Return to Politics Board  

the Pundari corruption becomes more complicated.....

July 18 2012 at 9:33 PM
ha ha ha 

Response to JOHN PUNDARI SCAM

News

Wednesday 18th July, 2012

Pundari: Plot highly suspicious

A PLOT to disturb the counting and elimination is certainly into play in the Kompiam Ambum Open electorate in Enga Province.
John Thomas Pundari is the sitting member and is currently leading during the elimination process.
Yesterday Post-Courier received the return writ of declaration for Kompiam-Ambum open.
It was was found to have been completed with 2007-2012 member for the electorate John Pundari declared as the winner while counting was still in progress.
This document awestruck supporters of fellow Kompiam-Ambum candidate Patrick Balone who had confrontation with the district returning officer Mr Ronalo Bapu
Mr Balone is Triumph Heritage Empowerment Party.
“I as candidate denounce this action as it is dishonest and fraudulent practice and it will lead to nothing but violence for the Kompiam-Ambum people.”
Mr Balone also went to EMTV to highlight his claim.
Last night Mr Pundari learnt of Mr Balone’s claim through EMTV news.
Mr Pundari called Post-Courier to find out what this claim was all about.
“I am astonished. I am confused about this claim. It is highly suspicisous.”
This is a criminal offence,” Mr Pundari said.
Interestingly no one knows how this write was in their hands of Mr Balone. Mr Balone claimed that his men were highly suspicious of the officials and approached them.
He said his men found the declaration write tucked in the visor of the vehicle they were in already signed by the Returning Officer Mr Ronalo Bapu.
However Mr Pundari’s story was that that was an incident on Sunday where a electoral office hired car was attacked by some candidate supporters.
“The attack was uncalled for,” he said.
“I believe it must be during this time the writ was stolen.
“And they are using it to tarnish my name and reputation.
“I believe they are trying to distrupt the counting process.
Interestingly, in the counting room Pundari is leading the race followed by Mr Balone.
Pundari is leading with a massive 14,537 votes followed by Balone with 4836 votes as of last night. Mr Balone has urged the Electoral Commission, the Police and other security forces to note the dishonest conduct by the Mr Bapu and not take it lightly.
While Mr Pundari said: “If I was leading with massive number of votes why would I want to do that and fradulently and write my name on the write.
“This is unbelievable. I am leading. I am happy.
“Now tell me who would have put my name on the writ.
“I believe its those who don’t want me to be leading.”
Attempts to call the polling officials in the Kompiam Ambum Open electorate was unsuccessful.

Respond to this message