<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Nipples

November 10 2005 at 3:53 PM
Mandy  (no login)

Hi, I just discovered this site and I must say you people have some interesting conversations here! I'm 24 and I have hated wearing bras all my life. I don't really need one because my breasts are quite firm and don't sag at all. So my problem? Nipples! I guess I have extra pointy nipples because they are always showing through my clothes. I don't know why this is a big deal really- its not like youre seeing anything but bumps in a shirt but from comments I've heard you would think I was walking around naked! Can somebody here explain why bumps in a shirt are such a awful thing?

Thanks, Mandy

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Melissa
(no login)

It's all about what you are comfortable with

November 10 2005, 7:26 PM 

Personally I also have nipples that are often hard and stick out (and contarary to what some guys think it's not because I'm horney or even cold) they just do. Under most circumstances I don't care if people notice. Some of my guy friends have even coined a phrase "she's got some Melissa action going on" to discribe someone with hard nipples to eachother.

Respond to this message   
Bob
(no login)

Just a Guess

November 10 2005, 7:36 PM 

Nipples seem to be the part of the breast that is considered most sexual. Notice that strippers in some clubs are required to wear pasties over their nipples, while the rest of the breast can be bare.

Respond to this message   
Melissa
(no login)

Which is funny

November 12 2005, 1:58 PM 

and what makes that funny is that men and women both have nipples. The thing that makes our breasts diferent is that they have a fullness or roundness that men's chests don't have. So that means that I must cover my nipples (that part that men have too) because I don't have a penis. Ironic isn't it?

Respond to this message   
Nat
(Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Nipple phobia silliness

November 12 2005, 3:25 PM 

To illustrate how silly our nipple phobia is- there is a teen forum that I sometimes read to keep up with what the younger generation thinks about things- well one boy posted a picture of his new nipple ring and the moderators took it down. So he posted it again and every time they took it down so he ask them why he couldn't show his nipple ring and they said that "nudity is against forum rules". "But I'm a GUY- it's a MALE NIPPLE!" "Well we couldn't tell that from the picture." Finally he got it posted by printing right on the picture "This is a GUY nipple". (see below)

Now I think the silly part is that they ban it even though they couldn't tell if it was male or female!

Respond to this message   
Bob
(no login)

Indeed

November 12 2005, 5:03 PM 

Some women's (and men's) nipples do resemble those of the opposite sex. In fact, some men have larger breasts than some women ( think such men should difinitely wear a shirt!)

I gave this additional thought: I surmise that the reason why the female breast, especially the nipple, evokes such a strong reaction in people -- male and female -- is that it takes us back to those days when we were suckled at the breast, and long after than experience ends, we are drawn to the breast and, in some subliminal way, perhaps the sight of the naked breat/nipple elicits in us this deep-seated suckle instinct. So, perhaps that is why some have such a strong reaction to it.

Certainly, not all of us were so lucky to have that first experience of nurturing by feeding at the breast. Perhaps our mothers chose not to breast-feed. Or, as in my case, our mothers could not produce sufficient milk. I think it is possible that, due to our lacking that early relationship with the breast, our longing could be even stronger. (During counselor training, a therapist observed that I was "longing for the big breast" -- how did he know?).

Respond to this message   
Nat
(Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

There you go!

November 12 2005, 5:51 PM 

There you go again Bob- wanting to infringe people's rights. Why should a chubby-titted guy have less rights than one with a flat chest?- because you say so?

And I don't buy your crap that men's fascination with breasts is because of some subliminal desire to return to breast feeding! If that was true, guys who were bottle-fed would be turned on by plastic bottle nipples- and I sure never heard of that!

You even contradict yourself when you note that some men have bigger boobs than some women- so if it's boobs that do it- why don't heterosexual men get attracted to a chubby guy's man-boobs?

I'd say the only reason that men go goo-goo over women's breasts is because we keep them hidden- hiding anything makes it more alluring. Just like in old China, women's feet were kept hidden- and became sexual objects.

Respond to this message   
CindyNoble
(Login CindyNoble)

nipple action

November 18 2005, 11:01 PM 

In addition to poking out when I am horny or cold, my nipples sometimes get hard when I am talking one on one with someone. It used to embarass me, but now I actually like the attention it draws.

Respond to this message   
Nat
(Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Re: Nipples

November 10 2005, 9:30 PM 

Hi Mandy, welcome to BFF. You have an interesting question- why do bumps in a shirt or sweater upset people so? After all- they are only bumps. But bumps certainly seem to be quite a taboo these days- especially with teens who regarding "nipping" (as they call it) a major social sin.

It wasn't always like this- in the 1970s when many women were going brafree- or wearing super soft thin "natural look" bras nipple bumps were a common sight- even on TV- and no-one seem to care. Some even considered it an attribute and I saw ads for bras with buttons sow on the front to simulate nipple bumps for nipple-impaired women! Amazing how times change, huh?

But all this historical recitation isn't solving your problem, is it? Well, you can try the old trick of putting tape or bandaids on your nipples, but if I was you I would just tell these prudes who have nothing better to do then criticize bumps in a shirt to take a hike. They wouldn't be people I would want to associate with anyway.

Respond to this message   
michaela
(no login)

Welcome

November 10 2005, 10:16 PM 

Hi!
I don't know why nipples have become the taboo that they have in recent years. But I don't worry at all about it. Why? Because women who wear bras nip too, and it shows, whether they know it or not. It would be good to just not worry about it. If you hear a comment about yours just say to them how interesting you find it that they noticed. Maybe they should check the custody of their eyes?

Respond to this message   
John Bayko
(no login)

November 11 2005, 12:41 AM 

I often suggest getting about a dozen of these:

http://www.bodyperks.com/index-product.html

Wear half on each side. Then watch the reactions.

These are cheaper:

http://www.softer-ware.com/

Respond to this message   
Bob
(no login)

Ha Ha Ha

November 11 2005, 9:00 AM 

Fake boobs . . . and now, fake nipples . . . and I thought part of this movement was about body acceptance.

I found the message board there interesting (assuming those were actual customer comments). You have women saying that they wear these fake nipples for ALL THE ATTENTION they get, especially male attention. I think that is quite an interesting admission: Women, who (we are told) don't want to be gawked/leered/ogled by men, are wearing fake nipples so that men will notice and look. NOW and the media need to survey these women to find out what women really want -- maybe men aren't the bad guys after all (Is this a confusing country, or what??!!! lol)

If I'm not mistaken, aren't there already nipples built into certain bras and bikini tops? Then, there are bras (and tops) so sheer that a woman's own nipples (the outline anyway) subtly show through. And, true to course, other women (not just the guys' gf's) are quick to bump guys and tell them, "Stop looking at her boobs!" (got told this recently at work by a female co-worker, who was later heard talking about the supposed erection of a male employee during a meeting . . yeeesh!)

(I dated a girl in hs who had wonderful pointy nipples that stood out about 3/4 inch. She used band-aids to cover them, so they would not be so obvious, but the band-aids kept popping off. The adhesive was just no match for those sexy projections. Man, I miss those nipples!!)

Respond to this message   
Nat
(Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Nipple confliction!

November 11 2005, 9:17 AM 

Yes, I think it's funny that you can find websites selling nipple enhancers and websites selling nipple hiders!
But from what I've seen, the nipple hider people are probably making more money these days.

Respond to this message   
michaela
(Login HighlanderLaw)

Save Money!

November 11 2005, 9:30 AM 

Some of us can have 'em show some of the time, and have 'em hide some of the time, and don't have to spend a dime on either fashion! And my hair has got natural highlights now too and I didn't have to have them done in the salon, they just keep coming in. Sparkly, shiney, bright, silvery highlights!

Respond to this message   
John Bayko
(no login)

November 17 2005, 10:24 PM 

It seems someone tried that after all:

Respond to this message   
Nat
(Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Sextuple

November 18 2005, 10:04 AM 

Would you care to explain this phenomenon, professor?

Respond to this message   
Mandy
(no login)

Thanks

November 11 2005, 2:43 PM 

I want to thank you all for all for you helpful advice. I think it's funny that they sell things to make what I'm trying to avoid! lol! but I think I will take Nat's advice and just not worry about it. Like he says those who would bitch about bumps in a shirt would bitch about anything and wouldn't be good fiends anyway. I just hope when I get a job my employer won't be a ass about it.

Respond to this message   
Nat
(Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Re: Thanks

November 11 2005, 3:31 PM 

Glad to help out Mandy. And I hope you will keep us informed on how things work out.

Respond to this message   
Charlie
(no login)

In Praise of Nipples...

November 12 2005, 10:20 AM 

...is this University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee article entitled: "Fascinating and forgotten: the hidden nipples"

Respond to this message   
Bob
(no login)

Pretty Nipples

November 21 2005, 6:48 PM 

My preferences for nipples (female, of course -- who cares about guys' nipples?):

Nipples should be proportionate in size to the breasts they're on. Large nipples/areolas on small breasts are too obtrusive; small nipples on large breasts look lost and unfinished.

Nipple size/shape/color: The perfect areola is a uniform medium pink or brown in color, well-defined and circular, and about 1.5 to 2 inches wide. The nipple should be well-defined and stick out a bit -- 3/8 to 3/4 is good (less pointy nipples on small breasts; more pointy on larger breasts).

The skin of the breast should be clear and not have scars, stretch marks, dark veins showing, hair (very fine hair that is light in color can look very nice, but not the longer/darker variety). The idea breast size is a perky-to-SLIGHTLY sagged C-cup. Breasts that move as a woman walks is a definite turn-on.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement