<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board  

Southern Highlanders' cheap praises for MPs

October 30 2007 at 8:44 AM
Watchful eyes 

For the past 6 years, I have read extremely cheap comments on the newspapers where Southern Highlanders trying their best to convince each others on whom they support as their MP and leader or whatever...

The latest ones are on Pastor whoever from Mendi (MP).

Can you guys find better ways of arranging your terms, phrases and even make it look much intellectual than what it is? Some of the comments are senseless and out of propotion - childish, I should say. It is an eyesore reading cheap comments everyday. It's your right but your rights can damage your credibilities. Not everybody but esp, to those longlongs with fake names. Stop it!

Watchful Eyes

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
puzzled

Something I've never understood about SHPs

October 30 2007, 10:05 AM 

First, I've never understood how southern highlanders can so consistently vote for one corrupt leader after another. They kick out one corrupt, then replace them with another person almost guaranteed to become corrupt.

Secondly, I don't understand how southern highlanders have allowed literally billions of kina worth of NONrenewable resource wealth disappear forever, all to benefit the economic development of other countries, while you go around Hides or Kutubu, and you see virtually nothing that came out of all those billions.

Combining 1 and 2 above, I'm even more puzzled why southern highlanders are so laid back about the permanent loss of so much opportunity for development, especially since the oil resources are nothing like what they used to be in volume. That's why chevron pissed off PNG, they took the cream and left the rest to oilsearch.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Something I've never understood about SHPs

October 30 2007, 10:53 AM 

If you live in Moresby, try and hang around the Mutual Rumana and that other building opposite Boroko Motors. All landowners will line up to collect their millions (Royalties). Literally, NOTHING goes back to the villages to benefit the people. Every toea is spent on Taxi hire, hotel room hire, prostitute hire and very interestingly, Pokies. Some stupid people I've ever seen in my entire life.

This has gone on for the last 15 years or so.

I doubt how these people will live after every resource runs out.

bemused

Respond to this message   
tears (yes)

October 30 2007, 10:58 AM 

They will become gypsies after the money runs out. What a shortsighted attitude. And you know it's not the average landowners coming to Moresby, its all the spivs and conmen of the villages that have managed to trick all their wantoks and make off with all the money on their own. Very, very VERY sad. No wonder we're called primitive peoples, we have no understanding that those who are money rich are those who use money wisely.

Respond to this message   
Mountain Mangi

October 30 2007, 1:47 PM 

All well said. I am a Souhern Highlander, but sadly, never benefited one bit from the oil spills. Royalties are enjoyed by Kutubus, Eraves, Komos, Taris and people who come from the Southeast and Western end of Murumbu. No tangible services from the governments are evident in the province, and I doubt it will ever happen while resources are fast declining. At least some of us struggled to survive through hardships and false accussations and labels as "Landowners" but rest of us will see how the true landowners survive when everything runs out. Keep firing those negative comments. We deserve them!

Mountain Mangi
Billybara
WA

Respond to this message   

Ssimple Life

October 30 2007, 2:25 PM 

Brats,

These Landownewrs are flying high now but tomorrow they will flow low ya dont worry just keep an eye. We are still surviving not because the LO"s are there but because our God is rich and is Blessing us. If we can survive today with a kaukau and vegetalbes without and oil, we feel so satisfied than those with a roasted chicken infront of him for lunch, dinner and breakfast.

Kaukau and kumu still da best ya bro, forget those LO,s and just enjoy whatever is before you with thanksgiving to God.

Thats what the rest of our people at home are like and wer should become part of them so that we are part of suffering community in which we come from.

thanks

Respond to this message   

MYOB.

February 1 2010, 5:28 PM 

Dear my brothers,
Some of you dont even know what you are really talking about. writting your crapy lunatic idea in internet is such a waste of time. can we MYOB? instead of back biting someone. You have such a smart mouth, why dont you try 2012?

by...pip2pip

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

October 30 2007, 3:31 PM 

Not all Eraves are landowners. I think the same applies to Komos, Kutubus and Taris; don't know much about them. I am from the neighbouring landowner clans villages but I touch 'nothing' not even a single toea. I sweat my guts out for my family's bread and butter everyday while the next door enjoys the royalties and equities. Only time will tell the continuity of their current life.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

October 30 2007, 4:31 PM 

If you need land royalty, you better ask Hame Yawari and he will provide everything for you.

Respond to this message   
Sister

Leave them alone - That thier Blessings

October 30 2007, 4:48 PM 

Wheather you are a LO or not I believe as long as Im happy have a shelter over me is called basics. Unfortunately I have witnessed alot of these LO 's going off one by one because of those spinoffs. Lets not talk about them thats their blessings and there is always good and bad effects to these privlegesif we misuse or mismanage these blessings.

Iam a SH but I enjoy what God blessed me with and I feel content. Southern Higlanders are good people, dont talk about them leave them alot, there are some bad ones everywhere you go also. God bless you all

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Check your newspapers

October 30 2007, 6:42 PM 

Check your newspapers, idiot.
Learn to read the news in detail and never misuse the Internet.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Check your newspapers

November 3 2007, 5:21 PM 

You are misusing the internet by talking about other people, MYOB and do somthing for your people, you are pat and partial of this too.

Respond to this message   
Yape Dupa

Oil royalty - a personnal account

November 3 2007, 9:53 PM 

I come from Erave and my clan is part beneficiary to the Gobe Oilfields. Like all other clans within the region that benefit from the oil royalties, my clan receives substantial cash couple of times a year. Unfortunately, I have not touched a bit of that money simply because of some very greedy individuals in Port Moresby stealing this money. I have heard when the money is taken, these thieves hang out at hotels or take trips to Australia, Singapore, Thailand, to name a few. I am in a well paid job and do not worry about the money they take, but the most unfortunate ones that miss out are people in the villages. Especially, when there is good number of people supporting the corrupt leaders, it is hard for the good and like minded people to come together and take the oil royalties back to the village people. As a result, there are lots in-house conflicts among themselves before the courts to determine the genuine beneficiaries. So not all LO's from the oil rich regions are enjoying the benefits, there must lots of us missing out on the royalties. There must be more than K5.00 million paid out to my clan since the project started but there is no tangible project developed by my clan and am still waiting to see one happen.

Yape Dupa

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Oil royalty - a personnal account

November 9 2007, 9:40 PM 

Kain man olsem Yape Dupa nabaut stap na ol kain rabis pasin wok long kamap;
Husat bai stretim gut rot,

Wok mani em bilong yu tasol save em yu mas usim helpim, Sapos yu haitm save bilong yu, yu save pinis ol lain long ples bai ino nap long blessim yu.

Tingting gut helpim ol long olgeta rot stap long en.

Amesi,

Respond to this message   
bottom line

November 3 2007, 5:28 PM 

All those resource developers have given literally tens of millions of kina to Southern highlands Province. It's the responsibilty of all southern highlanders to demand, pressure, and otherwise make sure that these funds are dealt with transparently. Every southern highlander should know exactly how much money has been given to SHP by OilSearch, Hides Gas, etc and where that money went. Whether or not you get any royalties.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Southern Highlanders' cheap praises for MPs

October 30 2007, 4:51 PM 

I dont know what cheap comments you are referring to can you come up with some of you "hard stuff" you just lack it Sir, you didnt do well in there?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

October 30 2007, 6:40 PM 

Mari Souths, you karim olgeta samting ya, yu istap where...? Aio Igiri bagarap ya.

Respond to this message   
Daily Watch

November 3 2007, 3:07 PM 

Examples of newspaper articles (letters to the editor);

* Brian Pebo is the right man for the job - by True Souths
* Hami Yawari chosen by God - by Real Souths Pawa
* Pastor Issac Joseph is sent by God - by Dr. Hulman, True Souths
* William Powi is a Prophet to rescue SHP - by True Amesi
* There is nobody like Anderson Agiru - by Honestly Truly Souths
* Michael Nali is chosen by God to redeem SHP - by True Naiko
* PNG cannot survive without Hami Yawari - by True Hela Landowner
* Agiru is perfectly clean as a white cloth - by Souths Power
* Hela Province will be given next week by Yawari - by True Hela Igiri

..........etc.

Check the sources by browsing through http://www.postcourier.com.pg and http://www.thenational.com.pg

Daily Watch.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

November 3 2007, 5:09 PM 

This is good work thanks for the sharing. It has been long known that some of these pollies plant letters favourable to themselves. Sadly, most PNGans can't see that, they believe everything they read!!!!!!!!!

Fact is that these SHP pollies steal money like you'd never believe.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

November 3 2007, 5:20 PM 

Everyone steals , so what I dont think the PM is left out also Good Luck Souths still the best.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

November 4 2007, 1:18 AM 

Can someone list the benefits that oil and gas has brought to the whole of Southern Highlands?

Put aside the royalties, employment and other monetary benefits.

Respond to this message   
Sister

Laikim

November 5 2007, 9:59 AM 

Go have a look, no need to see newspaper as they also tell fat lies, seeing is believing, its picking up its momentum now. We want to get opinious and they have spoil the image of my people (souths) so come see for yourself and make your judgements, if you are a Souths than just pray for our leaders so they can do the right things. Thanks God bless

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

October 19 2009, 11:18 AM 

Posts being deleted for no reason ?
October 16 2009 at 12:48 PM
No score for this postAnonymous

Obviously the moderators don't want you to know how to bypass their monitoring systems and stay anonymous.

Privacy Online

Concerns about privacy have been existing for a long time. However Internet makes them much more actual because of global distribution of data. In most cases only you decide what information about yourself to disclose but there are pieces of information you provide Internet servers with that can be available for other people without your agreement and even without your knowing. Among such data the IP address is the most critical one. This site is aimed to secure you against giving your IP address to anyone who can be interested in it (and note that there might be hackers among them).

Proxy Servers

A proxy server is a kind of buffer between your computer and the Internet resources you are accessing. They accumulate and save files that are most often requested by thousands of Internet users in a special database, called 'cache'. Therefore, proxy servers are able to increase the speed of your connection to the Internet. The cache of a proxy server may already contain information you need by the time of your request, making it possible for the proxy to deliver it immediately. The overall increase in performance may be very high. Also, proxy servers can help in cases when some owners of the Internet resources impose some restrictions on users from certain countries or geographical regions. In addition to that, among proxy servers there are so called anonymous proxy servers that hide your IP address thereby saving you from vulnerabilities concerned with it.

Anonymous Proxy Servers

Anonymous proxy servers hide your IP address and thereby prevent unauthorized access to your computer through the Internet. They do not provide anyone with your IP address and effectively hide any information about you and your reading interests. Besides that, they don't even let anyone know that you are surfing through a proxy server. Anonymous proxy servers can be used for all kinds of Web-services, such as Web-Mail (MSN Hot Mail, Yahoo mail), web-chat rooms, FTP archives, etc.

Why Should You Use Anonymous Proxy Servers?

Any web resource you access can gather personal information about you through your unique IP address - your ID in the Internet. They can monitor your reading interests, spy upon you and, according to some policies of the Internet resources, deny accessing any information you might need. You might become a target for many marketers and advertising agencies who, having information about your interests and knowing your IP address as well as your e-mail, will be able to send you regularly their spam and junk e-mails.

A web site can automatically exploit security holes in your system using not-very-complex,
ready-made, free hacking programs. Some of such programs may just hang your machine, aking you reboot it, but other, more powerful ones, can get access to the content of your hard drive or RAM. Everything a web site may need for that is only your IP address and some information about your operating system.

The Solution

Using an anonymous proxy server you don't give anybody chance to find out your IP address to use it in their own interests. There are literally hundreds of free anonymous proxies out there; here are just a few:

* ByPassIt: "A free website that you can use to bypass work, school, and other firewalls to

visit any website you want."

* Anonymouse: "This service allows you to surf the web without revealing any personal

information."

* HideAndGoSurf.com:You can choose which information you'd like stripped from the record here.

* Tor: "Using Tor can help you anonymize web browsing and publishing, instant messaging, IRC,

SSH, and other applications that use the TCP protocol."

* 250 Working Proxies: the biggest list I've ever seen of anonymous proxies.

http://www.econsultant.com/proxylist/index.html

TOR info October 16 2009, 8:13 PM

Check their web site

http://www.torproject.org/

The Chinese have recently started to try and block Tor servoces from running on PCs inside China - so that tells you it's pretty effective.

Here's some info -

Tor: anonymity online

Tor is free software and an open network that helps you defend against a form of network surveillance that threatens personal freedom and privacy, confidential business activities and relationships, and state security known as traffic analysis.

Tor protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, and it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location. Tor works with many of your existing applications, including web browsers, instant messaging clients, remote login, and other applications based on the TCP protocol.

Hundreds of thousands of people around the world use Tor for a wide variety of reasons: journalists and bloggers, human rights workers, law enforcement officers, soldiers, corporations, citizens of repressive regimes, and just ordinary citizens. See the Who Uses Tor? page for examples of typical Tor users. See the overview page for a more detailed explanation of what Tor does, and why this diversity of users is important.

Tor doesn't magically encrypt all of your Internet activities, though. You should understand what Tor does and does not do for you.

Tor's security improves as its user base grows and as more people volunteer to run relays. (It isn't nearly as hard to set up as you might think, and can significantly enhance your own security.) If running a relay isn't for you, we need help with many other aspects of the project, and we need funds to continue making the Tor network faster and easier to use while maintaining good security.

Tor is a registered 501(c)(3) U.S. non-profit whose mission is to allow you to protect your Internet traffic from analysis. Please make a tax-deductible donation.

Respond to this message   
Ruma

Greedy Resource Owners

November 5 2007, 1:37 PM 

I am proud that I m a Southern Highlander and one of those elites who have come through hardships in finding school fees.

I have Applied several times when I was in Secondary School and Uni for a sponshorship from one of those resource developers...but all was in vain.

They asked me what clan/group I belong...well Im not from any of those areas, to be honest I told them. I was not eligible.

The resource developer that time told me that only the LO kids from those resource areas can benefit as per their agreement. The resource owners excluded rest of their other southern highlands kids from accessing that huge reserves of money...what a greedy people...

I have never seen any Kutubu's, Gobe's and other resource Landowner's kid's at UPNG, Unitech, DWU, PAU and other colleages...I wonder were they go for studies...otherwise after the oil runs out, you guys will go back for sack sack...

Look at New Islanders and Engans...though Gold is located in Lhir and Porgera only rest of the students in the Province benefit...

OH....GREEDY GREEDY...KUTUBU's....GOBE'S....HIDE's...
wake up and share your blessings with rest of the SHP people.

Elite

Respond to this message   
Kolex

Re: Greedy Resource Owners

November 5 2007, 4:00 PM 

Ruma, you are somewhat spot on with your honest comments.

I am from the neighbouring resources boom district and yeah not to personalize the fortunate LO's rights in their magnitude of embracing the benefits.

The rest of the souths's non LO districts should benefit from the share of equity paid into provincial government coffer by the resources developers. It is therfore up to the provincial govenment hierarchy to appropriate that funds to non LO's districts so that atleast we benefit as a southern highlanders too.

In regards to subsidizing education and employment by the resource developers, first priority to landownders then to the rest of souths and png. The landowner elites who were in the plan drawing table may have short sighted to give second and 3rd preference to other non LO districts of souths for subsidizing education & employment in the first instance.

Now the so called LO's are fighting over the leadership role within their respective in house affairs and going so wild in the spending spree. Bunch of these LOs are indebted to other prosperous individuals and organisations.

Landowners know how to spend money and donno how to make money so just stay put in our own area until the time will tell.

pangs

Respond to this message   
Engan Observer

November 5 2007, 9:40 PM 

Rema is quite on spot. I am from Enga but I am no way near the Porgera Gold mine. I am from Kandep District (shares border with Souths). I rarely go to Porgera mine as it is quite expensive from my home. I made my way to UPNG and upon acceptance into a program at UPNG, I requested for school fee assistance from the Community Relations Office at PJV. Although my governor was paying for my tuition fees, PJV through its Community Scheme, assisted me with K500-00...just for my soap and biro.

During my second year, PJV supported again when I wrote to them explaining of my circumstances and they supported. I wrote to the Sponsorship officer and to my suprise, I was offered a Sponship package. I was over the moon with the benefits that came together with the sponsorship. I even got the K500-00 extra bucks from Community Affairs and Sponorship is coordinated by another division at PJV.

The point I am trying to make is, everyone in the resource rich provinces should share the wealth. The LO will get their royalty payments and other benefits. At least everyone got something out from the resources is fair enough.

I see Oil Search is a joke is distributing small support throughout SHP.

Cheers

Respond to this message   
Kange

Souths will be big loosers

November 5 2007, 10:42 PM 

Lots of and lots of cash have been pumped into the two provinces and yet the poor people suffer..i see most of the people comming to hagen and working in low-paid jobs, especially in the tea and coffee plantations.
The Land Owners and the so-called politicians run around in their flash cars with their concubines and mistreeses, Gof knows how-many they have...
Why is it that you people vote idiots in instead of some credible leader... I for one have seen Mr Peter Ipatas as the shining light...not only has be paid the fees for all the Engans but also for the other highlands students as well.... I've seen some tangible developments in Enga but m yet to see some in the resource-rish SHP.

If things go this way, in the long run, the people of SHP will be loosers...

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Souths will be big loosers

November 5 2007, 11:43 PM 

Buddy, you are a total disgrace to us real Hageners. We don't attack our Souths brothers like this. If you a Hagener, don't use the name Kange but I hope this is not another Engan or somebody else using the name Kange. You are a moron and an idiot using the name and bringing shame to us. Moreover, you need English lessons. hul yu!

Manem Kemb o no

Respond to this message   
naiks!

November 6 2007, 12:01 AM 

Kange, I take no offense in what you have said.

These are facts, I sometime travel in Hagen and see alot of Southern Highlanders in all the plantations and wondering around in Hagen.

It is like there is not much happening back home so they are looking for ways to make ends meet.

Even Mendi these days is a ghost town which only springs to life when the few public servants come out for their 4 hours lunch break.

There is no development, nothing! is happening. So many ground breaking ceremonies and so little happening on the ground.
Southern Highlands enjoys the second largest slice of cake after NCD from Waigani but I still wonder to this day where all the monies have gone to.

God help us!!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

November 6 2007, 9:48 PM 

Why is that there is no single Unity in all the MPs for Southern Highlands? Never have I seen a group of 3 or 4 SH members working in unity for development. All they like is to run to the media to criticize each other and that has gone on for the past 30 years.

People are becoming innocent victims of such deprivation which cause them to flee to other provinces in search of better life, education, security, etc.

For instance, imagine Southern Highlanders attending most remote schools in Biala in WNBP, I've seen many at Iarowari and Kwikila in Central Prov, and even Kitip Secondary in WHP. Most are too good, even in Sports too.

Also, the Mendi Rugby team calling Mandang as their home-ground was a sad fact. It didn't go well with me. People are forced to make decisions against their will and that is a result of leaders being irresponsible and incompetent.

May God bless SHP.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

November 8 2007, 12:41 PM 

Did you readl another article in the papers today?
One says "Anderson Aigiru is the answer to the prayers of the people of SHP"

What a load of cheap crap keep coming from that end!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

November 8 2007, 12:59 PM 

You are dreaming I hope your dream come tru, because Souths is going, catch mulai

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

November 8 2007, 2:47 PM 

whoever says anderson agiru is an answer to prayer is a blunt idiot!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

A Little bit of Sacrifice and Perseverence

November 8 2007, 4:10 PM 

Thanks for the comments. I also applied for sponsorship in school fees from companies in Kutubu, Moro, Moran, Gobe, etc but to no success. Three of us from my family were going to high school at the same time and my parents really struggled, while being subsistance farmers, to find school fees. My other two brothers decided to leave school just to save enough money for me to continue. That was a sacrifice they made for one to keeping going. I did it to university and completed my degree (to work in the petroleum/mining industry). I asked for employment from the same companies in SHP after completing school but they declined again. They said employment was reserved for LO kids. I doubt how many LOs went to tertiary schools and ended up in jobs with them. I struggled again to find employment. My parents were now old and dying without enjoying any fruit of their labour. I finaly go a lowly paid job, but sadly my father died within the first year of being employed.

Wherever I went I was labelled as an "LO", and people from other provinces looked at me as a direct beneficiary of the petroleum projects in SHP. I moved on and now I am working abroad earning about K11,000 a fortnight (in Kina terms). And I owe it to my parents and brothers who decided to sacrifice for me, and not from a petroleum company who has human resources at heart while depleting our resources.

So, goodluck to you other Souths, scapers and LOs. Note that life is roses as well as thorns. Forget about free handouts and the LO's millions. Do what you are doing to the best of your abilities, and you will get there one day.

Mountain Mangi
Billybara
WA

Respond to this message   
Kolex

Re: A Little bit of Sacrifice and Perseverence

November 9 2007, 8:12 AM 

The developers were highly sophisticated and technically wealthy that shallow minded so called educated landowner elites were selling their primitive landowners' arses by signing on the instruments called MoA & MoU without fully understanding the nature therein. They even did not know how to interpret the single technical words that later became damaging weapon in the event of pursuing agreements review for whatever reasons. The realization striked them too late that by now their saksak belly swelled to bigman status belly, forget about the poor and weak ones back home. Believe me that poverty still persists in most of these landowner villages and at times they beg me for money. Most of the LO's work force on project sites comprised of poorly educated landowners who are bunch of hypocrites.

Now the resources developers are in full swing with considerable portion of benefits and the LO's can feed on the crabs and continue to live in poverty with borrowed money.

pangs

Respond to this message   
Sons of Andrew Adaza

LET AGIRU- YOU WILL EAT YOUR WORDS

November 9 2007, 9:19 AM 

Agiru has not completed a term of parliament yet so do not jump into conclusions. Within two years there were signs of new infrastructure in the last term before A. Yawari started bribing court offcials and sucessfully ousting him..

The Mad ones are gone, be patient, Agiru will deliver.. he is better that whoever you are making comments.. you never know him personally to make comments..

2012 is the next election, challenge Agiru that time.. Long live Agiru. Governor of Southern Highlands..

Nogut tu Son of South (SOS).

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: LET AGIRU- YOU WILL EAT YOUR WORDS

November 9 2007, 2:02 PM 

these sort of very shallow comments by damn sonns of andrew...i hate to c

Respond to this message   
mendi valley

Anderson is the Man of Power

November 11 2007, 4:04 PM 

To tell every politicians in the province (Southern Highlands)Anderson is the real son of Souths.Put your political affairs aside and support Mr. Agiru to deliver the service we have been crying for. Give hands to him and praise him. he is the man people of southern highlands have been waiting for..

Respond to this message   

Look at both sides of the coin

November 11 2007, 7:19 PM 

Mr Aigiru is a very compassionate man, you wanna know why I say this? I saw him at a haus karai crying his heart out for a very little man (Late Ben Mendepo). The funny thing is that he just got introduced to the deceased just for a few months but he really treasured it and showed his sympathy and love for the deceased. Every men has both bad and good sides so when you commenting, look at both sides of the coin.

2zs

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Look at both sides of the coin

November 12 2007, 8:42 AM 

hey mate you never know....you gotta drop your tears for lowly known soul to attract votes!

it does not matter compessionate nor uncompessionate...what we wanna see is the honest leader with tangible developments strategies in our province!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Long live the Governor!

November 12 2007, 10:02 AM 

Guys the election is over, the declared winner is Anderson Agiru, like it or not he is the Governor... so if you are in a good frame of mind ....... hail your Governor..

Long Live the Governor, Long live Anderson Agiru..

Bring some tangible ideas to discuss and what you want Anderson to do in SHP, if he has not planned it yet.
I am definately sure Anderson or his close aids maybe scaping at this board and will be willing to pick up your ideas..

I agree with the Son of Andrew Andaza above, it was the this late leader who brought development to Mendi and rest of SHP during his term as Premier. "Kolta istap yet todei" so it is the Huli leaders of the province bring about changes..

The rest you have judged yourself..

I'm a voter for leaders who are educated, who has the vision, who has the stratergy and knows were to get funds to develop his electorate or the province..

In my very own observation the following leaders of SHP will deliver;

Governor A. Agiru (SHP) and Peter O'neil, the others are yet to proof their quality.

We have seen some first timers, who were yoyos in parliament and lost the current election. We send some new ones but time will tell.

Murumbu Rutz..

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Southern Highlands' Cheap Praises.

November 12 2007, 5:46 PM 

Southern Highlands' Cheap Praises.

Examples of newspaper articles (letters to the editor);

* Brian Pebo is the right man for the job - by True Souths
* Hami Yawari chosen by God - by Real Souths Pawa
* Pastor Issac Joseph is sent by God - by Dr. Hulman, True Souths
* William Powi is a Prophet to rescue SHP - by True Amesi
* There is nobody like Anderson Agiru - by Honestly Truly Souths
* Michael Nali is chosen by God to redeem SHP - by True Naiko
* PNG cannot survive without Hami Yawari - by True Hela Landowner
* Agiru is perfectly clean as a white cloth - by Souths Power
* Hela Province will be given next week by Yawari - by True Hela Igiri

..........etc.

Check the sources by browsing through http://www.postcourier.com.pg and http://www.thenational.com.pg

Daily Watch.

Respond to this message   
apsi karinz

November 12 2007, 6:05 PM 

2zs, mind your words. late ben mendepo passed away the election.and thats true that Ancerson came like simple man and humble himself.2zs, you try and challenge him in 2012. no one cried over votes mate you mind your words.

Respond to this message   
Border Girl

November 14 2007, 9:00 PM 

Hi ol Souths, Too much has been said about Anderson Agiru..Is he Married?

Kind of interested....

Border Girl

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

November 14 2007, 10:43 PM 

Border Girl, traim mipla ya, Anderson maski em old timer ya....clutch!!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

November 16 2007, 2:14 PM 

hahahaha. i've seen souths gals going for old pollies. hilariou!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

November 18 2007, 11:48 AM 

well, the young ones can't provide us with what we need, you know...

but hey, don't worry, we'll get the money from them and come looking for you young ones so we can have good time..he..he..he

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

November 18 2007, 5:38 PM 

ummmmm. sluts aren't needed except for a blowjob.

teen boi

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

November 19 2007, 10:15 AM 

ALL BUNCH OF CHEAP IDIOTS !

Respond to this message   

Look at both sides of the coin

November 28 2007, 7:33 AM 

Apsi Karinz, I wonder if you understand English, I didn't write anything about Election in there, for your information late Ben Mendepo passed away after the election. It was well after Mr Aigiru was declared the Governor.
I was trying to saying that Mr Aigiru was infact a compassionate man, meaning that he geniunley cried for a good friend and not for votes. Mate, you need to be thinking more logically than just a ples type. Kain bilong yupela ol karinz ya, yupela save go backwards na twist trupela tok igo narapela kain. Anyhow, yupela ol karinz yupela less lon Hami ha...

Respond to this message   
Kolex

FOR THE PEOPLE OF PAPUA NEW GUINEA TO KNOW

November 28 2007, 8:17 AM 

Hey souths & others, stop your in house arguments and look broader and beyond to the imminent reality.

FOR THE PEOPLE OF PAPUA NEW GUINEA TO KNOW

PNG people should be concerned about Somare's latest moves to turn the
business interests of PNG into Somare Inc.IPBC controls all of the PNG government's interests including its 18% ownership of Oilsearch. IPBC has now been put under the supervision of Arthur Somare even though Michael Somare is the caretaker Minister for that portfolio.

Somare has now appointed Glen Blake to IPBC Board and appointed Sana
Somare, his eldest son, to PNG Power Board.

Glen Blake is the Managing Director of the Somare family companies
Damai Investments and SBA Constructions Ltd.

Sana Somare is the Managing Director of SBA Construction, a small
contractor company in Wewak.

Sanaand Glen Blake are directors on the boards of these two companies
with all the other somare children.

SBA stands for Sana, Bertha and Arthur construction.

By appointing Blake and Sanato the different boards of the statutory
enterprises and IPBC under control of Arthur, Somare is turning IPBC
and PNG Government's business interests into "Somare Inc."

source: from someone very concerned

Sana Somare is also on the Telikom Board.
Pacom partly owns B Mobile, Pacom is owned by Simon Kaiwi the President

of National AllianceParty (NA).
No wonder there is a lot of fuss about Digicel in PNG; these greedy
people will go out of business thru fair & square competition, so they
cannot rough it up with the big boys in this industry!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: FOR THE PEOPLE OF PAPUA NEW GUINEA TO KNOW

November 28 2007, 8:43 AM 

People being in charge of businesses don't mean they own the businesses. How does this allow the Somare family to steal?

Respond to this message   
cannot move even one milimeter

Re: FOR THE PEOPLE OF PAPUA NEW GUINEA TO KNOW

November 28 2007, 9:48 AM 

We're already concerned but that doesn't mean any of us will do anything about it. All of us has the total paralysis disease.

Respond to this message   
SOS

TALK ABOUT SHP IN HERE

November 28 2007, 10:57 AM 

Lets not bring what is not directly related to Southern Highlands...

Leave Somare out there. Contribute ideas, discuss or critical of issues and development in SHP.

What is you Member doing, How are Public sevents performing, What projects are viable to your district...

.e. can we grow rice in Mongol swamp. Apple in Nipa, manufacture or process betel nut..

To long buai... na mi misim buai ya.. maski..

Souths..

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Yawari chosen by god

January 13 2008, 8:01 PM 

Honest to god, Hami Nipa Yawari is chosen by god and is a born leader.

He has a vision for SHP. He is a Jews blood, a rare species and has supernational leadership powers.

Long-live Hami for 2012

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Yawari chosen by god

January 14 2008, 10:29 AM 

Honest to god, Hami Nipa Yawari is chosen by god and is a born leader.

He has a vision for SHP. He is a Jews blood, a rare species and has supernational leadership powers.

Long-live Hami for 2012

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Yawari chosen by god

March 14 2008, 5:54 AM 

Very Cheap comment, fits him well

Respond to this message   
skay

March 13 2008, 3:18 PM 

kolex i know u very well; we've been together for two yearsand you are my close friend.

Respond to this message   
ondolwa

unbelieveable

March 13 2008, 3:29 PM 

HI NONGOS AND NAIKOS I WAS SUPPRISE TO SEE OUR MEMBER AND PASTORS VEHICLE (BLACK TEN SEATER)PARKED AT A NIGHT CLUB.WHATS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respond to this message   
Anon

Give up a;ready!!

March 13 2008, 3:37 PM 

OL TOKIM YU LONG RAUN RAUN LON NITE CLUB NA CHEKIM OL KARR BLO MPs AH???? Shame on you. Gees trailpla dark tu na ating eye blo mas op stret ya!

Respond to this message   
Apsie

Ge-nonpi

March 14 2008, 5:57 AM 

yu mas wari turu ya, traim em 2012

Respond to this message   
ANOLI

Re: unbelieveable

March 14 2008, 12:27 PM 

PAIMIN PEKPEK RAUNRAUN NA SPYIM KAR O WANEM. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND TRY HIM IN 2012

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: unbelieveable

April 16 2008, 6:08 PM 

so what em no ba go lo night club to ah?

Respond to this message   

Triam em 2012

February 1 2010, 5:47 PM 

Hey my friend,
you have such a pretty mouth, he is a leader of all people, weather good or bad, alcholic or party goers, I prefer may be he didnt give you gate fees na you tok ah? shame on you, you small boy triam em lo 2012, you man too ya nogut you kisim heavy nathing. next time dont be a body guard of someone else car, coze you will never get pay. triam em 2012.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

January 14 2008, 11:38 AM 

They're only sharing their blessings with the white people and their foreign oil ompanies.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

January 23 2008, 4:32 AM 

em tru hia

Respond to this message   
KC

March 16 2008, 10:14 PM 

Well I think the landowners are getting what is due to them and is for sure a blessing undesputed therefore i think we shouldn't be grumbling about this. If this oil project never existed the people of the oil infested area as we know now would have been known as one of the lost worlds or last frontiers in this day and era.

Also another thing all SHP should know is that what the LOs are benefiting from is the last of the down processing of the oil revenue that the project produces. Most of the revenue is taken by the government (70%) to support the country's economy while the provincial government is responsible for 30% of the revenue. Than from the 30% that the Pgov takes another 30% is broken down and given to local land owners for the damages and things done to their customary land.

I dont know if you might have heard but when Mr. Hammy Yawari was in power he even went to the extrem to confront the prime minister Somare for the oil revenues that the project was producing. He wanted that the 70% that was given to the National government to be given to the provincial goverment and Somare desregarded his petision saying that he was trying to bring another natinal matter like that of the Bougenvill and was very dangerous to the country.

Another measure of how much our province can make and how much it could sapport the province was shown by Hammi Yawari. If you can still remember there was free education for five consegetive years with rations to stationarry all cattered for. And not to forget the free handouts of cash here and there allover the province not to say that this was good but this is how big our provincial government could sapport us. Looking at Andersons past governorship every project and major development that was done in the province was done by tax credit schem and what about all this revenue and the natinal governmnt budget that the province was having?

Well Hammy's reign was short lived because of his selfish and greedy advisors from Nipa. He was the right man a simple man intelectually and a person who would do what ever job when people are satisfied and accepting him accept for all those corn man. And also he did got sidetracked and lost site of his ambitions and goals. One ohter thing about him is that he is often sikded up when people praise him and thats when he does things without thinknig, things like his cash flow spree and self boasting. Yet he was the best man for the job only if there were honest advisors behinde him.

And thakyou for listening and you have the freedome to comment cause SHP need free mimded people who could think for themselves logically and constructively.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

April 15 2008, 2:47 PM 

SHP is a dispised and abandoned province with NO sustainable plan for its future. I have pity.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

April 15 2008, 3:45 PM 

Oh KC,

Congratulations to you for trying your very best to say something here. However, couldn't get it because of your grammar and some kind of unfamiliar words such as 'sikded'.

Good Try!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

April 15 2008, 5:09 PM 

Ohhhhhh KC,

Some good points here, but please write them in proper english. Raitim long tok ples bilong mitupela or Pidgin bai inap.

Hehahahahaha

Respond to this message   
SOS

OL NARAPELA MP BILONG SOUTHS WE?

April 16 2008, 11:26 AM 

Mendi MP pastor IJ and SH MP AA are much talked about here. What about Ialibu Pangia, Kagua Erave, Tari Pori, Komo Margarima, Imbongu and Koroba Kopiago?

In my opinion, Peter O'neal is the best, a drunkard and womaniser for Kagua-Erave, business minded fro Imbongu, what aboput the rest.

Nipa Kutubu has the recyled MP, what good has he done for the Nipa Kutubu people when he was 15 years in Parliament.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

April 18 2008, 3:04 PM 

This all started with cheap comments, compliments, etc by Southern Highlanders in our local media.

The Southern highlanders have to bear in mind that your opinions expressed can be either accepted or rejected out-right by anyone. You don't have to go over-board in expressing yourself. Keep your thoughts to yourself, and stop exposing your weaknesses to all pngeans

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

April 21 2008, 2:53 PM 

Anon.. you idiot.

I am not showing my weakness to all PNGians. I am showing the weakness of your MPS to all PNGians. They are also leaders of the Parliament who will make disions for the nation.

You send corrupt peopl to represent you into parliament, it does only potray the people of the Electorate but the nation as well.

Politicians are there to recieve good and bad comments from the general public.

Don't live in the primitive world your ancestors lived. We are trying to practice freedom of speech in democrazy.

There is nothing called cheap or expensive comment. Comments are views..

You go any more?????????

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: OL NARAPELA MP BILONG SOUTHS WE?

April 21 2008, 2:22 PM 

SOS, Peter O'neil is abig time thief. How is he the best? Your opinion is plain crap so just shut up.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

April 21 2008, 2:47 PM 

Ali Bahbah and Robin Hood were thieves but they did great for their people.

O' neil is doing something for his peopl, compared to other SH MPs.

Comment in here is open to any person who wish to say or comment. If you do like it, you better ignore and do something else.

Political forum, people say all sorts of things..

I'm not from Pangia but can notice the difference. Other MPs in the province should do something.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

April 21 2008, 9:51 PM 

I think that's where the problems are .... to steal.

Respond to this message   
Wan kunai

personal interest comes first.

February 2 2010, 7:06 AM 

My pockets first you people will feed on scraps thats the common trend in png political arena. comeon wantoks just do the right thing by removing this old farts.Most of them have very little brains and have done nothing give some others who have vision to develope our provinces and country.
Im sure we all have had guts full of this rubbish thats been going on for decades.
Where is the proper health and education systems this politicans have failed our people get rid of the idiots.

Wan kunai

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Southern Highlanders' cheap praises for MPs
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board