<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The Monster

June 5 2010 at 1:26 AM
No score for this post
Bob  (no login)
from IP address 99.67.184.6

I attended a Steppenwolf concert and was hoping they would play this song. They did . . and afterward I heard a Bubba say, "I came to hear music, not this rail against America!" But he missed the point. Notice how the lyrics apply equally to the Vietnam war and today's wars. It is not "rail", it is reality. It is not anti-America, it is American people rise up and be the great people and actions that you are. "America where are you now?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpuyXdKx9Ws

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Nat
(Login Nafana)
Owner

Bad audio mix

No score for this post
June 5 2010, 9:09 AM 

I think there is a great message there Bob but on my computer the music was so loud in proportion to the lyrics that I could barely hear what he was saying. If it is that we should stay out of foreign entanglements and mind our own business at home I'm all for that- as I've said here many times. It time we we step down from being the world's traffic cop and nanny. It is only bringing us grief.

If I missed the point- please elaborate.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement