<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board  

BULOLO MP - HON SAM BASIL

October 2 2008 at 4:35 PM
Anonymous 

For those of you from Bulolo Open, Morobe Province. What do you think about the current MP?

I think he is one of the best Member Bulolo Open has ever had.

Others who would like to comment are also welcome.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
ANON 12345

Re: BULOLO MP - HON SAM BASIL

October 6 2008, 3:48 PM 

mi no blo Bulolo. Mi no bilong Morobe tu...TASOL SAM BASIL EM BEST YAH!!!

Respond to this message   
Anoymous

TRU BORN LEADER!

October 7 2008, 8:51 PM 

i CAN ONLY SAY THIS: TRU BORN LEADER NAD POTENTIAL PRIME MINISTER CANDIDATE!

Respond to this message   
Anoymous

TRU BORN LEADER!

October 7 2008, 8:51 PM 

i CAN ONLY SAY THIS: TRU BORN LEADER AND POTENTIAL PRIME MINISTER CANDIDATE!

Respond to this message   
In the know...

Timothy Tala MP was was coined "The man who was born to lead".

October 8 2008, 2:45 AM 

All,

I've no idea how genuine the posting was, but, if we're not careful, history somehow, somewhere reveals its ugly head all teh time!

Care to pinch your brain cless and recall Barnabas Orere's article "Timothy Tala - The man who was born to lead" (PC 10 Feb 2004)?

In that interview, Tala said many things, among them, promising development initiatives for the Imbonggu people. Here are selected excerpts;

• "From birth, I was destined to be a leader. I dreamed of becoming a leader. I enjoy nothing more than being a leader."

• “I am 30 years old; I am a young man. I want to be a leader and stay in Parliament as long as I can...as long as the people want me in here, I shall be their leader.”

• “I am thinking of a bank for Imbonggu'u; a savings and loan society, because commercial banks are no longer suitable for rural people".

• “I will also set up an association that will empower Imbonggu'u people to tap the initiatives I deliver".

Noble words indeed. Today, not one of these rhetorics was achieved as an MP for Imbonggu! Today, he's totally engaged in bedroom politics; solving problems of his numerous wives and concubines!

Point is: Don't be too early to pass judgment on the performances of Hon. Sam Basil. 5-year tenure as an MP is a way too long in politics! Be still, and wait...

In the know....
07 octobre 2008

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

RESPONSE TO THE KNOW

October 8 2008, 12:41 PM 

If you follow Sam Basil well you would know. HE IS AN ACTION MAN. HE DOSEN'T PREACH OR WASTING TIME TELLING REPORTERS WHAT HE WISH TO SEE HAPPENING IN HIS ELECTORATE IN THE NEXT FIVE YEARS.

He has done alot for his electorate in a short while since voted in. Yesterday (8/10/2008) in Sambio village in Bulolo District he launched 3 ambulance for 3 sub health centre and another addition of a bulldozer for the Bulolo District Rural Road Maintenance Programme.

There are other various projects which have been launched already. Search in the daily newspapers archives (PC & National)

Have witnessed it.

Respond to this message   
MO

MP SAM BASIL, is still the best!

October 8 2008, 4:56 PM 

We wish all our MPs were all like MP Basil. The country will truly go...

I am a professional in NCD, and must congratulate the people of Wau, Bulolo, Mumeng and the surrounds as your choice as one of the best Sons of the Country. Congratulations.

I have no voting rights but this MP is no mistake....

MO

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: MP SAM BASIL, is still the best!

October 18 2008, 7:54 AM 

I have stumbled across some Bulolo's project highlights in this blog. just log on to access,

http://malumnalu.blogspot.com/

Respond to this message   
Lae Boy

Re: MP SAM BASIL, is still the best!

October 18 2008, 9:24 PM 

Is it the mining boom or his doing? Somebody is doing a good PR job for him.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

SAM BASIL IS THE BEST SO FAR

October 20 2008, 3:39 PM 

The mining boom can be attributed to the former MP, John Muingnepe. He was instrumental in attracting Harmony Gold of South Africa to come and develop Hidden Valley and Hamata gold project.

Anyway, Mining boom is not the issue here.

The main issue here is that the current MP is really setting pace by delivering services to his people in Bulolo Open Electorate by using those funds made available to him by the National Government.

No empty promises and courting of media to detail his vision for his electorate. He delivers and invites the media to publish it. That's the type of MP PNG really needs!!!.

Sam Basil your still the best so far. I hope you'll rock Governor Wenge to start thinking seriously and critically to get rid of the "Pothole City Tag" off from Morobe's Provincial capital Lae.

Pothole Dweller

Respond to this message   
ronnie

mining a disaster

October 22 2008, 2:05 AM 

mining boom will give people quick money which will be quickly wasted. then people end up with no money and destroyed land. how is that an improvement or even a real development? this is what has happened everywhere else in png.mining ends up destroying peoples lives how much more proof do you need other than panguna, ok tedi, pogera, etc? theres no development to show in any of those places. only politicians and local con men end up profiting from mining.

Look first at the evidence before yu mouth off about how wonderful mining is for us.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Is Sam Basil another people destroyer?

August 24 2009, 12:48 PM 

Whoever brought the mining boom to Morobe should be charged, prosecuted, convicted and hanged for destroying the water supplies of local people in the Watut area. This has been in the papers again and again already. Who was responsible for it? Obviously some self serving MP.

KILL THE BASTARD WHO BROUGHT IN THE MINE!!!!!

Is Sam Basil continuing this nonsense of destroying average people's lives and well being so that the government can get mining tax and a few local kon lida can make off with royalty money and spend it in the top POM hotels?

I don't know for a fact whether this Sam Basil is good or bad but cmon people. When will it get thru your thick skulls that MPs usually get elected because they're either expert at stealing votes or they do a good PR game to make themselves more important sounding than they actually are.

Respond to this message   
Pisai Gumar

Sam basil

June 6 2009, 1:09 AM 

As trained journalist, any news article reported on two dailies...the PC and National, regarding Basil's initiatives in Bulolo district...whatever set inplace was physically witnessed. those (basics)wwere should people benefited for last 34 or so years. But bulolo's are fortunate.

From which accounts these dollars were ssubtracted to be used, No Lae journo's will deny. never, two dailies or three electronic media's in Lae will deny sigthing of Bulolo districts treasury document.

wanna comment, check Pisai at National Lae Bureau on 4721660/71197708

cheers
Pisai Gumar

Respond to this message   
blak rabis pipol

Re: Timothy Tala MP was was coined "The man who was born to lead".

October 20 2008, 3:40 PM 

no one seems to understand the point you made unfortunatly but it was a good point and probably applies to bulolo MP. Man of action is often man of corruption in png.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Timothy Tala MP was was coined "The man who was born to lead".

October 20 2008, 3:49 PM 

That name suits Timothy Tala but not Sam Basil (RE; Action man is also corrupt). Unless you know of something which we don't know about.

Tokaut na Tok stret....

Observer

Respond to this message   
Meri Wau

Sam Basil

October 20 2008, 5:21 PM 

I contested against Sam Basil for our seat and I concede that the best person won it.
I am so proud of his achievements and will always be there to assist him in any small way.
John Muingnepe did not attract Harmony as Morobe Consolidated Goldfields did this themselves.John Muingnepe could not attract a fly to a piece of meat.-
Sam has had a lot of things going his way but he has been here to take advantage of the opportunities and all over PNG we need practical and experienced business people to help make new laws and run the country and not just a mob of parasites to spend their funds in Moresby without going out in to their electorates and doing any work.

Respond to this message   
MO

MP SAM BASIL, is still the best!

October 20 2008, 6:22 PM 

Meri Wau,

I do not work for the so called MP for Bulolo, neither am I a parasite to his funds as inferred by your derogatory remark about the Moresby mob of parasites that spend funds without going out in to the electorates and doing any work...

Only God knew and that is why MP Sam Basil got elected. Hon Sam BASIL is such a fine MP that for those us non parasites and non Morobeans, we just admire the way he conducts himself... He will go a long way unless the people of Bulolo disagree.

A question to you, will you run again in 2012? Which seat will you try?

Respond to this message   
Bulolo Pukpuk

Luther Wenge bowed down to Bulolo's Demand

October 20 2008, 6:43 PM 

I remember listening to the ABC Radio broadcast of the Bulolo MP's Demand for the 50% of the 36% from the 2% Royalty from the Hidden Valley Gold Project. The MP threatened to shut the mine down if Mr Wenge refuses to give in and guess what ! Morobe Provincial Govt. has agreed to give back the 50% OF 36% which will be used for building the much needed infrastructures of the Wau & Bulolo Townships. Bulolo has learnt from the past and must repeat itself again, good on you Bulolo.

Respond to this message   
Meri Wau

Sorry MO,you misunderstood me

October 22 2008, 5:48 PM 

I am sorry you misread what I was trying to say.
I am very proud of Sam Basil and what he is acheiving for his people.I was meaning that he is hardworking and an experienced and practical minded person and that is just the kind of politician we need.
He is doing a great job and I would not dream of standing against someone who is already doing a good job.
Politics would never have brought me anything but a lot of hard work,of which I have had a lifetime of- and I would have stood behind John Muingnepe had he done a good job.Even Samson Napo at the time,had he performed well.The point is,they did not but at last we have someone who deserves our assistance to make our electorate a better place.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

The fight for Wau Bulolo is not won yet!!!

October 23 2008, 12:43 AM 

Meri Wau, very good point.

I wish all intending candidates in the future will have the same aspiration or reason to contest elections. While individuals have the democratic right to contest a election, it comes at the cost of denying a quality leader. As s result we have MPs in Parliament only to serve themselves and we the simple people continue to suffer. I've always support a democratic government or society but it sometimes works against individuals, communities or even a country when the fundamental principles of freedom and power are not thoughtfully embraced in our societies.

Anyway, Mr Basil seems to have the vision for his electorate. Securing 50% equity of the mine's payment goes to start a good fight. The fight will not be won until and unless the worth of every little coin is translated back to the people. At this stage, the challenge ahead is immense. It is my hope that Mr Basil views it from this perspective, then only optimal development would reach the people.

We've had many cases where MPs pride themselves in securing funds, make a big feast and media bang on a mere decision or if you like paper money. But sadly, as times goes on, nothing tangible transpires. The common feature we hear is corruption, misuse and so on. Classis example is in Souther Highlands Province, the Provincial Government receives huge chunk of money from Kutubu, has the richest budget in the Highlands and may PNG, while their MPs boasts in media but sadly if you go to SHP, there's really nothing.

Mr Basil, his advisers and the people of Wau Bulolo needs to learn from such experiences but more importantly that of the Wau Bulolo itself. And that good decisions and governance must be uphold to restore Wau Bulolo to its glory days.

May God bless Mr Basil.

Cheers!!

Peace

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board