Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Iran's EMP threat
    • (Login Nafana)
      Forum Owner
      Posted Nov 28, 2009 8:29 PM

While I've consider Iran a serious threat to Israel I didn't think there was much they could do to us (the US) but after listening to Prof. William Forstchen I've change my mind. Here's why-

Up until the mid 1960s all nuclear explosions had been set off near the ground or underground but for some reason our government decided to set one off high in the atmosphere above the Pacific ocean. Since it was hundreds of miles from any land they expected no damage would result but to their surprise all the lights when out in Hawaii- hundreds of miles away. At first this was a complete mystery but eventually it became realized that a strange thing happens when you set off a nuclear explosion high in the earth's atmosphere- it generates a brief but very strong electromagnetic pulse that does enormous damage to anything electrical. This phenomena is known as EMP- or ElectroMagnetic Pulse.

For years this was kept top secret but in the early 1970s the government decided that the Russians also knew about this and that we better take defensive measures to protect against it the best we can. In 1975 I was an engineer at a radio station which was key in the government's Emergency Broadcast System which would be used to broadcast information to the public if the country came under attack so I was visited by a man from the Civil Defense agency (which is now a part of FEMA) who gave us a bunch of EMP surge arrestors and instructions on how to install them to hopefully keep the station on the air after such a EMP attack. I installed them- but was never very confident that they would actually work- and there was no way to test them.

I've heard strangely little about EMP in recent years as our government seems to think Russia is now our buddy and would never attack us- but Prof. Forstchen points out that it doesn't take dozens of nukes on accurately targeted ICBMs to devastate the US- it only takes one or two nuclear explosions set off high in the Earth Atmosphere to generate EMP pulses that would knock out electrical stuff all over the country.

This is even far truer today when nearly everything we use contains transistors and IC-chips which are extremely vunerable to voltage spikes. A strong EMP pulse would knock out our power systems, phones, computers, internet, radio-TV, virturally everything we use today! Even our cars wouldn't work since the control and ignitions systems of modern cars are electronic. There would be no electricity, no communications, no transportion, no food in the stores- in short- virturally nothing we have today would work! In a flash we would be back in the stone age and have people going around killing each other for whatever food and water they could get.

Could the Iranians do this? Yes they could- all they would have to do is set off a couple nuclear rockets from ships near our coast lines. The rockets wouldn't even need accurate targeting system- all they would have to do is shoot up about two hundred miles and then explode to generate a EMP pulse that would take us back to the stone age. And according to Forstchen, the Iranians not only know this- but are working on perfecting missiles just to do this.

And the thing that concern Forstchen- and me- is that our government seems to be oblivious to this threat and is doing absolutely nothing currently to protect the country against EMP damage.

Check out Forstchen's website at- http://www.onesecondafter.com
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement