HOW THIS ELECTION WILL BE WON (WORK NOW IN PROGRESS)
June 16 2012 at 6:58 PM
Gullible voters need not read dis posting
There is a huge amount of money at stake for those who win the big prize of becoming MP because of all the LNG wealth likely to flow into the government treasury. More pressure than ever to find guaranteed ways to win the election. Here is what is already being planned by CERTAIN main political parties fighting to keep power. They all have a carefully mapped out strategy and it will be between them alone who will win this election.
1. Common roll update corruption is now finished. Those conducting the common roll updates have been bribed all over the country to make sure that the names of people in a particular electorate were either inflated or (in the case of areas with opposing candidates) were deflated.
2. Printing of common rolls: Bribery has also been widespread at this juncture to make sure the false figures actually get printed.
3. For the last month and more, the known election officers (election manager, returning officers, assistant returning officers) are being offered large bribes or being threatened with their life to pressure them to swing the election in the briber's direction. This has been especially common in the highlands, but even is occurring in certain island electorates. Also pretty widespread in Momase region.
4. For the last week and continuing up to now, senior election officials have been bribed at various parts all over the country (but especially in the highlands) to make sure that the distribution of ballot papers will be done selectively. Purposely ballot papers are coming up short so that on election day, people in certain regions who strongly support an opposing candidate will find that there aren't enough ballots and they can't vote. End of story. A simple trick that is being accomplished right now as I write with a simple but hefty bribe.
5. Security forces are being bribed and threatened now to look the other way. Everyone knows that every security has their price, it doesn't matter what their bosses say about taking bribes. Waigani has already gotten wind of just how widespread and successful this is likely to be in 2012.
6. When the election starts, especially in the highlands, women will be forced to vote certain ways by their husbands and wantoks also will be watched carefully to make sure they vote a certain way. While this corruption is widespread in every election its not an area where a candidate can control things with a simple bribe. In many villages, leaders will feed and guard election officials while youth outside mark all the ballots in favour of a certain candidate.
7. Plans are already in place for hijacking ballot boxes when they're leaving certain polling place. Most of this never gets reported in the newspaper so it is an effective way of getting rid of an opposition candidate's votes. Somtimes the ballot boxes are destroyed but usually either opposition votes are removed and in certain areas it is planned to replace them with fake ballots (see below).
8. Heaps of counterfeit ballots have already been printed overseas and smuggled into the country for use to replace the legitimate ballots in the ballot boxes of certain areas.
9. Counting room corruption is where some political groups are now planning to focus most of their efforts. It is all a matter of bribing the right election officials AND associated security. Tens of thousands of kina is likely to be the going price for this briberty.
IF EVERYTHING WORKS OUT AS PLANNED, MOST OF THE ABOVE WILL TAKE PLACE AHD YOU'LL NEVER HEAR ABOUT IT. THOSE OF YOU SCAPERS WHO HAVE BEEN PROMOTING THIS OR THAT CANDIDATE ON THESE BOARDS HAVE LARGELY BEEN WASTING YOUR TIME BECAUSE THE ELECTION WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE HIGHER UPS. YOU BASICALLY HAVE NO INFLUENCE.