<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hot One Up North

July 7 2012 at 11:05 AM
  (no login)

Most of you are probably well aware that the weather in northern U.S. has been a scorcher this past week. Temps mid-90's to over 100 degrees F every day. I was visiting my son in Cleveland this week and his house has no air conditioning! We all slept in front of fans, kept taking showers and changing clothes, and enjoyed shopping trips in the air-conditioned stores. Fortunately, my son and his friends are young and healthy -- such heat could be dangerous for an elderly or sickly person. I'm back home now with the air conditioning, but going outside is a killer. Supposed to let up starting Monday, thank God!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Re: Hot One Up North

July 7 2012, 12:46 PM 

Yes, I've been reading about that. First the storm and then a heatwave. What luck. And think about the poor guys- power company, tree guys, etc who must be out working in this. At least indoor people don't have the hot sun beating down on them. It is weird when it hotter up north than in south Florida! There has been a lot of bad weather this year and hurricane season just starting.

. . . . .

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Hot One Up North
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement