<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board  

Who won? Somare or Bart on Alliance Leadership

April 30 2006 at 10:13 AM
Hanua Lohia 

If somebody os on the net, could you inform what happened to the vote on the leadreship tussel between Bart and Somare? I think a vote was taken on Friday.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Re: Who won? Somare or Bart on Alliance Leadership

April 30 2006, 11:07 AM 

somare ofcourse.....if bart won..we would have already heard the news

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

April 30 2006, 12:00 PM 

The right has widened. Bart Philemon is launching his own party with like minded politicians.

Somare's stupid decision to sack Bart Philemon, prompted by his lack of knowledge and skills on the mechanics of a proper functioning economy will effectively end his politicial career on a sour note.

Respond to this message   
oro observer

April 30 2006, 4:13 PM 

The Grand Chief may be 'lapun' and may not be technically competent in some areas (e.g. matters concerningt he economy) but Bart Philemon has no doubt weakened himself by his own conduct and attitude; because of his arrogance, his I-know-it-all mentality, his lack of respect for the Chief and fellow ministers, lack of charisma and not reaching out to others, his close ties with a very few select advisors/consultants (think of him authorising corrupt susended finance secretary kambanei to pay k17 million to Paul Paraka/Paraka lawyers saying the payment is "small change"). In short, he is not prime minsiterial material and he'll continue to be a frustrated politician unless he changes his attitude and overall conduct and starts respecting others and working with them.

- oro observor

Respond to this message   
Learned Observer

April 30 2006, 9:47 PM 

Hypocrite people who say one thing and do the opposite thing have themselves only to blame for withdrawal of support and confidence.

Somare majors on REGIONALISM and cronyism. His false promises that helped him won his party's victory during the 2002 national election have hardly been delivered.

Who would you trust? A man of his word or a hypocrite?

I'd side with Bart Philemon. He has proven to be a man of his word who sees PNG as 5.6 million different precious people than treating PNG as his own family business.

Respond to this message   
Tru Tumas

May 1 2006, 6:53 AM 

Em Tru all of Chiefs cronies (1 mainly) have benefitted thru the "infamous law office of PP's". Is the Law Society checking into this office's operations.

Respond to this message   
oro observer

April 30 2006, 4:14 PM 

The Grand Chief may be 'lapun' and may not be technically competent in some areas (e.g. matters concerningt he economy) but Bart Philemon has no doubt weakened himself by his own conduct and attitude; because of his arrogance, his I-know-it-all mentality, his lack of respect for the Chief and fellow ministers, lack of charisma and not reaching out to others, his close ties with a very few select advisors/consultants (think of him authorising corrupt susended finance secretary kambanei to pay k17 million to Paul Paraka/Paraka lawyers saying the payment is "small change"). In short, he is not prime minsiterial material and he'll continue to be a frustrated politician unless he changes his attitude and overall conduct and starts respecting others and working with them.

- oro observor

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Bart or Michael, maybe Mekere or Moi possibly Anderson or Peter

April 30 2006, 8:26 PM 

I've been reading this and other threads and thinking about it. I keep wondering why there are only a few people who actually seem to be motivated to do something to help our country while at the same time there are even more people who seem to be armchair observers. The typical armchair observer is like a sports spectator. They're not participating in the sports (or politics), but merely content to sit back and comment on them. And thus we have a thread like this where people mauswara about this or that politician instead of making any move whatsoever to actually come up with some actions that can change the very system that destroys good people going into PNG politics.

It's such a shame that the energy spent on all these various musings on this or that politician can't instead be directed into something more tangible to help our nation.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Bart or Michael, maybe Mekere or Moi possibly Anderson or Peter

April 30 2006, 8:59 PM 

Bart or Michael, Mekere or Moi possibly Anderson....but which peter?? i want to know that peter. Barter, yes but he will smile when somare tell him to smile, Yama? No. Lus? No. Ipata? definately No.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

For Anonymous who has been reading threads everywhere

April 30 2006, 9:08 PM 

Thank you anonymous for your wish. To discuss issues of relevence discussing the causality of PNG polities on pngscape. Frankly, question is that of efficiency, we can do research on millions of journal on economics and better manangement and post the discussion here, but its a waste. I have found most people talk that talk and never walk the walk.

However, if PNGeans are serious on making a difference, MASALAI-TOKAUT has shown the way. If you think serious, i suggest information desemination is power. Use it wisely.

cheers
2cents tasol

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

the circle goes round and round endlessly with talk about "let's vote good politicians"

May 1 2006, 1:40 PM 

What you say is true, however, people say so many opinions about political personalities when they really don't know a thing about how that person behaves. To think that people praise the management style of MPs known to take under the table bribes. Remarkable!

We would be better off discussing what it is about our political system that pressures MPs to become corrupt rather than hope (as we do in every single election since independence that "this time" we'll elect good people. That's a real laugh, isn't it!!! I mean, what's going to be different about voting good people in the 2007 election that we haven't done in all the past elections.

Besides, everyone knows that most Papua New Guineans are happy to have their votes bought. Papa Yu Give Mi!!!!!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: the circle goes round and round endlessly with talk about "let's vote good politicians"

May 2 2006, 12:08 AM 

somare i gridi man na i wok lo pait yet lon biknem - em liklik nusnogut man.

Respond to this message   
Cheave

Re: the circle goes round and round endlessly with talk about "let's vote good politicians"

May 2 2006, 6:02 PM 

When Sir Micheal retire from politics, his son will lead the country. that's his philisophy and I dont think Bart P will take the leadership. Whether you believe me or not the reality is his son will be the next prime minister and this gonna be the PNG's history.

thanks

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

May 3 2006, 8:28 AM 

Enough of this stupid notion that Bart had everything to do with the economic turnaround in PNG.

It was not only him but the govt that should be credited to make improvements.

For most of you, you deliberate or otherwise, forgot that when the govt took office in 2002, their idea was to make things happen for PNG, and they did with corrective policy measures in place.

Bart had listened to PNG advisors, unlike his predecessors.

He is not financially savvy as many of you claim, but he took good heed of good policy advice that was provided to him, and ensured that from a policy point of view, they got implemented.

Bart will go come the next reshuffle, and mind you, PNG will still be better off without him.

The caucus has decided that Sir Michael remain as party leader and this has given him firm ground to have Bart removed from Treasury.

Guess who will be Bart's bed mate in the new political party he is going to form? It is none other than PNG's favorite Paias Wingti.

Respond to this message   
Non Alliance

May 3 2006, 2:41 PM 

How do you know Bart is going to team up with Paias Wingti? Provide some hard facts to support your CLAIM? Otherwise it is baseless and of no substance and taste.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

May 3 2006, 2:45 PM 

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of any political matchup as being for real. As long as we PNG citizens keep supporting political personalities, they'll make whatever alliances they have to make to stay in power. Get it? The goal is KEEP YOUR POWER.

But your right. Any statement with Pais Wingti's name in it lacks taste. In fact, just saying the word Paiswingti leaves a bad taste in many mouths!

And where is the grossly overweight son Nathan Wingti these days?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Overweight?

May 3 2006, 4:24 PM 

Its part of greed and corruption.

I heard mr. Wingty was sick.

He should start giving back to the people what he stole from them. Then, he will find peace before he dies.

Respond to this message   
For God, My Beloved PNG and My PM

God had a hand in PM's decisions

May 3 2006, 4:47 PM 

I am not trying to prove anything, but all I can say is:

Paias Wingti saw a window of opportunity and tried to capitalize on it—including having discussions with Kambanei and Philemon—with the view towards destabilizing NA and having a new political party formed to go into the elections.

Wingti did this with the promise of Philemon leading the new party and becoming PM after the 2007 national elections.

Wingti also had discussions with Hami Yawari, and again did the same by telling Yawari that if the two of them formed a party, Yawari could see himself as the PM after next year’s election.

With Philemon and Kambanei, he nearly succeeded in striking a discord within NA and the govt.

I am not making this up. This is how cunning Wingti is.

There are two contentious issues: one is that of power struggle within NA and the govt and the other is corruption.

Both are real threats facing the current government.

If only you knew the truth, then you would know that what Chief Sir Michael did in removing certain heads of departments and ministers, including Philemon and Kambanei, was to safeguard the interests of the country.

I am in PNG, and was at Waigani to be exact, when I saw first-hand a submission being drafted to effect departmental head changes, including that of Finance, Police and National Planning—three key departments were a corrupt syndicate is working, and where the seeds of destabilizing the government were sown.

Instances of corruption, backed by evidence by way of financial and bank statements, were provided to then respective ministers of the police and finance, but they were simply ignored.

Corruption, or ‘white-collar’ crime, is being perpetrated and supported by some of the most senior officers in the three departments. These officials have real estate in Gold Coast, and money is siphoned overseas without anyone keeping any checks and balances.

Note how Kambanei tried to take an injunction against the Public Accounts Committee from delving into the affairs of Finance Department, where he could have easily faced the committee, tell them that the reports were not ready, and then he could have walked out.

But he feared the PAC might have had more in its hands, and it was sin that clouded his eyes to reason.

I only hope that God punishes those who steal from large amounts of public money, our money, taxpayers’ money.

Many are saying Philemon will make a good PM, but I beg to defer on that.

If you know the guy, he is arrogant, self-serving, thinks he knows-it-all, a coconut, being brown on the outside but white in the inside, lacks charisma to lead.

But for now, may God continue help and guide my PM and to grant him the wisdom and knowledge to overcome the obstacles in facing those who have ulterior and evil motives and aspirations, and also to guide him through looking after my beloved PNG.

For God, my PNG and PM

Respond to this message   
Keen Observer

Liers and Cheats - Don't mention God to hide your stench

May 3 2006, 6:11 PM 

You suffering from low self-esteem?
This fabrication won't prop up your image an inch because what you just wrote is outright lie.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Who won? Somare or Bart on Alliance Leadership
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board