Respond to this messageReturn to Politics Board
Original Message
  • Nape's misdeeds quesioned by Basil
    • Anonymous
      Posted Mar 12, 2010 12:20 PM

Parliament funds need to be inquired into: MP

BULOLO MP Sam Basil has taken a new step in his fight for better services in the National Parliament by calling on the Prime Minister to commission a Commission of Inquiry to look into the financial management of the National Parliament.
      Mr Basil said there was huge mismanagement of funds allocated to the National Parliament since the National Alliance led government came into office in 2002. “I’m calling on the Prime Minister to set up a commission of inquiry to look into the financial management of the National Parliament as the arm of the Legislature. It must include the awarding by the Parliament in 2008 a sum of K3 million power house contract where the contract is still not completed after two years.” He said many contracts have been awarded by Speaker Jeffery Nape, where huge amounts of money have been given to contractors where the work itself is very small. “One good example is a K160,000 contract awarded towards the end of last year to an unregistered company to chop down two trees. I heard that the contract was given to a relative of the Speaker and that’s why Mr Nape paid a K160,000 for a job that could cost only K5000.” He said some unwanted spendings by the Parliament as several millions paid to two lawyers on a yearly basis, K500,000 in internet instillation that was yet to be done and K1 million to a research company.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Also send responses to my email address