<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Braless as a Means of Control

January 8 2005 at 12:20 AM
William  (no login)

Both in fiction and in real life, I have heard/read about men in abusive or kinky relationships who forced their wives to go braless.

For example, In the movie Sleeping With The Enemy, Julia Roberts' character was forced to go braless by an abusive husband.

Dorothy Stratton, who was murdered by her husband, had to go braless on his say so.

I've also read a book about a couple in a hard core D/S relationship (fictional), in which the man forbade his wife to wear a bra.

My point being, rather it's real or fictional or abusive or consensual, is there something about male dominance in which he wants the woman to do this?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Nat
(Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Can't generalize

January 8 2005, 12:45 AM 

I suppose there are some like that. But then there are many who are zealously jealous and refuse to let their wives go braless because they are afraid it will attract other men. So you can't really generalize about something like this.

Respond to this message   
Pat
(no login)

agree

January 8 2005, 1:01 AM 

I agree totally with Nat. There are way many more men who conservatively restrict what their wives wear, rather than coerce them into shedding a bra. Another thought is that for many women, when they get home from work the first thing they want to do is get rid of that bra. Thus, its a comfort and health issue in more cases than it is a power issue.

Respond to this message   
Jessica M.
(no login)

In my case

January 11 2005, 12:59 PM 

My husband didn't really force me to. When asked he simply said he thought it was sexy. If had clung to my bras, I'm certain he'd still have been the same Jon. With us, it was a preference not a demand or order. Just as I prefer certain perfumes, he prefers me (and other women for that matter) bra for aesthetic reasons.

But, I will say that my willingness to please is a part of why we got married because of the situation surrounding his military service and my desire to live in the country and stay at home. I think that going braless was a part (small or otherwise) of the big picture. He did not previously want to be married until much later in life. He felt (feels, actually) that he should be able to home and provide and be a part of our day to day lives. And because of the global mess, he is rarely home for long but when he is It's great for all of us. We often dream of the day when he rotates off this assignment and maybe gets a PCS to admin, instruction, or someother nondeloyable duty. Until that day, going braless has kinda became a support thing :<) (Unintended, I promise)

I have been around, and Jon has served with for that matter, those kinds of "abusive" husbands. But, at least in a few cases, he has been able to help them to learn better ways to lead a family. So, I guess I'd agree with him, many times it is more an issue of teaching the guy(s) to deal differently with things.

C-ya'll,

Jessica

Respond to this message   
Tina
(no login)

Willingness to please

January 11 2005, 3:25 PM 

For me I think willingness to please when being in a new relationship played a big part in me going along with his requests. These days it is just the expected norm and I'm pretty comfortable with that.
My hubby has gone commando on a handful of "special" occasions but you could never tell unlike some of the clothes I wear for him.
I must admit I feel proud when I see other braless women when we are out in public.

Respond to this message   
michaela
(no login)

Pride

January 11 2005, 6:36 PM 

I saw another blafree gal at the Barnes and Noble book store the other day. She was wearing a loose fitting t-shirt and so was not flaunting or obvious about it. I was glad to see it all the same. It seems like it is a rare thing to see a brafree woman anymore. I sure don't see many.

Respond to this message   
fashiondreamer
(no login)

Others

January 14 2005, 9:28 PM 

I am glad you are seeing them. Many women feel they are alone till they find this Forum.

Respond to this message   
someguy
(no login)

Re: Willingness to please

January 25 2005, 2:07 AM 

You know I grew up in the 60's and 70's and the bra burning days etc. and I never cared if a women wore a bra or didn't - I've always felt it's your body, your choice....

My take has always been you do what you want - if I find it attractive you'll know - if I don't I won't say anything ....and you'll probably know that i find it unattractive by my body language ... but ultimately whether we are dating or not -- it's the women's choice to (course if she asks me -- well it's still her choice but she will get an honest answer )

Respond to this message   
JB
(no login)

controlling men

January 8 2005, 12:16 PM 

There are men like that, whether it is making the wife go braless or telling her she can't have friends or that she can't work. I don't think there are too many of the latter now.
Perhaps a man like that has a belief that going braless is somehow demeaning and since he wishes to demean the woman, that is how he does it. After all, it leaves no marks or bruises.

Respond to this message   
Nat
(Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Or-

January 8 2005, 1:38 PM 

Or the man could be very proud of his wife's breasts and enjoys showing them off.
Like driving around town in a shinney new car to impress your friends.
There's no figuring out something like this.

Respond to this message   
JB
(no login)

Re: or-

January 10 2005, 9:38 PM 

There is a big difference though. A car is a thing, it is property, women are not.

Respond to this message   
Nat
(Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Re: or-

January 10 2005, 9:49 PM 

Valid point, but men are as proud of their women as their cars.

If you have a date with a pretty woman, you like to show her off.

It's a male ego thing.

Respond to this message   
Jessica M.
(no login)

Good Intentions

January 11 2005, 1:02 PM 

Often, as Nat stated, It's a well intended "male ego" thing. They are proud of you. Take it as a complement and you will look even better. (Being mad at him and the resentment that accompanies is NOT usually an attractive thing. )(Mad can be cute depending.)

It is often all in how you look at things.

Jess

Respond to this message   
fashiondreamer
(no login)

Objets

January 14 2005, 9:32 PM 

All too often women ARE seen as objects - see comments about hood ornaments above

Respond to this message   
Tina
(no login)

Similar Story

January 9 2005, 2:36 PM 

I found out pretty quickly after we started going out that my now hubby expected me to go without a bra (and other things) at all times. We've been together for eight years now and it can be a constant challenge depending on what I'm wearing and what I'm doing. The most embarrassing part for me is the fact that everyone in our circle of friends knows about this because a previous girlfriend had blabbed to them about his rules and it's not hard to tell that I'm always braless, especially when it's COLD !

Respond to this message   
Nat
(Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Re: Similar Story

January 9 2005, 3:24 PM 

Why not tell your "friends" how grateful you are that your BF introduced you to the comfort of brafreedom. Perhaps they should try it.

Respond to this message   
Pat
(no login)

turnabout

January 10 2005, 9:06 PM 

Perhaps turnabout is fair play. It would be interesting to hear his reaction to your demands that he go "commando" and also wear pants that are, in the words of a famous rock star, "tight enough so they can't just tell your sex, but also your religion."
I still think that a poll would show that a higher percentage of men try to make their wives wear bras than try to make them go brafree [and it is a particularly tragic situation with women that have fibrocystic pain]. But the point is well taken that breast freedom is the freedom to wear or not wear as one wants.

Respond to this message   
Nat
(Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Accommodation

January 10 2005, 9:35 PM 

Well this is a tricky thing. I think when a couple marries there is certain compromises they make to each other's tastes. Just as in love making, one partner may have certain 'turns-ons' (fetishes) that his partner is willing to accommodate. I think this can go for dress and appearance too- a certain hair style or fashion. It's just hard to say what is a reasonable accommodation and what is over the line.

Respond to this message   
JB
(no login)

Re: turnabout

January 10 2005, 9:40 PM 

Pants tight enough that one can tell that the coin in your pocket is a nickel and not a quarter?

Respond to this message   
Jessica M.
(no login)

Lighter Side

January 11 2005, 1:05 PM 

On the Lighter Side of This:

As a "condition" of my going braless (or rather staying in my case), I asked Jon to go commando. He agreed. I never much cared and it was short term but I'd say that this fact helped conveince me to give it a whirl, so to speak.

Jess

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement