<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board  

Who is hot for the Simbu Regional Seat??

March 25 2002 at 8:53 PM
Rock 

Can you Simbus out there post some info on the latest about the candidates for the regional seat. My question is who is the favorite for the Simbu Regional Seat?

Thankyou

Erekanio
England

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
gutzy

Please, inform us....

March 29 2002, 5:06 PM 

Yeah, I would agree with you. SOme of us are dying to know the regional candidates for Simbe so please people of simbu, consider your wantoks overseas and fill this board with some news from home for the benefit of us.

gutzy

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Who is hot for the Simbu Regional Seat??

March 30 2002, 9:15 PM 

Angra, I heard Joe Bal is hot butAmbane is also working hard for his return.

Bomai gan-NZ.

Respond to this message   
Rock

Simbu Regional Seat

April 15 2002, 1:11 AM 

Hey ol Simbu !

A list of 39 candidates have been posted in both the Pngscape and Wantoks Forum Board....

Some interesting discussions are going on in the WF board.....check the 2 sites out and post your comments...

Cheers.

Gapa Nem.

Rock.

Respond to this message   
Drakes`

Final List for the Simbu Regional Seat

April 15 2002, 3:09 PM 

Dear All,

Just for your information on the 2002 election. After the closing date 39 people nominated for the Simbu Regional. And the list is as follows:

Fr. L Ambane
Warakai Daigokumulgaul
Dr. Gerad Yumane
John Simai Poai
Kobale Kale
Amos Bomai Kawale
Sipa Tony Wemin
John Nulai
Babra Nime Buckley
Joseph David Kumo
James Mini Tala
John Mua Nilkare
Andrew Kia Abraham
Joe Bal
Ps. Eric Kunde
Joe Mek Teine
Thomas Tumun
Konze K Kara
Joseph Sil
Peter Raiiss Teine
Jim Sinowai
Andrew Saki Por
Paul Degemba Gandi
Willi Umba
Noha Kool
Thomas Kensa
Mark Paul
Veronica Marme Umba
Dr. Philip Dama
Wauguo Goiye
Mark Roy Woiwa
John J Bob
John Palma Mori
Martin Mai Upa
Robert Kopan Gilmai
Wera Mori
John Kerenga Gugl
Nigge Nick Ginbogl
Camilus Dangima

Respond to this message   
Rock

A new style of leadership? or .. (Fr. Lui who is just Too Upright and Too Honest)

April 26 2002, 3:32 AM 

Hi Simbus:

I think what Simbu urgently needs is a new flamboyant, firebrand, agressive, dynamic and outspoken (CHARISMATIC) leader to emerge straight after
this election, if not in 2007.

I have not seen a single Simbu politician with the intelligence and magnetsim of the late Sir Iambakey Okuk.

My question is: Does any of the 39 regional seat candidates qualify for the criteria I mentioned above?

May be there is someone!!!!!! but I have a fair idea of the majority of the candidates for the regional seat, I am quite reluctant to place my bet on any of them.

However purely based on his honesty and integrity in office and for continuity of his current projects, I think the incumbant Fr. Lui Ambane should be returned to office.

Rock.

Respond to this message   
dodo

Simbu Regional

April 15 2002, 4:54 PM 

Joe Bal is the favourate now. He will be mastering most of the votes from the South. Gor, Gena, Kerowagi, Kundiawa, Gembogl and Yongomugl have accorded meaningfull support. Other candidates have been endorsed to distablize his chances, but the people know him better then the other candidates. He will win if all is smooth. Thomas Tumun, Fr. Ambanne and Andrew Saki Por may score some significant votes but will not master the numbers to win. Other candidates do not stand a chance.

Joe Bal is definitely the right person to take Simbu to the next step.

Comments, please.

Respond to this message   
gutsy

Why Go for Joe Bal??

April 17 2002, 5:28 PM 

Dodo, what makes you think he is the right man for Simbu? No offense but I would like some justification for it.

For me I'd go for Andrew Porr Saki. Why? Because he knows how to run the country too well than you might have known him. He has it all when it boils down to the economy of the entire country. Simbu is under the umbrella of the entire economy, which means if the country is doing well then by all means SImbu will benefit from it and so as the entire nation. We cannot just elect someone because of their past history interms of serving the people of Simbu. We must look at the big picture rather than confining ourselves to our some province. Its by time we elect knowlwdgeable people to run the country which in turn will benefit every individual rather than some greedy mouth (if you can get what I mean).

Definitely I'll vote for Andrew Saki Porr. He is the man for the province and the country. He knows it all!!

However, if you can convince me with facts to vote Joe, than by all means I will vote for him because the coutnry has suffered much and we need intelligent people who knows where the country lies tomorrow. Not just today.

cheers,

Respond to this message   
Rock

Re: Why Go for Joe Bal??

April 21 2002, 1:23 PM 

Gutsy:

You have a point there. May I ask you why you think Saki Por is the man for the country?

Can you validate your comment with some substance and integrity as an educated Simbu. I commend you for your presumptuous proposition. My view is that it is wiser not to exaggerate support for any candidate that has un-tried and un-tested knowledge, skills and experience under his/her belt.

As a Simbu myself, I am very interested to note your feedback, with due respect, may I also ask if you can report on this board the "Credentials" as you said about this individual.

Cheers.

Rock.

Respond to this message   
Enduka Ambai

I think Fr Louis is the one...

April 21 2002, 3:33 PM 

Gutsy and Dodo, I agree with Rock that you should provide reasons why you think these canditates are the ones to take Simbu to the next step?? I as a Simbu will be interested to know.

I personally think we should give Fr Louis Ambane another chance, my reason being that he has demonstrated some good plans for Simbu so we should him continue?? The projects, like the chicken factory, the upgrading of the Kundiawa market, the encouragement of rice farming around the Kondiu area, are small scale projects which are very practical. Simbu cannot have a radical change overnight, and that is mainly due to funding problems, thus we need to start small scale and that is the direction Fr Louis Ambane is taking. His common resposne when people go to his office and ask for money is, "I can't give you any money but if you need a spade and a bushknife I can buy them for you." I definitely think this is the kind of attitude we need in our politicians....making the people work their land and the politicians looking for ways of setting up markets and avenues where the people can earn money by selling their produce from their land. These markets are longterm and can sustain the people for a long time. Compare this with a politician who gives money to people, some people might put these money into good use but majority of the people go and spend it all and in the end they are back to square one, ie, the benefit and enjoyment is very short-term. Giving money to people can also make them lazy. Yumi yet save olsem moni save kamap long graun, and I think Fr Louis is trying to promote this.

This is just my contribution. Opinions are welcome.

Respond to this message   
gutsy

Why Andrew Porr Saki

April 24 2002, 8:56 PM 

Well, well..seems that you guys are really into it.that is what I like and enjoy the most.

Rock:

I am not exaggerating here. I simply gave the reasons for why I think Andrew Saki is the right man.But if I sound like am exaggurating then I beg your pardon.
And by the way, what has experience got to do with it? If he knows it, he has to be given the chance to show it. Try give him the chance to prove me wrong here.

The entire nation is suffering and we need people like him in the parliament to do somethign for the nation as a whole. We should not confine ourselves with the need of the simbu people, but the whole nation. As I have said it, Simbu is part of PNG and whatever the the country is doing will be reflected in our province, simbu. And this brings me to the comments that Ambai has said about Fr Louis. I do agree with her but we want someone who can perform both on the local and tha national level.

Fr Louis, of course, is the right man in the sense that he used the money allocated to Simbu through the national budget wisely and no misusing it. I do admire his leadership and do acknowledge his work of being a faithful servant of the government. However, he is still a baby when it comes to dealing at the international level, in terms of the country's economy. We have to think of people who are able to come up with ideas, plans and like to at least bring the economy of the country up.

Yeah..any comments?? Does this answer some questions or creationg more questions?

Sinegai mum,

Respond to this message   
Ambai

Fr Louis...

April 25 2002, 1:22 AM 

Gutsy,

You still haven't told us the reasons why you think Andrew Saki Por is the one. You've said he is the right man with great ideas and all but you haven't said why this is so. For instance, you might wanna tell us something about his educational background, his experiences, and something he has done to show that he is the kind of man you say he is.

You have said that you are happy with what Fr Louis Ambane is doing but you wouldn't support him because he is still a 'baby when it comes to dealing at the international level'. You may be right, but I think that to improve the country's economy we have to start with the basics. How do you think the economy will improve if every governor ignores their province and jumps straight to dealing with international issues....those governors, and we as proud citizens of PNG should look at our own backyards first.

For instance, one cause of the currency devaluation can be the abundance of imports over exports. For example, PNG imports a lot of rice in any one year. If we plant our own rice, we can eat our own rice and the money used for the rice import can be saved, which can be borrowed for investments, thus we have new investments, which brings new jobs, and the money is still circulating in the country. Or look at the chicken project, the money people spend to buy lampflamps (which is actually garbage from Australia!) could be used to buy those chickens, thus keeping the money in circulation in PNG. The farmers at home can look after chicken and sell them to the factory, which is a means of earning income. Fr Lui is creating jobs for the Simbu people and at the same time helping them to be self sufficient. The point I'm trying to make here is, the country's overall economy will improve if everyone starts to help themselves by being self sufficient and not relying too much on imports. By doing this they are helping themselves and at the same time the nation as a whole. We should start looking for ways in which to help the country and not relying too much on what the country should do for us.

In my opinion, Fr Louis Ambane is doing what every Governor should be doing in his province.

Thanks for reading this and your opinions are most welcome.

Respond to this message   
angra

FR LOUIS

April 25 2002, 9:20 AM 

Ambai i support you,,well from my point of view i cannot see any leader i Simbu that will do somthing like he is ding,,trying to the locals to be self reliable,,so when it comes to elections time,,,peolpe are hungry for lamb flaps thats why they are saying bull **** about him being a Governor,,therefore,, i think the poeple should look at themselves and if they want to live a better way of living,,put Fr Louis back into the office and you will see hips of changes in Simbu,,
hem tasol na hope yupla readim gut

regards
angra

Respond to this message   
Tok tasol.

Ambane has visions but...

April 25 2002, 11:35 AM 

Ambane has a lot of vision for the province but he is too slow to implement or he is easily influenced by others. Send him back to the church.He is not even fair in his decisions and services.Simbu is not only Kundiawa-Gembogl, Kerowagi or Gumine, it includes the 7 districts and I will support someone who has a heart for the whole province but not just certain parts of the province and its people.

Nil Nera Nem.

Respond to this message   
Ambai

Fr Louis...still good...

April 25 2002, 6:30 PM 

Nil Nera Nem

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion. Firstly, you say that Fr louis has some good ideas but he doesn't implement them quickly. Let's remember that when he won, there was the court, and then the by-election. That took up quite some time. Those good projects that he has been coming up with has been done in the last 2 to 2.5 years he has been the governor. Therefore I say we give him another chance and see how he goes. We can't be too judgemental on him due to the time factor.

Secondly, you say he favours the Kundiawa-Gembog, Kerowagi and Gumine people. That could also be due to the short time he has been the governor.....he didn't have enough time to extend what he is doing to the other areas. Also, I don't believe that those projects are meant to be for the people in these electorates only.....we need more time to judge him on this point. For instance, look at the market upgrading.....I heard that freezers will be installed and toilets will be built too. If freezers are installed, I'm sure vegetables could be bought in large scales to be stored in those freezers to be sold out. This benefits whole of Simbu.....regardless of where you come from, if you work hard on your land, this is an avenue to earn income. If it is not the buying in bulk, it might be made into compartments where leftover vegies can be stored at the end of the market day for the next day.....this is also beneficial of the whole Simbu people.

We Simbu people should applaud what he is doing and don't judge him too harshley......I mean, which previous politician had realistic and practical ideas like this??? Some people can be talk, talk, talk and no actions. Words can be sweet but actions speak louder than words.

I wish the Simbu people the best in the casting of their votes and I hope they choose a right leader who can lift us out of the situation we are in at the moment.

Thanks na opinions welcome.

Respond to this message   
Krumugl Nem

What an absolute "Crap"........!!!

April 26 2002, 1:34 PM 

Sinegai,

Get out of your little nutshell and come to terms with the facts before you start jumping up and down about Saki Por.

And besides, let me remind you sissy; that experience has got everything to do with proper governance, political leadership and running of Simbu Province. Where in the world did you qualify experience as being irrelevant to politics!!

Your argument is unfounded, shallow and irrational. There are other Simbus who are contesting the regional seat, that are far better qualified than yourself or Andrew Saki, academically and experience wise.

Tell us what you know about Andrew Saki. So far as everyone is concern, he is categorically unqualified in every aspect. Leadership and management are totally different from the little politics that he and everyone else plays in Kundiawa. What you and I want is someone who has real credentials that can intelligently manage and run our province.

So stop telling Simbu and this forum "Bull-****".

Can't believe that you are very ill informed with the basics!!!

So please exercise some maturity in your discussions.

Respond to this message   
gutsy

krumugl nem!!

April 26 2002, 9:02 PM 

ya, you getting your head hot ha!! Bara,have an ice beer to calm you down. And don't you get too bitchy here.

How much do you know about him (Andrew Saki)to say he has no experience? Everyone one has experience and therefore they are confident to take up the position. If you don't know his experience, I should think you better zip it up than making judgemental comments.

You too get out of your bombshell but make sure you don't harm anyone.

yeah! Andrew Porr Saki is "da Bomb".

politics, my head is aching..ooh I need a penadol, krumul nem, can you give me one?

Sinasina nogut or tok stret...
sinegai mum..rulz

Respond to this message   
Krumugl Nem

Re: krumugl nem!!

April 27 2002, 12:54 AM 

Sinegai,

Nah!! I don't need an ice beer from you or anyone else to make my point. Fundamentally, you have failed to substantiate your arguments in relation to the said candidate. You have not answered Ambai and your sineyal wantok, the Rock.

They requested you to tell the board the credentials of this candidate. To date I have noticed that none of your postings constructively addressed the "credential aspect" of this candidate.

Oh my God!!!!! you asked me how well do I know Saki Por?

As a Simbu Student in UNITECH (1995-1998), I know him as the person who was hand-picked by then first Simbu SRC President (who was from Sinesine) of UNITECH. I also am aware of the fact that Saki Por has failed to complete his business degree program in 1998, after returning from the 1997 elections. So you tell me what else you know about him!!! so far as I am concerned he has absolutely zero professional work experience and the list goes on.

I am dumbfounded to see: How would you, as an educated Simbu lady, fall prey to an un-intelligent person who has nothing to put his hand up for.

As a matter of economic prosperity and development in the Province, we the people of Simbu deserve better than your lousy candidate!!! Your support for this candidate is like telling a kindagarden kid to attend lectures at a university!!!!!!.

You can't expect somebody who has been lying rusty for the last 5 years in some village somewhere in Karamui or Kerowagi to all of a sudden represent Simbu and PNG in international forums and high powered meetings domestically and internationally.

Professionally, he is a kid, let me remind you!!!!! He will make us all a laughing stock sist. So grow up!!!! thats what I am telling you!!!!!!! grow up and see the light, gal!!!

Yeah, if you wanna panadol, go run for it.!!!!...coz I am not prepared to run around looking for panadols for very unreasonable people like you.

Post something with substance!!! traim na tingting pastaim na opim maus nabaut, sinegai.!!!!

Krumugl Nem.
(Go Rock !!! and Go Ambai!!!)

Respond to this message   
new commer

Got you facts wrong..Krumugl nem...

April 30 2002, 9:01 PM 

I am not interested in the discussions here but theres one thing that structs me in regards to what you (Krumugl nem) mentioned about Andrew. You got some facts wrong. Andrew Porr Saki did completed his degree and is currently a degree holder. So please do your reseach properly before bush firing. He is my wantok too so am not happy with the way you and gutsy carried on here. Have some respect for him. Try discuss some general political matters rather than individual candidates.

cheers..new commer

Respond to this message   
advisor

Newcomer

May 1 2002, 11:17 PM 

Bro read the top of the board. "Please make the effort to post informative and detailed postings on candidates, parties and electorates." People have to talk about candidates. The people of PNG deserve to know what the candidates who are trying to rule this country for the next five years are like....are they good guys or crooks....are they womanisers or good family people.....are they geniuses or dumbheads.....are they clean living people or alcoholics.....are they communists or capitalists.....do they want privatisation or do they not want it......do they want free education or do they not want it....do they want autonomy or do they not want it....do they love PNG or do they hate it....

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board