clear losers in all this are the old-line conservatives, including their army of right-wing talk jocks like Limbaugh and Hannity who have been doing everything they could to derail McCain and failing. They have definitely lost their clout. And whoever wins in November the country is moving to considerably to the left.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement