Respond to this messageReturn to Politics Board
Original Message
  • MORE POLICE CHANGES - ALARM BELLS??
    • Observer
      Posted Nov 16, 2010 12:34 PM

Olgeta. I do not want to sound alarmist but further to below, does any one else see what I see? The appointment of his son (Sepik) to head up Special Services Division??????????????? My goodness I hope that this is not what I think it is................................................

Post Courier 16/11/10
      Wagambie cracks the whip

By TODAGIA KELOLA
      ACTING Police Commissioner Anthony Wagambie has announced a major reshuffle in key senior operational positions in the police force.
      And as expected Assistant Commissioner Crimes Raphael Huafolo has been replaced and put in the pool while Assistant Commissioner for Bougainville Police Services, Thomas Eluh takes over the Crimes Division.
      Director of Special Services Division Superintendent David Manning has been put in the pool while Madangs Provincial Police Commander Superintendent Anthony Wagambie Jr has been appointed to act in the post.
      Other changes also made in the transfer directive that came into effect immediately were Superintendent Joseph Tondop PPC for Chimbu to be the a/Metropolitan Superintendent, NCD, Police Station Commander Madang to be appointed a/Provincial Police Commander Madang, Chief Inspector Ben Turi from OIC CID NCD to 2IC Forensic, Gordon, Senior Inspector Mark Yangen from PSC Boroko to a/OIC CID NCD, Superintendent Andy Bawa to resume as Superintendent Operations, Chief Inspector Jim Namora Superintendent Operations NCD to PSC Boroko and Chief Inspector Kale Metropolitan Superintendent Mt Hagen to a/PPC Chimbu.
      Mr Wagambie could not be reached for comment on the changes but a senior officer when contacted, said: Unlike any other organisations, the police force is a disciplinary organisation where the Commissioner has to stamp his authority so that there is command and control in all divisions.
      It is also the prerogative of the Commissioner to make a reshuffle within the Force.
      According to the minute that was sent to all officers concerned the transfer is to prevent the uncertainty and the perception of the lack of command and control within the force after the Governments decision to change the Commissioner.
      One of the appointees Super-intendent Bawa currently suspended and charged with official corruption said with respect to the Commissioners directive, his case was exceptional because the matter was still before the courts and he wants to clear it before taking up the post.
      It is only proper that the courts handle my case before I can take up the post, Superintendent Bawa said.

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options