Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Glad to hear
    • (no login)
      Posted Nov 24, 2008 3:47 PM

that you and Ronnie continue to visit his grandmother. Too often, when someone enters a nursing home the rest of the family goes about their lives as if their loved one in the home has ceased to exist. This is especially true when the disability includes mental confusion and memory lapses. I admit that it taxes my patience to have to repeat myself continually to questions I've been asked several times. It is upsetting to see a loved one so deteriorated in their function. I've had family members tell me that they stopped visiting because it was painful to see the decline . . that they preferred to remember their parent or grandparent as they were in years past. But, despite the memory lapses and disorientation, there is still a person there who still needs to know that someone cares about them . . that there is a reason for living each day. It sounds like grandma has a loving family that lets her know they care. Good for you.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)