<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board  

Hagen Open

January 16 2002 at 1:51 PM

Hagen Open has to be one of the most expensive seats to contest for.

Does anyone have any idea who's standing for elections?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Whizkid

Hagen Open

January 19 2002, 6:31 AM 

Only because I am involved a bit with Women in Politics I know that Theresa Timbi is standing but I don't know a lot about her.She is certainly very courageous and I did feel she had a physical presence about her.That would not mean anything but it was better than leaving no impression at all.

Respond to this message   
Stan

Re: Hagen Open

January 19 2002, 12:45 PM 

A number of people are contesting that seat.
Theresia Timbi, one of the Nui brothers among others. Paul Pora will be hard to beat though.

Respond to this message   

Who is she?

January 22 2002, 7:13 PM 

Do you have any more information about Theresia Timbi?
A woman standing for elections in Hagen! That is brave!

Who is she?

Respond to this message   
Stan

Re: Who is she?

January 23 2002, 10:28 AM 

She's a long time Hagen business woman.
Brave indeed.

Respond to this message   
Tammy

about time

April 10 2002, 1:06 PM 

I think that is brave but it's about time. Maybe she would do better job than most of these male candidates..
Tammy

Respond to this message   
well done!!

Terisa Timbi is running

January 23 2002, 1:14 PM 

Terisa Timbi, Hagen businesswoman and wife of prominent business man and PDM strongman Paul Timbi is running. Well done to her!! It takes guts to take the challenge up in the enclave of male chauvenism that is Western Highlands.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

good stuff. any other women running in the highlands?

January 23 2002, 2:04 PM 

Any other women running in the highlands?

Respond to this message   
I LOVE PNG

TIMIBI FAMILY FROM RUMBA ROT, MT KALINA WAY

January 24 2002, 11:19 AM 

Is Terisa from the Mt Kalina family along Rumba Rot, about 7 miles out of Hagen town?

If so, congratulations to her! She's done well.

Highlander men get extremely vicious where politics are concerned, so it's refreshing to see a woman get running for a place.

I really hope Terisa will lead the way in being a better politician than a lot of her male counterparts.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

No - not that Timbi family

January 24 2002, 9:06 PM 

I think you've got the Theresia's mixed up. This Theresia Timbi is from Chimbu. She married Paul Timbi who is from central Mt.Hagen. They live around the New Town area of Hagen Town.

Respond to this message   
fry

Re: No - not that Timbi family

April 10 2002, 7:52 AM 

hey is maggie timbi related to this family????

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

not maggie timbi....

May 6 2002, 11:35 AM 

if you're talking about maggie timbi as in sylvester timbi's daughter, then you've got the wrong family.

Respond to this message   
ddd

what about Lisa Timbi??

May 9 2002, 4:43 PM 

Hey what about Lisa Timbi????

Respond to this message   
Wes Kange

Good on her - but with a PDM ticket?

January 25 2002, 5:38 AM 

PDM is not in with Mt. Hagen these days.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

???????????

January 25 2002, 8:53 AM 

You're right about PDM not being 'in' in in Hagen. But from what I've witnessed it's pretty strong in WHP as a whole seeing that there are other electorates. Who knows?

From what I've heard - Terisa Timbi is not going on a PDM ticket. She's going as an Independent - I think. She is vocal on women's issues so I don't think she'll be standing for a party that doesn't particularly advocate gender equality.

This year's election will be an interesting one. Especially for the WHP. I truly wonder whether PDM will fare well as a whole.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

No more PDM baggae carriers

January 25 2002, 11:20 AM 

Good on her but PNG doesn't need any more PDM baggage carriers.

Respond to this message   
Election Observer

Info on Mrs Theresa Timbi

March 21 2002, 7:28 PM 

I know Theresa Timbi very well because all her kids we went to school together.

I am proud to see a mother like her standing in Hagen Central. This seat is renowned as the 'millionaire's' seat where candidates need lots of money to win. She is campaining without lots of money.

I believe that lot's of prominent leaders in Hagen are standing on their toes because she has the right platform and beliefs and is getting very popular in the electorate.

Unfortunately these leaders choose to be jealous of her efforts and create bad rumours because she is the first woman to be running for this seat since independence.

She is going as an independent candidate, using her own resources and this is a great thing.

If anybody wants to know more about her just place a note on the forum.

I congratulate her on taking up this great challenge to stand in a male dominated social system.

Apart from her i can't see any other Western highlands woman who is determined enough to take the challenge.

All the best....

Respond to this message   
Ice

Theresa Timbi..Great..Tell me more...

April 10 2002, 12:52 AM 

Good posting... because I see a courageous woman such as Theresa taking up the challenge in politics. I hope the women in WHP will rally their support behind her.I am interested to know how she is organisning her campaign as an independent candidate, her social and economic policies,how her presence as a candidate in the election will or have affected the sexist stereotypes held by men against woman who aspire for equality and equity in development.PNG in general is a society that perhaps have perpetuated masculinity as a norm for too long hence all men in politics, top jobs and other sphere of development while our PNG women remain at the bottom rung of employment and very few in Politics.Given this background I give my moral support to Theresa and any other women contesting National Election in PNG.

So insider please enrich me on these issues and my best wishes to Theresa and her campaign team for the Hagen Open seat

Respond to this message   
KOL PELES

Theresa

May 26 2002, 6:15 PM 

I know Teresa too, i think she will be a great memeber of parliment with her aggressiveness but why with PDM. She isn't an independent you know, behind it all is the PDM.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: No more PDM baggae carriers

June 19 2006, 9:22 PM 

Explain furether what you mean

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board