Return to Politics Board  

Robert Agarobe should be Governor of NCD

October 14 2011 at 7:53 AM
Brata blo Agarobe 

Response to BULSHIT

I am a close friend of Agarobe and I tried to talk him out of contesting the NCD regional seat and he said this to me:

"90% of the problems in this city are caused by my mothers people. 90% of the land in NCD and Central province are owned by my father's people ... if I can bring the two sides together, we will see true development in NCD, bro you tell me, who else can do this? Parkop is not Motu Koitabu, he does not understand our challenges. Parkop is not solving the root causes of the problems. Right now he is doing beautification, fixing roads, etc. These are the normal things that are expected of any governor. The real question is, how is he contributing to solving the unemployment and the crime problems and how is he contributing to empowering the motu-koitabus who are spectators on their own land?"

Whatever your unfounded criticisms of Robert Agarobe are, the reality is that he has a very good point. He is interested in solving real problems and fundamental problems. This is what leadership is all about, going that extra mile to deliver long term solutions.

The fact that Robert is interested in these problems, I think qualifies him to be Governor.

I have known Robert for a long time, I know he is very successful, he is a grade 10 dropout, but his achievements in business are worth 20 PhD's. He has already made enough money to retire several times over.

I can guarantee you that he will not steal your money and I can guarantee you that he has a clear vision of how he sees NCD working for the people and also for PNG.

If leadership is about a having a positive vision, I would go for the leader that is serious about solving problems, paint and polish is fine, but PNG is at a point where we need real leaders, not pretenders. Robert is one such person.

As I said, I tried to talk him out of it but he is very clear on what he wants to achieve, he has convinced me that he is ready. The real question is, are you interested in his vision too? If you are not, I am sure Robert will not mind, he will continue to be the most successful Motu Koitabuan in the city and that will be the extent of his contribution to society. I think his people, on both sides, deserve to see if he can achieve his vision or not, I think we should be reasonalbe enough, to give him this chance.

I am a Sepik and I can tell you, Robert is a rare PNGan and he has my support.

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 POWES HAS GROWN FATAngerehOct 15, 2011, 7:09 PM
  Re: POWES HAS GROWN FATPiggy Pollie ParkopOct 15, 2011, 11:10 PM
   Re: POWES HAS GROWN FATTry AgainOct 16, 2011, 8:34 AM
    Re: POWES HAS GROWN FAT INTO A GENUINE PNG PIGGY POLLIEFacts and more FactsOct 16, 2011, 9:55 AM
     Re: POWES HAS GROWN FAT INTO A GENUINE PNG PIGGY POLLIECrap and more crap.Oct 16, 2011, 11:02 PM
      Re: POWES HAS GROWN FAT INTO A GENUINE PNG PIGGY POLLIE9 Mile CouncilorOct 16, 2011, 11:13 PM
       Re: POWES HAS GROWN FAT INTO A GENUINE PNG PIGGY POLLIEUsim HetOct 16, 2011, 11:51 PM
       Re: POWES HAS GROWN FAT INTO A GENUINE PNG PIGGY POLLIEpawa 2 da pipolOct 17, 2011, 5:50 PM
      Re: POWES HAS GROWN FAT INTO A GENUINE PNG PIGGY POLLIEpawa 2 da pipolOct 17, 2011, 5:44 PM
      Re: POWES HAS GROWN FAT INTO A GENUINE PNG PIGGY POLLIELMFAOOct 18, 2011, 5:26 AM
     Re: POWES HAS GROWN FAT INTO A GENUINE PNG PIGGY POLLIEpawa 2 da pipolOct 17, 2011, 5:41 PM