<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board  

Protest March organised in Support of DIGICEL!!!!!!!

August 2 2007 at 10:25 AM
NGO Organiser 

Listen up fellas, there's a protest march organised in show of support for the Digicel should the "Somares" deny the licence issued. It is hotly organised by the TIPNG, NGOs, the Port Morseby Archdioces, and the general grassroots.
The protest march will convine concurrently with the the coming parliament sitting. We need your support. Write placards and be there. Most of the security forces have also indicated that they be participate (of course in civilian clothings).

NGO

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Re: Protest March organised in Support of DIGICEL!!!!!!!

August 2 2007, 12:10 PM 

Great, that's the kind of spirit! I would definately join in if i were there! Time to exercise our dormant civil rights!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

August 2 2007, 12:32 PM 

Oh Just wondering WHO owns DIGICELL?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

August 2 2007, 12:43 PM 

as much as i would love to join in, i hope this protest march will take place outside of ofice hours. i'd rather continue my hard-earned money work than waste the marching for other people to benefit. digicel will not feed and educate my 4 sons. thank you. let them worry about the protesting themselves, they're the ones benefiting out of all these, right????

Respond to this message   
HUF

STRIKE ON THE STREET

August 2 2007, 12:51 PM 

Ok, That is what we have waiting for.........Competition in phone so we the simple grassroots can benefit. Price hikes and trash services rendered by Telikom so YEs STRIKE STRIKE. Anyone opposing that?

Somares think they can be Soharto or Mugabe's em ol husait. Sacrifice one day of your work for the good of this country. Definately I will be on the frontline.

HUF

Respond to this message   
Protest fan

Protest????? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 2 2007, 2:29 PM 

THis will be one hell of a time we will "show" the people's power. March to the gates of hell, men will chant the new composition be Moses Tau "Long live Digicel...", and the mothers and babes will scream the Digicel's new slogan "NAU MIPELA TOKPISIN STRET", and we will shake the gates of Hell and (sepik) tamberan, and sure it will will be interesting to see how the enthroned Chief crumbled to the dust! Guys come! Ladies come! Babes Come! Nationals and Exparts come!!! Enough is Enough!!!!!!!! and we need to audibly, physically, visibly get that registered in the minds, and hearts of those "Leprous MPs"....particularly the the Chief and the Heir to the throne. Come citizens....come and lets see where the Princess Bartha hides...

Protest fan!

Respond to this message   
Scape Nazi

Re: Protest????? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 2 2007, 3:19 PM 

yeah! all right!! let's sit back and suck each other's koks when millions are being stolen by politicians... let's sit back and suck each other's koks when women are being raped and the courts hand down "peanuts" sentences... let's sit back and suck each other's koks when a rapist gets voted into office... let's sit back and suck each other's koks when infrastructure is breaking down, hospitals are closing, and the streets are getting more and more unsafe...
BUT LET'S PROTEST THE REALLLLLLLY IMPORTANT THINGS LIKE A FLAMING PHONE COMPANY HAVING THEIR LICENSE REVOKED (and for the record, it HASN'T been revoked, Digicel WON'T be stopped from operating, they will be issued a new license that is in compliance with the new policy, you ignorant news-reading dickheads)

good to see priorities are RIGHT IN ORDER...

Respond to this message   
Digicel Officer

Could destroy Digicel for Good, Why Strike and Protest?

August 2 2007, 4:07 PM 

At Digicel we are waiting for the Government to be formed like you. Anything like that will be negative publicity for Digicel

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Could destroy Digicel for Good, Why Strike and Protest?

August 4 2007, 10:58 PM 

Digicel is waiting for the government to be formed so they know who to pay the bribe to.

I can already answer your question: Make payment to overseas account of SOMARE FAMILY.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Could destroy Digicel for Good, Why Strike and Protest?

October 19 2009, 11:37 AM 

Blessed be those who support God Digicel.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Protest????? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 4 2007, 10:55 PM 

A protest in support of a profit making company (foreign), so that they can make even more money?

Wonderful. Now if only RH Hypermart can get you blind followers to march on their behalf, the foreigners can have PNG in their bags good and proper.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

NGO movement now serving BUSINESS interests?

August 3 2007, 12:48 AM 

NGOs throughout the world steer clear of helping businesses further their profits. They should have nothing against business when it doesn't exploit people but still stay neutral from promoting any business.

If this were a protest march against Somare family conflict of interest holdings in greencom or a similar issue related to the Digicel issue, that would be fine. Instead, they're promoting an overseas company.

The poster above asked: who owns Digicel. That's a pretty important question, don't you think? Do people join the protest crowd before they educate themselves about what it is exactly, that they are supporting or protesting?

I hope the first poster has mischaracterised what the NGOs have said is the theme of the protest.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: NGO movement now serving BUSINESS interests?

August 3 2007, 8:42 AM 

If Somera wants to be a good Prime Minister for this Nation in his 40s, he must tell his stupid son, Author Somera to be quite.We PNG people wants good service that can reach all remotes areas and uncivilized villages.
enough of playing politic, now we want good service .
Whatever telecom PNG have failed for last 32 years, new digicil provided for all grassroots and tell your small boy to shut your little mouth, else your regin will be distribut.

Before I find very hard to call my family at village, but now I can stay in America and call my brother at Home.

That is kind of service we wants from existence government but they failed to do so, let new company do the business.

Washington DC.
USA

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

August 4 2007, 10:48 PM 

Old man Somare serves Arthur, not the other way around.

Thus it would be impossible to meet your request.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

August 3 2007, 8:48 AM 

If Somera wants to be a good Prime Minister for this Nation in his 40s, he must tell his stupid son, Author Somera to be quite.We PNG people wants good service that can reach all remotes areas and uncivilized villages.
enough of playing politic, now we want good service .
Whatever telecom PNG have failed for last 32 years, new digicel provided for all grassroots and tell your small boy to shut your little mouth, else your regin will be distribut.

Before I find it very hard to call my family at hoome, but now I can stay in America and call my brother at Home.

This is kind of service we wants from existence government but they failed to do so, let new digicel company do the business.

Washington DC.
USA

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

August 3 2007, 8:57 AM 

Yes, Somera, please don't .

We need service, not poltic.

Grassroots need what you failed for last 34 years.

DIGICEL COMPANY HAS DONE WHAT WE WANT.

REAL BENEFIT WE GET FROM DIGICEL COMPANY SO IF YOU HAPPEN TO STOP THEM TO OPERATE IN PNG, WE GRASSROOTS READY FOR WAR , NOT PEACE.
WE PEOPLE OF PNG WILL PROTEST AND STOP YOU TO FORM GOVERNMENT.

I NEED SERVICE.
YOU AND FAMILY ENJOYING REAL BENEFIT OF ALL THE TAXERS PAYERS WHILE REAL PEOPLE SUFFER IN THE LAND OF ABOUNDANT.

STOP STOP STOP NOW.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

MANGI LONG BUSH.

Respond to this message   
Meri lo Ples

August 3 2007, 12:25 PM 

Now I can sit in my garden and get calls, whats the Somares trying to prove, they reckon we have the bucks like them, DICICEL is coming to my grassroot level, giving TELIKOM a wake up call. They TELIKOM have been robbing the simple PNG for the last couple of years and they should be ashamed of themselves.

In other parts of the world you can even get a "free Sim Card" why have they dropped to k25.00 " you bet you will be losing alot of your clients.Iam supporting the protest march, let Telikom and its executives come up with better strategies to draw customers instead of making alot of noise. Go DIGICEL we are behind you.
Meri lo peles

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

August 4 2007, 10:46 AM 

Digicel company meet the real need of grassroots people .

Telecom steal all our money while Author Somera and Asians dump all junk and overdue product to PNG.

Check these people out of my country as soon as possible.

Chief must fight the real battle.
Digicel company is not what you will remove them from operating in PNG, you will try your best to remove Asians and stop Australians used books and junk Lamp flams.

OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK AROUND HOW PEOPLE
LIVE IN REMOTE VILLAGES.

MANGI LAS WARA
UPPER WIRU RIDDERS.

Respond to this message   
Kanaka Man

DIGICEL GIVES MONEY TO NA TO STAY IN BUSINESS

August 4 2007, 3:32 PM 

Protest long wanem yupla ol mangi long town? Come long peles na katim bus. Mobile, mobile long wanem. O les mangi.

Digicel has already made money available to Somare, Mekere and Philemon.

And now you numbskulls wanna protest.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

August 4 2007, 10:51 PM 

Isn't Digicel owned by asians? If so, so much for your argument. It has a lot of holes in it.

Respond to this message   
Biatch

August 5 2007, 7:20 AM 

You'll march in support of the Digicel Corporation but how many more women will be abused in Moresby before you lift those little feet and march in protest of THAT issue?

Yep, those are your priorities. March in support of foreign companies first and think about marching in support of something really important later.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

August 4 2007, 10:50 PM 

You don't even know who owns Digicel and you blindly support them. Whadda laugh but then again you're just like most of the blind Digicel supporters here so I guess we shouldn't pick on you alone.

Respond to this message   
Competitor

March for the right purpose

August 6 2007, 4:36 PM 

Hey, don't march for Digicel or Green Com. You have to march for competition.

Respond to this message   
Meri lo Ples

Kewa Nuku Digicel

August 7 2007, 10:28 AM 

Who cares who owns it, more importantly I can afford. Its at my level big shot.
Telikom ol stil lain

Respond to this message   

Digicel march joke???

August 7 2007, 11:09 AM 

MARCH for competition.

March against corruption.

March against violence and rape of women.

For for better quality of services.

For for price reductions.

March for truth and justice.

lotsa things to march for and you lot want to march for Digicel.

Count me out. Take your red banners and go wait outside the parliament.

Respond to this message   

REAL PROTEST

August 7 2007, 11:11 AM 

The REAL NGO`s are organising a protezt march to parliament together with students and civil society to show the government (Somare) that we have had enough!

We are asking all people who support this movement to make yourselves available at Parliament House at 7am Monday morning.

You do not have to do anything ... just your presence alone shows that you care about who forms the next government and that the MP`s know we are watching!

There is also a protest planned by the Family Violence Group against the election of convicted rapist James Yali.

So make it a fun day at Parliament House.. bring your BBQ plates, scones and cold water and spend the day there...

I think the NGO`s are putting out an Advert tomorrow around this issue...

March against Corruption!

MangiMosbi

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: REAL PROTEST

August 7 2007, 1:26 PM 

Em nau, lets move this nation. Enough of talking behind PC pixels. Lets do it. We will be paying the high price for corruption upstairs. lets pay with blood and guts, that would make us patriotic and proud of being born papua New Guineans and not African nor natives...

TrubluePNG...

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

The Somare's asked for 20% share in DIGICEL

August 7 2007, 1:38 PM 

That is why the Digitel told the Somare's to F-Off and the Father/Son enterprise of the Pukpuk Land decided to flex their powers who made the MD for both Telikom & Cellnet to talk stupids against the Digicel. Shame on you Somares. We all should march against the NA formation and tell stupids like the Enga Gov. and Jammie Gramme who threw mud against the NA and now are bowing down to The Grand Thief to be Baptised by the Nangu Juice of Corruption. Go on PNG MARCH on the 13th to show that the Somares are not the only one for PNG !!!!!!!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Get rid of Digicel

August 11 2007, 9:44 PM 

mate,,,,if you must know Digicel is here to take your money out of the country,,,,be a true Papua New Guinean,,support telikom,,,,,,our efforts should be put into Telikom improving it's services and giving us the customer value for money.

If go behind the curtains of bureaucrats,,you should be amzed to learn the Digicel is corrupt in every sense of the word.....tingting good pastaim.....

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Get rid of Digicel

August 12 2007, 7:54 PM 

can you name me just one way the bulk of the populace are benefiting from Telikon? If not i think you are part of that Somare regime. you will also be dethrowned.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Digicel will fight for its profit

August 12 2007, 8:18 PM 

Agree with Richard, we don't march regarding issues affecting us; march for Digicel is a joke.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Digicel will fight for its profit

August 12 2007, 9:31 PM 

March for Digicel No! March for Freedom. march for uprooting corruption upstairs. If Engans and Souths Politicians are teaming up with Corrupt Somare...I agree with the folks from togoba Blocking of the Highway. Let them go back to ass-tanget.!

Ol ball boi bilong nambis.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Protest March organised in Support of DIGICEL!!!!!!!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board