<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board  

EHP Governor (2007) - Steven Rere

April 23 2007 at 5:29 AM
hoho 

Fellow Eastern Highlanders and country men, it is high time we talk about some potential candidates for the Governor's seat. It now time to change and not to sit back and expect changes to take its own course. Changes takes place with leadership as it plays a vitol role...

I am opting for this fellow (Steven Rere) after the elections....views from people. Kela Smith was accountable but where has the saved funds used for and on what projects in EHP.. Nothing tangible is happening but only worsening of law and order in the Province...

We need leaders with visions for EHP and the Country...If there are others, pls name them so we will try to evaluate their abilities in their respective walks of life...

Open for toktok...

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
MOKANE

Re: EHP Governor (2007) - Steven Rere

April 23 2007, 1:40 PM 

This message has been edited by 7milebeach on May 3, 2007 10:36 PM

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Kickback!

May 1 2007, 8:40 AM 

So any of you know whose house Peti Lafanama is living in? The same lawyer's house who he gave huge amounts of money to for "legal work" for EHP.

I don't know if Peti Lafanama copied Bart Philemon's trick or Bart learned the trick from Peti Lafanama.

The name of the trick is: KICKBACK!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

May 1 2007, 2:41 AM 

What is the guarantee that your Steven Rere is ready? I think em ino rere yet so rarim stap rere pastaim. Olsem mi tok, sawe stap rong yu.

Respond to this message   
hoho

Earned Leadership

May 3 2007, 8:09 AM 

Annon, have you ever really seen the fruits of your vision and woud like this to continue.. Yeah, I think so. This fello Steven Rere was a man who had vision for the Province and also for the country. He set up the EH Uni Center which benefited many Teachers (Com School) who have now upgarded to teaching in secondary schools, nurses and school leavers. I was in the school leaver category.

For someone like me, I made it to the University (pioneer) of EH Uni Center and I am proud of it. Without this extension program, bai mi stap tasol long ples ya. There were many Easterners and others who also benefited from the school. However, due to political differences and jealousy, the school was closed and is run down due to no Provincial Government backing.

Well for those of us who passed out are contributing to the nation now in our respective fields and I know Steven Rere is proud too.

He went further to establish an agriculture college but was denied because of jealousy. We have a sick political environment which can not promote human resource development and also to train people to be active participants of the EHP economy..

Yeah, Leadersip is earned and is not what people say - people are born leaders. People become leaders thru experience, intelligence, and have the ability to convince people. You can count on someone who has a vision and wants to achieve it by all means.

I am certain that Mr Rere has a vision for the Province and also PNG. He is in the likes of Bire and they will work well to promote EHP and the country.

It is time to Trust your own country man.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Question on EHP candidate

May 3 2007, 8:45 AM 

I don't buy this "jealousy excuse" about why his agriculture college (?) failed. Who kept it from succeeding (Mausmit?) and why?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

May 2 2007, 1:26 PM 

I just checked up with a friend about this fellow Rere. He has started his own school some time back, emphasising practical education and PNG traditions. He used to be a lecturer at UPNG and written a lot about melanesian ways. He was with distance education in Goroka (head of it I think) for some years.

FYI.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board