Respond to this messageReturn to Politics Board
Original Message
  • Peter Yama PM in waiting?????
    • Anti-Yama
      Posted Feb 19, 2002 6:04 PM

Sometime back, one C. Kaupa wrote in this forum that Madang people were lucky to have someone like Peter Yama. I replied stating that Peter Yama was a conman, a fraud etc... I said we got rid of him in Sumkar simply because he was a fraud. Just read today's NATIONAL newspaper and you will find out why. The NATIONAL states:

Former Member for Sumkar Peter Yama is among a list of ex-MPs who are likely to face Leadership Code charges if they return to public office, Chief Ombudsman Mr Ila Geno confirmed yesterday.

Mr Yama was also referred to the Public Prosecutor on the same day as Mr Karo, July 14, 1997 as the Ombudsman Commission was satisfied that there was a prima facie case that he had been guilty of misconduct in office. There were eight allegations of misconduct in office relating to: use and application of advances from Water Supply and Drought Relief Funds, Law and Order Funds, Electoral Development Funds, distribution of Rural Transport Development Funds, purchasing National Housing Corporation houses and his private company entering into publicly funded contracts. Two other allegations of misconduct related to attempted purchase of government ships...

Em nau, em dispela man ya em tok em bai kamap next prime minister blong PNG? em laik kamap prime minister blong kamap moa paul pasin? Dispela kantri em bagarap pinis na stap. Sapos kain conman olsem Yama kamap prime minister em bai fakim up kantri moa yet.

Long sumkar, mipela save pinis long kain paul pasin blong em. Em conman, stilman, etc.......... Nau em wok long paitim bros blong em raun long olgeta hap PNG na tok olsem em bai kamap Prime Minister. Sori tumas, Ombudsman Commission wetim em istap.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Also send responses to my email address