<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board  

Political Freedom for Enga at Last!

June 27 2006 at 1:19 PM
Anonymous 

Please allow me to express a few thoughts regarding the reign of Hon Peter Ipatas in the province of Enga and his 'unfortunate' referral which has led to him eventually stepping down as the governor of Enga. Since he was first elected in 1997, Ipatas has been a rare leader; a man of his own calibre. His approach of aggressive, vocal and vibrant leadership can be matched with the likeness of late Sir William Skate, Peter Yama, and Luther Wenge. Of all of them and the likes of which are not mentioned, Peter Ipatas has been simply outstanding. He is a man of his word, someone who delivers what he promises and a leader that has great concern for the welfare and the development of Enga Province.

Unfortunately, time has caught up with him in his dealings which were partly for the benefit of the people of Enga and mostly for himself and his close relatives and allies. Mr Ipatas has built an empire in Enga and in various featured locations around the country by pure exploitation of the Enga regional seat. Although much praise is due to him in regards to the various significant development initiatives he has taken in the province, this has not kept him busy enough to build his own empire.

It is public knowledge to the people of Enga and stakeholders of the province thereof, that the whole of the Enga Provincial Administration has been politicised; from the top executives such as the administrators down to the tea boy. The way Enga has been running since 1997 until now is that 'you are either part of the team or out'. Although such a politicised, 'modern day communist' leadership style has been very effective in getting things done for the benefit of the people of Enga, much as been directed towards securing a staple, authoritarian leadership that found more strength in promoting a 'single shepherd with excessive flocks'.

Leadership is meant to be competitive in a democratic government where the people select the best of out of the best to represent them. Under the Ipatas government, Enga has been marginalised and narrowed to a point where people have began to think that there is only one person capable of representing the province. The Ipatas government aggressively cornered up-and-coming leaders, sacked numerous excellent, long serving public servants, actively discouraged competition from businesses owned by opposing Engans, and the list goes on.

Ipatas has definitely and purposely thrown himself into the frying fan; by removing all the check-points which would have warned him of his astray. If he is found guilty of misconduct in office as per alleged, Enga will be given space to breath and political freedom will be reinstated. We will surely miss Mr Ipatas for his good works but we will find better and interesting leaders to lead us; there is always someone better than the previous, whenever and wherever there is such a need for leadership.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Funniest thing I've ever read

June 27 2006, 1:25 PM 

Good God. You equate the corrupt Peter Ipatas with a bunch of other known corrupts and you use this as evidence that he's a good leader?

I nearly wet my trousers laughing!!!!!!!!!!1

Respond to this message   
mAnGiNaTiN

Funniest thing I've ever read

June 27 2006, 4:55 PM 

Comparing Ipatas to the likes of late Skate, Wenge and Yama is spot on. They all make loud noises. Empty drums make a lot of noise. If you beat a Garamut or Kundu, because of its empty hollow, the noise can reach far and wide. Categorise the whole lot in that.

Skate rocks the world with his roken roll style of leadership, Wenge jumps at, at least anything for a court battle. Yama, makes a lot of noise. What else is there. All of them stage their campaigns through the media. They will always make sure that, what they say or do is recorded on the media, so they are seen to be doing something. They all talk crap, short-sighted politicians who dont have any long term visions. For you to categorise under this lot is a fine job.

Now, to the real issue. I agree with all the comments about Ipatas setting up his own administration, from the Adminstrator down to the tea boy. Enga is lead by only a particular district. There are educated people from all throughout Enga, but, the administrative sections of Enga is basically full of people From the Wabag District, and not much representation from Laiagam, Kadep, Ambum and Wapenamanda districts.

Ipatas has done some thing but he has stolen from the people of PNG. Yuo can not serve yourself first and serve the lef-overs to the people of Enga.

ABout the future leaders in Enga. I believe, if one particular behaviour needs to be looked at, then it is pride. Pride has killed a lot of would be good leaders. We need someone humble to lead us. We dont need someone screaming his lungs out to be heard, we need someone who can lead with vision and not much of pride in him. If only we get rid of pride, we would be better.

manginatin

Respond to this message   
Ûltange

Re: Ipatas

June 28 2006, 10:10 AM 

Its not over...Ipatas has already been found quilty of the 25 charges brought against him by the Leadership Tribunal and waiting his sentencing but its not over as far as Ipatas is concerned. Dirty Engan politics has just begun....It aint over yet....

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Guilty of 25 charges! What a laugh!

June 28 2006, 10:32 AM 

To think that people on this board were arguing with a straight face (yes, a straight face) that Peter Ipatas was God's greatest gift to Enga. A corrupt, corrupt, politician viewed as a gift!!!

Peter Ipatas' latest acheivement almost beats the all time record set by the highly corrupt Ted Diro, doesn't he?

Respond to this message   
Peter Ipatass

Now don't you go round saying ****e like that

June 28 2006, 1:56 PM 

I have friends in Enga and these friends are big tough and ready to rock and roll. So don't mess with Ipatas. You get my drift?

Respond to this message   
Apulin61

SETTING THE MATTER STRAIGHT - KKT

June 28 2006, 2:35 PM 

People what is the big issue here? Is it the issue of Peter Ipatas' misconduct? or is it because some of you ass-kissing, scary cats never had the courage and balls to stand up against Peter Ipatas during his reign? Now that he is out of the way and does not wield power anymore, you come out of your pathetic little shells to swing your lousy cheap shots at him from behind.

People like you and some of your kind - so-called Engan business man and leaders at home have literally bent down and kissed Peter's ass when he was the governor. I could name a lot of prominent Engans and many little people who feared repercussions from Peter and compromised themselves and their good principles. No wonder there was no staunch opposition in the Provincial Assembly and the few who did oppose Peter and his obvious abnormal activities found themselves walking the streets.

I am saying this because I am sick of seeing words, words and more words from people who do nothing but just talk like what I have seen here.

The only Engan who has been instrumental in the downfall of Peter Ipatas, someone who due credit must be given to, is KUNDAPEN TALYAGA. He was the only Engan who stood up against Peter and his corrupt regime. Kundapen suffered greatly as a result of that. He was ousted as the Administrator. The smart thing he did next was to provide evidence of Peters' misconduct to the Ombudsman Commission who referred Peter to the Leadership Tribunal eventually.

KKT has set the platform for Enga, now what we need to do next is to identify a better leader next election to lead Enga from there on. We must not dwell on petty things like what Peter has done and stuff. This will be sorted out by the courts and remedial actions against Peter Ipatas taken accordingly. Enga must focus on the right leaders to lead us next election. There are many out there, choose wisely.

One final note: If you or me observed something that is incorrect and unethical in our leaders, people in public offices etc..we must speak up and publicly discourage this sort of behaviour. It is not good fearing them and crawling up to kiss their ass. If we speak up we will have transparent and accountable leaders who will lead us effectively.....

APULIN TANGE DOKO!!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

The issue should be the misconduct of Peter Ipatas

June 28 2006, 4:10 PM 

The issue should be the misconduct of Peter Ipatas. Full stop.

Respond to this message   
Apulin61

Re; The issue should be the misconduct of Peter Ipatas

June 28 2006, 4:23 PM 

Bro, forget it...He is a goner, the courts will deal with him. There's no use digging up crap and eating it. Let's look forward to a new Enga with new and capable leadership...Lets, for instance, discuss the issue of who should be the next governor!

Apulin61

Respond to this message   
Gurong

Talyaga

June 28 2006, 7:31 PM 

I applaud people such as Kundapen Talyaga. Why not ask Mr Talyaga to nominate for Governor?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Re; The issue should be the misconduct of Peter Ipatas

June 28 2006, 7:38 PM 

The sad fact is that politicians KNOW that they'll never go to jail. The most they lose is a chance to keep their seat for 3-5 years.

Some punishment. What does the kid who steals a packet of biskits get when HE's caught?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: SETTING THE MATTER STRAIGHT - KKT

June 28 2006, 7:42 PM 

Apulin Tange Doko.

I totally agree with you, even John Pundari Kissed his asrse and was paid money to withdraw is election challenge, true man stand for their principles, fall with principles and die with principles.

As Bob Marley sings, Stand up for your right..

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

June 28 2006, 7:47 PM 

I agree with you completely.

Wrongdoings must be made public, however we can do it. Speak out openly, hand over the reports secretly, tell the stories anonymously, do exactly what happens in Australia, America, Germany or UK where the media often quotes anonymous sources in spilling the beans on people.

Do it! Post it! Ipatas is gone, but not only in Enga but all over PNG there are dirty dealing MPs and governors who are thinking right now that no one will ever give away their secrets!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

June 28 2006, 7:51 PM 

I think there should be a law to protect Whistle Blowers.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

October 19 2009, 11:06 AM 

Great commments and I wish you all the best.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Political Freedom for Enga at Last!

June 28 2006, 8:52 PM 

A couple have mentioned Mr. Talyanga and a few names as promising leaders for Enga. Mr. Talyanga is surely one of the most experienced Enga politicians who knows a lot more about the current situations facing Enga than anyone. The problem is, he has never been given a proper magdate to represent Enga at high political levels to make him show his color. I applaud on his contribution of evidences towards bringing due justice to the people of Enga.

Some have also mentioned John Pundari as one of the leaders of the province. As far as Enga politics is concerned and especially his electorate of Ambum/Kompiam, he doesn't exist at all. He is just another one of those sweet-talking wolf in a sheep-skin; pretending to be a devout SDA and very in-considerate and narrow-minded in perception. I personally know him and I am from Ambum/Kompiam. Pundari could have made a good leader; he was surely promising during his 1st term in parliament. I was actually amazed by his creativety and insight in bringing standard infra development to the district. However, he has been one of the self-centered, greedy,selfish and inconsiderate leaders of all times from our electorate. When he knew that he was going to lose the open seat, he went for the regional. He couldn't even challenge Ipatas with his court case.

Don Polye seems to be an outstanding leader for Enga; he carries a promising image of Enga at national politics. Although I have seen couple of negative comments about him in the papers and elsewhere, so far, he seems to be doing well but not really vocal and outstanding. I guess he handled the UPNG crising well and other issues. What Don needs to do now is to show to Enga and the rest of PNG what more insight and creative leadership talent he can bring forth. I want to see Don do something;something more unique, more original and significant that could add credibility towards is so far, seemingly successful leadership career.

Mr Brown Kapi has been one of the 'silent' Engans who is actually the master-mind behind Ipata's fall. Altough they are cousins by blood, Brown has been an outstanding man. He is one of those promising Engans also, one of the key silent players in PNG politics. I am expecting to see more of him in the near future in Engan Politics.

Any more on the list guys???

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

June 28 2006, 9:08 PM 

Not Brown Kapi , you mean Don Kapi

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

June 28 2006, 9:16 PM 

yes bro, sorry!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

June 29 2006, 10:30 AM 

No Daniel Kapi

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

June 29 2006, 10:37 AM 

kk kar, em mas em chol ya...anyways, i heard that he is wanting to go for the regional. any comments?

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board