Respond to this messageReturn to Politics Board
Original Message
  • Constitution is supreme
    • Mangi Abelam
      Posted Dec 15, 2011 10:01 AM

With respect and we can leave the racial slurs out. Oneil is erring badly. He knows it, he knows he is going to jail and that is why he wants to seize power. He is desperate because like Mr Speight of Fiji, he could be in jail for a very long time. He is now on a road that he really cannot pull back from.

I can only hope Sir Michael sees this and offers him the deputy pms job to end the stalemate.

Our constitution states:

Sec 10 - Written Laws

All written laws (other than this Constitution) shall be read and construed subject to:
      a) in any case - this constitution;
      b) in the case of Acts of Parliament - any relevant organic laws
      etc.

(each law cannot exceed its authority, my paraphrasing)

Sec 11 - Constitution as Supreme Law

This consitution and the organic laws are the supreme laws of Papua New Guinea .... all acts whether executive, judicial or legislative that are not consistent with the constitution are invalid and inneffective.

I have shortened the actual narrative just to show the operation bits. Seriously, Oneil and his group are breaking the constitution in ways that most people have not thought of in the past. I just hope their lawyers wake up and tell them the truth.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Also send responses to my email address