Return to Politics Board  

MASSIVE BRIBERY now underway by major political parties

July 11 2012 at 8:29 PM
buying the loyalties of the independents 

The amount of money changing hands is truly unbelieveable. 2012 goes down, by far, as the most failed corrupt election in PNG history.

News
Wednesday 11th July, 2012
Enticement by political parties rife

By GORETHY KENNETH

FOUR main political parties (named) are now travelling the breath and length of Papua New Guinea “poaching” and “paying” independent candidates that they believe will win their seats.
Two independent candidates in Kokopo yesterday told the Post-Courier last night that they were approached by three different political party groups (named) who are now in East New Britain and specifically the New Guinea Islands region to talk to the candidates.
“I am an independent candidate and I have the potential to come home, what scared me yesterday was two political party leaders have sent their boys to come and talk to me to have all my families put on the plane and sent overseas or somewhere to have a nice time while counting is still on. They are trying to entice us or something,” the candidate (named) said.
Another candidate in the Momase region sent an email on Sunday to the Post-Courier claiming two political parties have approached him offering him several thousands of kina to join their parties if they come home or win. A female candidate in the region had also been approached of the latter.
In the Southern Region, a female candidate told the this paper yesterday that she was approached by two prominent party executives of a well financed political party to join them.
“I am not doing that, I stood on my own accord so I will finish this race myself,” she said.

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: MASSIVE BRIBERY now underway by major political partiesfilled with unspeakable sadnessJul 12, 2012, 11:41 AM
  More doom comingprophetJul 12, 2012, 12:10 PM
   Corrupt ElectionskangoJul 12, 2012, 3:39 PM
    Re: Corrupt Electionsku navaJul 12, 2012, 3:45 PM
 Re: MASSIVE BRIBERY now underway by major political partiesblack bartJul 12, 2012, 5:41 PM
 Re: MASSIVE BRIBERY now underway by major political partiesffJul 13, 2012, 9:53 AM
 Re: MASSIVE BRIBERY now underway by major political partiesyet they all go 2 church & cry Jesus JesusJul 13, 2012, 9:55 AM
  It's the begining of so called horse tradingCT-zenJul 13, 2012, 10:09 AM
   Re: It's the begining of so called horse tradingits corruption, not horse tradingJul 15, 2012, 12:07 AM
  Re: MASSIVE BRIBERY now underway by major political partiesJesus must have tears every time they lotuJul 18, 2012, 5:39 PM
   Re: MASSIVE BRIBERY now underway by major political partiesOnly money buys the PM seatJul 23, 2012, 7:47 PM
 Re: MASSIVE BRIBERY now underway by major political partieswandering soulJul 15, 2012, 3:01 PM