(Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

I knew all that exercising would eventually kill him! sad.gif

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

Re: Jack

January 24 2011, 9:26 PM 

As a pre-teen, I used to exercise to his programs whenever I was off-school. Anybody could do his routines, and he was so enthusiastic about it. At 96, he sure didn't get cheated out of life. He should be an inspiration to all ages. If LaLanne could do all that at 60, 70, 80, 90+, what excuse could the rest of us have? I enjoyed the quote when he said the only thing that damages the body is inactivity.

Respond to this message   

(Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Re: Jack

January 25 2011, 9:26 AM 

I was being facetious ofcourse, anyone who lives to be 96 did well. But if it takes all that exercising to do it then I'll never make it. In my younger years I was pretty active with tennis, biking, swimming, even volleyball but those things were fun. I find LaLanne style exercising unbearable boring. It would make it seem like 96 years even if it was much less.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Try This

January 25 2011, 12:21 PM 

Nat, I feel the same as you -- a lot of exercise is boring! But, I decided to try an aerobics class at my local rec. center. Most of the participants are female. Many (not all) are young and fit. So, while exercising I can look around and enjoy the scenery. And if I don't know the steps or cannot keep up, the ladies are mostly encouraging and tell me not to give up, it will get easier, etc. You should try it Nat!

Respond to this message   

(Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Why you devil! ;-)

January 25 2011, 1:39 PM 

Why you devil! Bouncing around with all those young chicks! That should stimulate something! wink.gif

But since I live in a retirement area my luck would be a class of 80 year old grannies.
At least that might be more my speed these days. sad.gif

But it is true that exercising in a group is much more motivating.
It raises the competitive spirit- "if they can do it I can do it!"
You don't have when exercising alone.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Best Yet

January 26 2011, 8:40 AM 

Looking is free! (not many things you can do around women that you can say that about). And, so far, looking is legal (so long as it is fleeting and you don't drool happy.gif

I'd bet there are places near you that would have more of a mix of ages. While some women are strictly business, there are others who might be friendly -- if you keep going on a certain night/session, you get to know a few people and can enjoy some conversation before and after. It seems that some women don't mind having men in their exercise group (though I know others who join female-only clubs so they don't have to be ogled by us . . just by the lesbos! lol)

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Jack LaLanne dead :-(
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement