<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board  

Governor Madang 2012

February 3 2011 at 9:19 AM
Madfox 

Lately this is the names of possible hot canadates for Madang Regional Seat.

1. Sir Arnold Amet
2. Jim Kas
3. Peter Yama
4. Alois Kingsley
5. Ricky Kumung

I believe Amet will be coming back again come 2012.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Governor Madang 2012

February 4 2011, 8:35 PM 

Amet will come through but Ricky Kumung will give him a good fight, Jim Kas is a threat too.

Go Sir Arnold

Respond to this message   
d

Re: Governor Madang 2012

February 6 2011, 2:04 PM 

Amet left Madang town with potholes or craters.
Only fools will vote him in.

Respond to this message   
Sideline

What could you have done?

February 12 2011, 2:41 PM 

Sir Arnold has done what he could have done in his time in Office and so pointing out what and what-nots is a waste of time.

What could YOU have done if you were in his place given the current financial contraints he faced and the lack of good governance, management and planning of the leaders before him??.. you must realise that the elected member has to start from where the previous one has left off, so I would imagine the starting point would be a muddle of; all over the place plans, missing reports, missing funds, missing missing missing whatevers. So the seat he had taken over was a jumbled up mess! I wouldnt be wrong in saying that this is the situation all over PNG.

And to say bringing in Chinese is Amets decision?? Wrong, its everyone in power's decision. Such infux of ppl moving in does not happen overnight... its starts with WHO brought this ppl to come in and mine...
The person WHO gave the green light to mine,
The person WHO issued the Licence
The person WHO said YES please dig up my land
The person WHO are financially benefiting from the mine
,..the bits and pieces of WHO is endless

so rethink your comments and think outside the self-centered circumferene of your head

Lastly...pot holes.. did you realise the potholes get deeper and deeper? well the depth of the pole hole suggests that for so many years previous and previous elected members did nothing about it, and so the member for today has to fill it up from the bottom?? from the depth bottom ...imagine filling that!

speaking about WHAT the governer has not done or done, WHERE is the member for Madang open?? WHAT has he done?

People of Madang Open, about time you woke up and vote someone who can think and make a change not a puppet who noone knows about until this day.

Respond to this message   
Stud

IF you compare WITH POWES PARKOP your argument is baseless

February 13 2011, 7:11 AM 

If Powes Parkop a lawyer can come in and bring respect back to the lives of people in NCD, I dont see why a former Chief Justice can not do the same. If Sam Basil can turn outlaw on the MMJV mine and himself deliver the court papers, I dont see why Amet cannot do the same to the the chinese Miners

Arnold Amet in my view is useless

Respond to this message   
Sideline

Re: IF you compare WITH POWES PARKOP your argument is baseless

February 13 2011, 4:11 PM 

Stud..

I see your point but you cannot judge someone if you dont know the circumstances during his term in office, for instance he had no financial control for various reasons. ( Dont you read the papers!).
But I dont blame you, you probably sit in Moresby admiring Powes Pakops handy work and what you can see literally maybe because thats where all the money is, in POM.

you still going on about the Chinese...maybe you should get up from your chair and ask the Big House Tambaran at Waigaini and the Person in there who said YES in the first place...And PNG Immigration for granting those work visa

THINK THINK THINK man dont just blurt out

Thumbs up for Powes Pakop for doing what he can and already done. Well done!

happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Stud

Re: IF you compare WITH POWES PARKOP your argument is baseless

February 14 2011, 12:51 AM 

You see, your passing the buck about the chinese issue..He is the GOVERNOR! HE HAS ALL THE POWER VESTED UNDER THE SUN TO SPEAK FOR HIS PROVINCE AGAINST SUCH ISSUES. YOU CANT SAY ITS BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE BROUGHT THEM IN AND SOMEONE ELSE DID THIS AND THAT..
IF HE CANT DO ANYTHING WHILE BEING THE GOVERNOR THEN LETS SHOW HIM THE DOOR..EASY AS THAT happy.gif

Respond to this message   

Waskia Keri still gona be the next

July 17 2011, 12:30 AM 

Sir Arnold is still the best and think he can beat that.

KERIBOO YOU STILL THE LEADER (2012)

Respond to this message   

Madang 2012

February 7 2011, 8:31 PM 

Sir Arnold will not come back, Madang was once a beautiful province now is gone to the chinese, no one in Madang is even doing business, we have all become slaves in our own land. Many problems have come up since he become Governor, he should contest the Madnag Open Seat than the governor seat for Madang.

Mikes

Respond to this message   
Pat

Governor Madang

February 9 2011, 9:29 AM 

Sir Arnold will not come back, what has he done for the people of Madang, he is just good at talking but cannot make decisions. We need some new fresh leaders.

Cheers

Pet

Respond to this message   
JAY

GOVERNOR MADANG

February 9 2011, 1:37 PM 

SIR AMET WILL STILL COME BACK 2012 TO BE THE PRIME MINISTER OF PNG.

JAY

Respond to this message   
Wali

Re: GOVERNOR MADANG

February 14 2011, 8:25 AM 

Amet is a Somare-puppet firstly.
Secondly, he was seen doing agreements with the Chinese in Madang and Pom so don't tell me what I know and have seen.
Thirdly, he did have the powers to say NO to the Chinese mine should his wisdom and rationality were in their sober sense!
Fourthly, potholes in Madang have developed in craters and he filled it up with yellow soil which lasted for a few hours. Poor, poor performance!'
Fifthly, Sir Arnold was seen repeating is same old wisdom speech (crap) all over Madang - a thousand times at DWU. All monotonous hot air!
Criminals have mushroom in Madang over the past 4 years right under his nose and he took NIL action on squarter settlements. Do you call that strategic and effective leader?

Get rid of the NA-puppet!

Respond to this message   
WALI HITS

Amet 2012

February 14 2011, 9:16 PM 

Amet will go down, and we will see a new leader for Madang, someone you can make bold decisions and has the wisdom to move the beautiful province forward,Ricky Kumung will be the right canadate for the Madang Regional post, he is well versed with the issues that are effecting the province and is one of Madang's finest leader and successful busines entreprenour.

WALI HITS
Beautiful Madang

Respond to this message   
Sideline

Re: Amet 2012

February 17 2011, 8:48 PM 

Hope the next elections bring about a leader that will bring madang forward, Hope the people of Madang see the light of their plight and vote someone who can bring visible change happy.gif Good Luck

Respond to this message   
Jnamora

AMET IS FINISHED

March 7 2011, 3:21 PM 

What tangible progresss has Arnold Amet done during his tenure as the Governor for Madang. He is just another face in the crowd. His performance is below par, sub-standard and nowhere near that of a visionary leader. Who is he anyway. Waitgaras nating na baby sense yet. Mark may words, he is history, he will never ever come back into the political scene, especially in Madang. Ol manmeri bilong Madang ino longlong mo. Look at the manam situation, this very man was the Chairman of the Manam Transitional Authority, what did he do, his in-action caused the people of Manam so many lives. What did Amet do to help his people at Basamuk, nogat ya, what did Amet do to address the rising law and Order in Madang Town, nogat ya, what did he do to help fill in the huge craters on the roads of Madang, nogat ya, what did he do to stop the influx of highlanders moving into Madang, nogat ya, then out of the blue he packs up and leaves Madang for greener pastures at the Ministerial level. Hopeless indeed. Then he sacks Jim Wala TAMATE for doing his job. Ametis finished. His name will go down as one of the worst governors Madang has ever produced. He could try the Karkar LLG Presidents Seat in 2012.

Respond to this message   
Karkar kid

Dont go there Jnamora

March 9 2011, 3:08 AM 

Whatever you say Jnamora Sir Arnold will bounce back even stronger next time take my word for it.
Highly respected leader within his people and im sure he will get back come 2012 elections.
If i was you i wouldnt waste my time and space putting up baseless comments use your energy on something else.

Karkar kid,
Auckland New zealand..

Respond to this message   

Amet will be back

September 14 2011, 11:57 AM 

No matter how you can criticize Sir Amet on your baseless points, Karkar people will still vote him in, that's our secret.

We trust him and we know what the situation today, the reasons and circumstances that hinder his performance. He has just started cleaning up the mass that was done by previous governors.

Plese don't waste time talking *********.

Karkar phylosopher.

Respond to this message   
Kalibobo

Re: AMET IS FINISHED

March 9 2011, 3:48 PM 

LOL I could name FEW of the worst Governors of Madang...and Amet is above these idiots before him.

Respond to this message   
Outsider with huge political interests

GOOD NIGHT MADANG

March 9 2011, 11:17 PM 

My national assessment of S A A, is that he has lost the plot. He has lost his sense of direction and value. Money has taken a foot of his life. Sorry, becoming PM will not rescue PNG.

All good Madangs should think Madang first, for S A A, it looks like, it is him and his survival first.

I have reservations on the guy. Almost a phoney to me. Sorry.

That is my take and good night to Madang and God help Madang under S A A.

Outsider with huge political interests in Madang.

Respond to this message   
Gogol Kwila

AMET IS FINISHED

March 10 2011, 2:45 PM 

Hello Madang, or whadex. Support Amet or not, the fact of the matter remains with our voting population. They need to be educated to vote for the best person. Big things are happening in Madang, and we should not be fighting amongst ourselves as to who is appropriate for the Governorship of Madang or alternatively at the Open Electorates. We, decide who should enter parliament. if you can read this, you should go home and do your part in educating our stubborn and ignorant voters. Oh whatever, I don't really care who wins as long as i go back to my beautifull home and enjoy what I used to enjoy in the 80's. Weeeeeeee, that was my Madang, My home town, my beautiful paradise on earth. Whether you are from Karkar, Saidor, Bogia, Begesin, Tabele, Aronis, Long Island, Bundi or even Nabasa Road or whadex, you and I have a duty to return Madang to it's former glory. Lets's educate our people for a common objective, weeeeeee paradise on earth, yeah say it slowly..M A D A N G, feel the taste ?.

Respond to this message   
Mangi Ailan

AMET IS FINISHED

March 10 2011, 2:57 PM 

Jnamora, just who are you, and what do you know about Madang?. You are not even from Madang ......

Respond to this message   
mangi ato

Amet is a good leader

March 21 2011, 7:37 AM 

It seems many of us do not really understand how our system of government works.

Sir Arnolds real problem is that he expected to provide leadership to a defunct provincial public service and it would deliver the goodies to the people of Madang. As a result, Governors of all provinces must depend on the ministers they have in cabinet to push projects at nec. Madang had John Hickey and Ben Semri who really did nothing for Madang while they were there.

In fact the real issue with Manam is that John Hickey through an NEC decision made himself the chairman of the Manam Restoration Authority and did nothing at all while there. Hickey is still the Chairman of MRA.

All Governors are only as good as the budget they get from the National purse. Unfortunately for Madang, we have not been getting much. Sir Arnold also has strong principles which makes it hard for him to bang the table and crack some heads to get things moving. For example in the provincial budget this year, there is only K4m for capital works. The rest of the funds are have been allocated directly to the open MPs under DSIP and other grants.

PNG politics is a dirty place. You can only get things done by playing dirty. Amet does not play dirty and therein lies the problem.

Upla ting2 na toktok. You could end up with a Governor who decides to misuse the limited funds available to Madang and you could be in a worse situation then you are in at the moment.

Respond to this message   
fox

Re: Amet is a good leader

March 23 2011, 12:12 PM 

Amet and his so call leadership wisdom will not come back.

Respond to this message   
krx kid

March 24 2011, 12:22 PM 

Fox you happen to be talking to yourself in that small hole try thinking outside of that hole.
We will standby our men Sir Arnold Amet come 2012.

Krx KID

Respond to this message   
fox

March 24 2011, 2:38 PM 

KRX KID,

We KRX People a puting Ricky Kumung in, we dont want people who talk big and have nothing to show here back in Madang. Tell me what have Sir Arnold done in KarKar Island so far,you must be blind or you leaving in Pom.

Wake up.

True KRX
Gaubin Haus Sik

Respond to this message   
Gende Movo

Arnot Amet lost the plot

March 24 2011, 3:36 PM 

Sir Arnold Amet has lost all credibility. He even went into Usino Bundi and promised parents there that the Prov Govt will pay school fees for kids in that electorate. Such has created alot of confussion and has thrown the academic year into a mess.

Anyone found to be campaigning for him in Usino Bundi come 2012 will be molested, abused and hanged by his balls.

Gende Movo
Bundi.

Respond to this message   
Originol Wali

Arnold has REALLY lost the plot.

March 24 2011, 6:40 PM 

I hate Sir Arnold now. Why I dont know. Before and during his election, I was his greatest admirers!

I support jnamora 101%. Sir Arnold is history. His has lost the plot and his political points are weak. What will he campaign for? Tell me! NIL!

Respond to this message   
BELIEVER

ALLAN BIRD FOR 2012

March 25 2011, 8:41 AM 

I have been reading with interest all your comments. Successive Governors for Madang have delivered nothing. We are the only province in this country with cowboy Governors who are rapist, some even tried to stop a taxing plane. What are we talking about. The following people must not contest:
1. James Yali - Shame on him
2. Jim Kass - Still a kid learning the ropes
3. Peter Yama - Never delivered for Usino Bundi despite his huge promises
4. Arnold Amet - Too big for his shoes and I support Gende Movo.

We need visionary down to earth leaders. I am from Bundi but I have seen a lot of potential in this young vibrant man and I can tell you all that he has what the province needs.

I could be igniting something here (esp.. If Allan Bird gets to see this) but I am a strong believer for him and we the Bundi's will put this man in that hot seat if he ever wishes to do so. With alot happening in Bundi now we do not want undecissive, puppet, playboy leaders.

Go Allan Bird for 2012.

Believer
Ramu Sugar.

Respond to this message   
BIRD

Re: ALLAN BIRD FOR 2012

March 25 2011, 1:39 PM 

Allan will not go for Madang Regional, he will give it to Ricky Kumung. Allan is Ricky Kumung's right hand man.

Birds eye view.

Respond to this message   
FOXY

Re: ALLAN BIRD FOR 2012

April 5 2011, 8:45 AM 

AMET FOR 2012 MADANG OPEN SEAT

Respond to this message   

Amet for life

September 14 2011, 12:02 PM 

We trust Amet and we respect him, he is the senior statesman. You talk about Ricky Kumung, yes bai, he is ok! but we respect Amet. First for him and second for ricky.

idsed me nui nanuk!

Bai Darong Bafor

Respond to this message   
where's the meat?

Re: Amet for life

September 14 2011, 12:11 PM 

So what is your respect based on, bubu? Any substance behind your respect for this wishy washy old man called Amet? Tell us how he has really helped the people of Madang, okay? Just make a list of all the things he's done olsem yumi olgeta ken skelim.

Over to you, Amet sapota. Let's see if there's any meat inside your sandwich!

Respond to this message   

Amet em best

September 14 2011, 11:45 AM 

It seems that most of us who are criticzing Sir Arnold Amet do not really understand how our system of governments and politics works. We just act like cookotto, koki.

Sir Arnold is the right leader, who want good governance, it is better we make research ourselves and know how arnold works. I am afraid we might let our true leader down and make madang a place for harboring corruption.

Maski lo koki lo ol sampla, say from what you yourself know.

Respond to this message   
Chief Kurumambu

Re: GOVERNOR MADANG

April 6 2011, 4:45 PM 

Being wise is an achievment. Yet some of us do not even portray the qualities of being wise. One such person is SAA. SAA is not from Karkar, he for one should go back and contest the Aitape Lumi Open Seat in 2012. All the people of Bange know who SAA is and where his biological roots originated from. That seat is his ultimate birth-right and he should consider that. Leave Madang Regional Seat to the biological sons/daughters of Madang.
Madang people are no longer stupid.

Respond to this message   
Gende Movo

NOTHING TO SHOW IN BANGME

April 8 2011, 11:02 AM 

I have been to Amets village (Bangme) and was very surprised to see he has nothing to show his status in his own village. What a shame!!!

Is it b'coz he fears sanguma or what?

I do not like to criticise him for he strived to be where he is now but at least as a local tourist when I was shown his home in the village I laughed my head off.

Gende Movo.

Respond to this message   
FOX

Re: NOTHING TO SHOW IN BANGME

April 12 2011, 9:56 AM 

MADANG PEOPLE WAKE UP!
MADANG PROVINCE IS GOING TO THE DOGS(chinese),
yu lukluk na sindown stap na Madang bai Arnold Amet salim igo.

Ples man
Fox City
Madang

Respond to this message   

Amet will still reign

July 17 2011, 12:03 AM 

My brother dont look at our village and do all that mess. Are we standing to bring service 2 bangame or Madang? think..Bangame does not have Sanguma!!!

Chief Sir Arnold Amet will still reign.

Respond to this message   

Amet true Karkar

September 14 2011, 12:12 PM 

You don't talk about Amet not Bringing service to Bangme or Karkar, we the people of Kakar do understand that he is not our councillor or open MP, he is a leader of the madang people and PNG.

We don't care he give us service or not, he is for all Madang people. We karkar islanders do not beg our people who are leaders of the country and the people for service or handouts coz we do understand that he is the leader of all. That's really shows how well civilized our society is, no nepotism coz it is corruption.

Amet will still win 2012 election

Bai for all. Darong grass roots man

Respond to this message   
Strip his Karkar heritage from him

Amet: Honourable Representative for Chinese People in Madang

September 14 2011, 12:15 PM 

Amet is a Chinese puppet if you haven't noticed that already.

Respond to this message   

********!

September 14 2011, 6:48 AM 

Thats total ********... I think such controversial leaders who cannot stand on his own feet and make decisions for the better of PNG and Madang given his vast experience in the PNG Judiciary deserves to be kicked out of the Madang Regional Seat. Its true Sir Arnold is a lawyer and a former Chielf Justice but I don't think he is man enough to make tough decisions. Did you realise he was controlled by the Somares in the last regime? about the sacking of Jim Wala Tamate, SABL, PIMZ and other issues. Who would want to vote in someone who cannot stand on his own feet but just endlessly following directions from others?... vote in someone who puts the issues of Madang people first.

Respond to this message   

********!

September 14 2011, 6:49 AM 

Thats total ********... I think such controversial leaders who cannot stand on his own feet and make decisions for the better of PNG and Madang given his vast experience in the PNG Judiciary deserves to be kicked out of the Madang Regional Seat. Its true Sir Arnold is a lawyer and a former Chielf Justice but I don't think he is man enough to make tough decisions. Did you realise he was controlled by the Somares in the last regime? about the sacking of Jim Wala Tamate, SABL, PIMZ and other issues. Who would want to vote in someone who cannot stand on his own feet but just endlessly following directions from others?... vote in someone who puts the issues of Madang people first.

Respond to this message   
Injustice Amet

Re: ********!

September 14 2011, 7:21 AM 

Amet is a puppet - he provided all the evidence we need of that over the past few years.

He also has become of apupppet of the Chinese (Ramu mine).

Respond to this message   
ManMountain

Bring Back Jimi

April 18 2011, 12:23 AM 

FULL SUPPORT FOR JIM....BRING BACK JIM CAS

Respond to this message   
MIKE

WHO IS JIM KAS

April 27 2011, 2:13 PM 

WHO IS JIM KAS?

Respond to this message   
backpage

backpage son

April 27 2011, 4:57 PM 

yupla mekim wantaim moni na influence, we the backpage turangu will keep our only son with us, namba game ya, yumi lukim lo taim blo count, we never spend big, we have the real backpage people, numbers are not in madang o sumkar o karkar, tingim gut na bikmaus stap.

Jim Kas only backpage son, with you all the way

Respond to this message   
kas

Re: backpage son

April 28 2011, 10:47 AM 

you mean JIM KAS the hijaker or terrorist. hahahahahaahah

Respond to this message   
el gato

jim kas

April 28 2011, 1:50 PM 

I looked back into history of governorships in Madang Province and reality surfaced that former Governor Jim Kas was the real working leader Governor the province has ever had for a long time.

Governor Kas was ousted from Office for an "incident outside of office" that did not bring disrepute - but all sorts of political pressure led to his dismissal from Parliament in 2001.

If Jim Kas is out there somewhere, please read this article and come back and contest the Provincial Seat in Madang - "you deserve a second chance!", and the people of Madang have to agree that Madang Province prospered under the governance of Kas.

Madang Provincial Government cheques that were never before cashed outside of Madang Province were worthy anywhere in the country during Governor Kas reign, and there was alot more economic and commercial activities in the Province - Governor Kas policies were investor attractive and they came to invest in the province.

Now, all those Governor Kas incentives are in the drain, nothing is there for Madang. Governor Yali gobbled them up with Alois Kingsley and Peter Barter.

On that note, Sir Peter Barter does not deserve to be voted and neither does Alois Kingsley who is pretending around in Madang and already campaigning for 2007!

Names like the former Chief Justice Amet to contest the Provincial Seat is a total joke! He might as well not make a mokery out of himself - he is a white man in a black skin and he does not live in Madang or his village in Karkar Island to deserve even any vote from his own people - just forget going into politics Sir Amet. Lawyers and judges have never made good politicians in this country, and why should people vote you when you kept on locking them away in prisons when you were a judge! Think, I will actively campaign on that path to make sure that you, Sir Amet decline standing for the Provincial Seat in Madang!

Even some corrupt former Army General in Singirok wants to contest the elections - Madang is crazy, Singirok is the traitor that runs his "Red Dot" taxi service in Port Moresby that charges high rates to its customers - I got ripped off K40.00 for a cab ride from Holiday Inn to St Theresa Hospital and return (K20.00 for the fare and K20.00 for waiting 15 minutes for me)...crazy way to make 2007 campaign money.

Nonetheless, my advise is to vote one to Jim Kas, second vote and third vote to some persons apart from Barter (the liar), Amet (the judge) or Singirok (the traitor) or Yali (the rapist).

Give your votes to Jim "the hijacker" Kas - he can hijack more investment and development for Madang Province then any of those other characters.

Finally, vote El Gato for Prime Ministerhip!

El Gato
(*^*)

Respond to this message   
Gende Movo

JIM KASS - A JOKE

May 9 2011, 9:08 AM 

Elgato,
I know Jim Kass better than you.
We went to school together and I assisted him greatly in his election campaign but he let the whole province down. He is a great prentender.

Good luck to him if he wishes to contest again. For me he will not get a vote from me this time.

Gende Movo.
Bundi.

Respond to this message   
karkar

Re: JIM KASS - A JOKE

May 10 2011, 9:33 AM 

Sir Amet has really really gone down, Sori tru long em mangi KRX

Respond to this message   
manus boi

NA MERI BL EM TU!

May 10 2011, 10:56 AM 

MERI bl em blo manus tu bai sanap lo manus open seat, dont even remember her full name!

Respond to this message   
Gende Movo

Re: NA MERI BL EM TU!

May 10 2011, 4:12 PM 

Her name is Thresea Kamau Kass.

Good luck to her.

Gende Movo.

Respond to this message   
fox

May 11 2011, 9:57 AM 

Amet racially taunts Ken Fairweather on Karkar
May 8 2011 at 12:55 PM
No score for this post Karkar MPs WAR!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.postcourier.com.pg/20110503/news03.htm

Amet talk upsets islanders

By ROSELYN ELLISON

ATTORNEY-GENERAL and former Chief Justice, Sir Arnold Amet, continued his verbal racial abuse of Sumkar MP, Ken Fairweather, on Saturday on Karkar Island in Madang Province during the opening of a new permanent double-classroom building at a school.
The previous day at Sek Primary School he told Mr Fairweather in his presence, “I’m not a white man’s cargo boy my friend, you pack up and leave my island … so Mr Fairweather, I’m telling you, you don’t belong here.”
While the villagers on Karkar praised Mr Fairweather for bringing services like good roads, water, school improvement and health services, Sir Arnold tore into Mr Fairweather again.
He told the people Mr Fairweather was “a white millionaire that the people do not need”.
While his comments may have gone down well with some, others did not take it well.
He insisted that white men did not understand the PNG culture and therefore could not deliver the kind of services the people needed.
One villager said the remarks were unbecoming and quite to the contrary as he claimed Mr Fairweather had by a huge margin done so much for Sumkar District in only four years than any other Sumkar MP or Madang Governor before him.
He and other villagers who were interviewed by this paper soon after the heated outbursts claimed that for the first time they saw bush material classrooms being pulled down and in their place new permanent classrooms go up.
They also highlighted that the feeder roads were improved, linking all the villages to the main ring-road, and aid posts and health centres were looking better, and water supply was connected to communities.
“No matter whether he’s white or black, we the people of Sumkar and especially Karkar Islanders need delivery of basic services,” the people said. “What Mr Fairweather is doing is great and we do not want politics but services,” the people said.
The Saturday ceremony at Karkar was to officially open a classroom that was built at the cost of K40,000 for 192 elementary school students at Kivasop on the Takia side of the island.
While it was a happy occasion it was tainted by racial mudslinging which the people were not happy about.
More than 3000 people, including the Governor for Madang and Member for Rai Coast James Gau, and a representative from Mr Fairweather’s office and other dignitaries from Karkar Island attended the opening ceremony.
Governor Gau said the new building was among the best in the province and that the locals should be proud they were able to build it themselves without any help from the government.
He said the people of Karkar had set the pace that others in the province and the country should aspire to to develop their communities instead of sitting around and waiting for government input.
He thanked Mr Fairweather and his office for their continuous support in delivering the basic services on the island, which had been missing for the last 20 years.

Respond to this message   
karkar

May 11 2011, 9:58 AM 

Karkar islanders defend Fearweather
No score for this post May 8 2011, 1:03 PM

http://www.postcourier.com.pg/20110503/news03.htm

Amet talk upsets islanders

By ROSELYN ELLISON

ATTORNEY-GENERAL and former Chief Justice, Sir Arnold Amet, continued his verbal racial abuse of Sumkar MP, Ken Fairweather, on Saturday on Karkar Island in Madang Province during the opening of a new permanent double-classroom building at a school.
The previous day at Sek Primary School he told Mr Fairweather in his presence, “I’m not a white man’s cargo boy my friend, you pack up and leave my island … so Mr Fairweather, I’m telling you, you don’t belong here.”
While the villagers on Karkar praised Mr Fairweather for bringing services like good roads, water, school improvement and health services, Sir Arnold tore into Mr Fairweather again.
He told the people Mr Fairweather was “a white millionaire that the people do not need”.
While his comments may have gone down well with some, others did not take it well.
He insisted that white men did not understand the PNG culture and therefore could not deliver the kind of services the people needed.
One villager said the remarks were unbecoming and quite to the contrary as he claimed Mr Fairweather had by a huge margin done so much for Sumkar District in only four years than any other Sumkar MP or Madang Governor before him.
He and other villagers who were interviewed by this paper soon after the heated outbursts claimed that for the first time they saw bush material classrooms being pulled down and in their place new permanent classrooms go up.
They also highlighted that the feeder roads were improved, linking all the villages to the main ring-road, and aid posts and health centres were looking better, and water supply was connected to communities.
“No matter whether he’s white or black, we the people of Sumkar and especially Karkar Islanders need delivery of basic services,” the people said. “What Mr Fairweather is doing is great and we do not want politics but services,” the people said.
The Saturday ceremony at Karkar was to officially open a classroom that was built at the cost of K40,000 for 192 elementary school students at Kivasop on the Takia side of the island.
While it was a happy occasion it was tainted by racial mudslinging which the people were not happy about.
More than 3000 people, including the Governor for Madang and Member for Rai Coast James Gau, and a representative from Mr Fairweather’s office and other dignitaries from Karkar Island attended the opening ceremony.
Governor Gau said the new building was among the best in the province and that the locals should be proud they were able to build it themselves without any help from the government.
He said the people of Karkar had set the pace that others in the province and the country should aspire to to develop their communities instead of sitting around and waiting for government input.
He thanked Mr Fairweather and his office for their continuous support in delivering the basic services on the island, which had been missing for the last 20 years.

Respond to this message   
KRX

May 11 2011, 10:02 AM 

SIR ARNOLD IS NOT COMING BACK COME 2012. WE THE PEOPLE OF MADANG WILL CHOOSE A NEW GOVERNER.

MANGI KRX
JOMBA MADANG

Respond to this message   

are you Jim Kas' campaign manager?

September 14 2011, 9:47 AM 

El Kato, you've talked alot and never realised you made a same mistake twice. Its not 2007 election, but 2012... Stop this maus wara of yours, "Ino time blo campaign yet ya".

Respond to this message   

Amet is best for pm

September 14 2011, 12:24 PM 

Hi man, you say that singirok is a traitor! You do not understand the sandline issue or not even red a book about the issue. General Singirok is the true leader, for him that peace prevail in bougainville.

I suggest you take International relations, political sciences course to have a broad understanding of the real issues and decisions made.

I suggest u just talking from no where. We respect singiork and he will one day come to parliament. The people from islands to momase, southern and up in the highlands love singirok.

He can be a dictator if his aim of going against Chan government but that was not his intention, all he want is to get rid of thses messanaries out of a sovereing state. He had a great support from military to civil societies but he had a good conscience not to go futher.

Any, Amet will be the best for madang regional.

Bai for all

Respond to this message   
and it all came out in black n white

Jerry Singarok was a crook

September 14 2011, 12:41 PM 

Singarok was certainly not a traitor.

However, Singarok was corrupt. Singarok used to buy a lot of arms and ammo from Franklin, an international arms supplier. Franklin, in turn, set up a visa account for Singarok to use. It was like a kickback scheme (which is corrupt). Some of the higher prices that PNG paid to buy arms from Franklin was then kicked back into a special, private account for Jerry Singarok to use for whatever he wanted to use the money for. He make the purchases through his visa account and Franklin quietly paid the bills...... so long as Jerry Singarok kept using PNG government money to buy preferentially from Franklin, despite their higher prices.

This is the same kind of corruption that's being going on for years at the Dept. Health in buying medicines.

Suggest you read your history more thoroughly, mate, since this was public knowledge, published in the newspapers at the time of the Sandline crisis, and was recorded in the historical books on the same issue.

Respond to this message   
King Maker

Forget Amet

May 11 2011, 7:52 PM 

Sir Arnold Amet should not be returned to Parliment in 2012 by the people of Madang simply because of the fact that he is only a puppet of the somares and a messenger / tool boy of the chinese at krumbukari.

No wander Fearweather called him acting waitman.

Tru Wali Kange

Respond to this message   
flying fox

suppor king maker

May 13 2011, 3:36 PM 

Amet is a purpet. Very sad but true.
However, i admire him for the public apology.
Better late then never.

Respond to this message   

Amet is still the best to be PM

May 15 2011, 6:00 PM 

At the first place, your own people who voted you in will go against you but as times go by, they will realize that you are the best. No matter what the critics says, Sir Arnold Amet, the Madang's only son will win 2012 election. God bless him.

Respond to this message   
FOX

RICKY KUMUNG

May 24 2011, 3:50 PM 

RICKY KUMUNG FOR GOVERNOR MADANG 2012

Respond to this message   
matt

Re: RICKY KUMUNG

May 24 2011, 4:51 PM 

the "backpage" are comtemplating the return of jim kas at the helm. i assume he is a matured leader after m.i.a for a while. it will be interesting to see the old horse on the track again with current horses.

Respond to this message   
sek

Jim Kas for Madang Regional - 2012

May 24 2011, 8:19 PM 

People of Madang should vote and bring back Jim Kas for Madang Regional - 2012

Respond to this message   

Arnold Holds it

July 17 2011, 12:23 AM 

People of Madang think and think carefully B4 you vote. Put the right person to make decissions on your resources.

Respond to this message   
K-K

List

July 18 2011, 3:31 PM 

Can we have a list of intending candidates for madang regional, apart from Peter Yama,jim Kass and A. Amet

Respond to this message   
Mangi Ato

James Yali is now going strong

July 19 2011, 9:57 AM 

olgeta friends blo Madang, toksave tasol olsem James Yali m nau ron strong lo Madang Regional Seat.

Ol lain lo Madang asples ol laik rausim ol settlemtent na ol harim olsem Yali bai ron na olgeta laik sapotim em.

As a Ricky Kumung sapota, I am quite concerned with this development. I spoke to them and they said this: "EM tru Yali rapim meri tasol em ino stilim moni. M wanpla man tasol bai rausim ol settlement so mipla bai vote long em."

I also recentely went to Bogia and I hear that Yali is going very strong up there too.

Mipla ol Madang mas tingting gut na votim gutpla lida. Sir Arnold may have destroyed his reputation but that does not mean we let the province go to a convicted rapist. Upla ting wanem?

Respond to this message   

Sorry Yali//

July 19 2011, 11:34 PM 

We dont need such leader like James Yali at this moment//..Plis people think carefully.

Respond to this message   

birth right or blood right or resident right

September 14 2011, 10:02 AM 

Sorry, is Sir Arnold Amet from Madang or Aitape Lumi?

Respond to this message   

Sir Amet best to be PM

September 14 2011, 11:34 AM 

Hi man, don't you know that Sir Arnold Amet is from Madang. He is from the island of no return (karkar). He is the true leader of these days.

Respond to this message   
Observer

True leader

September 13 2011, 9:48 PM 

I acknowledge the leadership of all our former governors and even our current governor. They all tried their best.

However, I am still looking for a true son of Madang who will have the ability to unite PNG`s most culturally diverse province, and be able to drive his vision into the fabric of our society and get wide public support to implement that vision. All our hope was on Sir Amet to provide that leadership but...

Foxs who else is left out there to provide that kind of leadership? if you (foxs) have concern for madang than forward some names and promote those names and do not make discrimatory remarks like rapist, hijackers, terrorist etc. We already have a very fragile disunited society and do not add any more to it. Outsider are already taking advantage of our disunity. And worse still your discrimatory remarks may also encourage sympathy votes.

Respond to this message   
mad

Sir Arnold

September 14 2011, 3:02 PM 

Sir Arnold had lost the plot, very sorry for Madang Province.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Governor Madang 2012
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board