Return to Politics Board  

After issued of writs O'Namah still appoint a ministers:Maladina is new Police Minister

June 12 2012 at 9:28 PM
O'Namah 

After issuing og writs an MP is already a Candidate he is no longer Minister. But not with O'Namah boys. In today post Courier 12/06/2012 Maladina is new Police Minister

By GORETHY KENNETH

ESA’ALA MP Moses Maladina is the new Internal Security Minister (Police Minister) and John Boito has taken over as the Local Level Government Minister.
The Leader of Government Business, Mr Maladina, in an interview with Post -Courier over the weekend has assured the nation and the international community that Papua New Guinea is on target with elections and all security operations were now set and in operational locations throughout the country.
And Maladina also warned everyone, including all candidates, that they would face the full force of the law if they tried to disrupt these elections, which would officially start in 10 days time.
He said the Government with the help of the Australian and New Zealand governments had already deployed security personnel all over Papua New Guinea and that the security Operations code named NATEL 2012 was now all set and providing security specifically in the Highlands Region already, and other parts of the country.
Mr Maladina also assured that the Government would make sure security forces were resourced internally for the benefit of a fair, safe and successful election 2012.
“I want to re-assure the nation that the election is on target. I want to assure the nation also that all security operations in the country is all set to go, police and other security agencies have already been deployed to respective areas and more people will be deployed this week,” Mr Maladina said.
“I want to assure the international community that all the logistics for the 2012 general elections are on target and that everybody will be ready for polling in 10 days time.
“I also want to issue a warning to anyone who disrupts this election, or be it candidate or leaders, those behaving illegally to disrupt this election, that you will face the full brunt of the law.
“The Government will be resourcing everyone internally and I want to sincerely thank the Australian and New Zealand governments for providing funding and logistics for the Government of PNG and for all the help given too.’’

Respond to this message