<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board  

Let ARTHUR or AGIRU be PM!!!

March 26 2011 at 2:49 PM
Observer 

I think papua new guinea should let the two guys mentioned above be PNGs PM!

Whats your opinion.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
cross

Agreed

March 26 2011, 3:01 PM 

They are both hardworkers.Anyone of them should be ok

Respond to this message   
Stud

Re: Agreed

March 26 2011, 4:37 PM 

Yes indeed, there both very good. And Abal should remain deputy PM indefinitely~

Respond to this message   
last ples

qualified

March 26 2011, 6:39 PM 

even though many will say many things about this guy saying that they both are corrupt or whztever,
I believe that png will be in good hands if the above combination succeeded,

Why because they both are hardworkers and alo when yu look at it carefully, arthur has the brains and capability while agiru is a master strategist and strong political leader who can influence and hold together mps to bring stability.

Both me are very intelligent and papuanew guinea will be in good steadd if it for them to lead.

Respond to this message   
ip kondea nong

Re: qualified

March 26 2011, 9:15 PM 

yep i totally agree...i just wanna see huli man the pm..would be great..:)))

Respond to this message   
hanua just

Re: Let ARTHUR or AGIRU be PM!!!

April 20 2011, 10:30 AM 

mate...u must be joking.

Arthur was a FAILURE in the Aussie Education system. We need bright educated PNGeans.

Respond to this message   
Watchman

kidding??

April 21 2011, 12:50 PM 

I am sure you are joking?

I have not seen any leadership results from either men. Am not familiar with East Sepik but am familiar with SHP & Hela and can tell you that A.Agiru does not have the leadership calibre to be PM.

I am always open to correction - if someone can clear tell me something of worth that was achieved through these individuals leadership then do let me know. Otherwise, let's us look elsewhere.

Respond to this message   
Ipmend

April 21 2011, 4:19 PM 

If anyone thinks these two circus freaks are visionary leaders, much less prime minister material, either you lack common knoledge (which mean you don't know what you talking about) or you being a basketweaver. In this age, basketweavers are irrelevant in society.

PNG has a bright future minus people like these two and other kowtowing yesmen who is bent on personal gains at the cost of the very needs of innocent people whom they so cunningly manipulate and lie to every day.

Avoid the illusion of grandeur. Get a grip on reality, because for PNG now, the reality is not positive .

Respond to this message   
Digs

Arthur Failed Angoram - How can he Run PNG

April 22 2011, 11:08 AM 

Angoram - social disorder reigns from the masses of drop outs each year and lack of opportunity. Medical services are disfunctional. Public Service machinery has grounded to a halt. Road contracts have been awarded to Sana's (his brother) company who have done a less than satisfactory job. Roads in the Gavien Rubber Scheme are bush tracks. The guy has used Angoram and Grand Chiefs name as a Rubber Stamp for his own fame and glory. He is out of touch with the ordinary people.

He will have been there 3 terms by the time the next election comes around. 3 terms is 15 years. They say a generation is 18 years. So for almost a generation, Angoram has continued to slide backwards under his political leadership. It is time for a change for Angoram and to save PNG from Arthur.

Respond to this message   
no no no !

April 22 2011, 12:18 PM 

please dont let Arthur be PM !

Respond to this message   
EDUCATED HIGHLANDER

AGIRU IS A CORRUPT WANNABEE

April 23 2011, 7:18 PM 

NEVA ALLOW AGIRU TO BE GOVERNOR AND NEVA PM.****** PLEASE! AGIRU IS A FAKE.HE HAS 6 WIVES AND MISRESSES ALL OVER POM.YOU CANT TRUST AGIRU HE IS A SNAKE IN THEGRASS.WORSE THAN WINGTI AND CHAN.HONESTLY BRATS.AGIRU SUK MY KOKS BRADA.

Respond to this message   
kera

Arthur still okay for pm...

April 23 2011, 7:50 PM 

So that sounds like Arthur is still okay for pm if it isn't for the jealousy, right? The highlanders have to come out of the ‘polygamy and excessive pride’ in order to earn some respect across the country.

Respond to this message   
Simbu Rocks

Re: AGIRU IS A CORRUPT WANNABEE

April 23 2011, 9:42 PM 

MATE, U ARE SO DEMEANING. U DONT HAVE A DEBATABLE POINT. UR MERE OUTBURST LACKS TOTAL RESPECT FOR YOURSELF AS PORTRAIT IN YOUR STATEMENT. U ARE AN INSULT TO THE EDUCATED HIGLANDERS...UR WILD ALLEGATIONS ARE UNFOUNDED, LET ALONE WISHFULL THINKING..IM FLABERGASTED WITH UR COMMENTS....U TALK LIKE AN EDUCATED IDIOT!

Respond to this message   
Hela pride

SIMBU ROKS YU RIGHT

April 24 2011, 12:18 AM 

Educated highlander, this is a proper discussion for "real" educated highlanders...not like you..

be rational and reasonable...unfounded allegations and accusation are disgusting..

HONESTY, YU DISGUST ME!!!

People dont realise how important someone is untill they are gone...look at mr okuk for example...he is a great leader for the highlands and everybody repect him,...nobody is better than him.

Agiru is a wel eductaed men...he has the potential to be a good PM.
Thats just my opinion...its open for discussion but be rational and discuss properly...

accusations must be based on solid evidence.

As for arthur, he is highly qualified...he is a man of vision...i am from hela but i admire him as he is a good leader. look what he has done for papua new guinea..PNGLNG and many businesses for govrnment was negotiated by him. HELA WILL BACK ARTHUR SOMARE...HE IS HELAS TRUE SON!!! em hela igini ya..

Respond to this message   
Simbu Rocks

Re: SIMBU ROKS YU RIGHT

April 24 2011, 1:15 AM 

Totally agree with Hela Pride on your points on the this forum. You wopuld agree with me that some people dont belong forums like this..their thoughts are just narrow to be expressed.

I respect all leaders irrespective of their ethnicity, their beliefs and affiliations. In terms of discussion on who;s the best to be the CEO of this great nations needs to be assesed not only on one aspect but a holistic approach. the tendency for many commentatorrs is that they tend to look at a leader on a face value - thats is not correct.

In terms of Agiru n Arthur - both have the qualities. Both are achivers - their actions speaks for itself. However, having known both leaders at different approach to acheiving a common goal...From a Regional perspective, Agiru appears more respect especially given Engans have their provicial politics taking tool - Ipatas, DOn and Sam will always be against each other. Hageners no longer have PW but with Duma at that flatform has some hope, Easts have lost Kimisopa. Simbu needs a leader of that calbire although Gumine MP and Kerowagi MP have some following within Simbu.

That leaves Agiru as a real contender for the PM job. my personal opinion on a current circumstances is that Arthur may not make it (although he's got the quality) simply due to curent party politics - if Grand Chief is gone - Arthur may not find solace especially from his Momase brothers will not support him given his arrogance! Leaders are elected by people - they deserve respect - Arthur does not ahve that respect for his fellow collegaues - this is his shortfall which will not make him realise this dream.

Therefore Higlanders hope rests with Agiru....

Thanks

Respond to this message   
outsider

True thats

April 24 2011, 3:35 AM 

Mr arthur someare has got the potential but as simbu rocks said, he does not have the support of the many party members within NA.Pruaitch, belden namah and many from sepik are divided among wach other.
I only wonder how it would be if the old papa(old man somare), who is the glue, steps down than whats gonna happen.

when yu study it, Senior somare has eliminated all threat to his reign. pruaitch is gone, puka temu is gone,paul tienstein is gone..all of these guys are deputy leaders of NA. he did all this for arthur.
but arthur, even though he is qualified, will not get the PM seat i think coz all the mps are not going to be happy.

the Engans are split betwenn abal, polye and ipatas with the rest falling behind these guys.Hagen have potential but somare eliminated wingti through OLGA.Eastern higlnds i dont know very much but kimisopa was a shining light from apo country.Chimbu i dont know much i but if the governor, mr garia, is influential then it will be a force to reckon.

When it comes to southern highlands, Agiru is the man because hes URP party is the second biggest coalition partner,and now he has the money power and MANPOWer to do things..thats why arthur is close to agiru...agiru is artheurs muscle..tHE urp split with duma is also part of politics by someare as agiru is a threat too.

Respond to this message   
hela

its the number game that decide next PM - 2012

April 24 2011, 5:45 AM 

i don't think either Anderson Agiru or Arthur Somare have the people's style-leadership quality and leadership WISDOM to be the next PM. there are points of the argument;

1. LNG should not be the talk of the day to praise leaders because both leaders in one way or the other have fail the resource owners on a CHEAP TAG. the deals that has been executed with the developers and financiers to develop the LNG project is still under question and not in the best interest of the Hela resource owners and the country. despite Mr Agiru been the governor of SHP he fail to address the Hela resource owners issue effectively.

2. as a governor of SHP, Mr Agiru fail in his leadeship to deliver and sustain developments in SHP. many development projects (shools, hospitals, health centres, roads etc..) are still in very bad condition. Mendi town is in a bad shape and government buildings are breaking apart. when his leadership doesnt shown practical side of maintaining and sustaining basic services, how can you expect him to run the nation of 6.6 million people.

3. mr Somare fail the people of Angoram of not bring tangible service development to his electorate for the last 15 years. the basic essential services (schools, health services, roads,etc..)are in a very bad conditions. even, the Angoram district headquater is running dry with buildings breaking apart. how can you promote and worship him to be the next PM when his very own people are dying of not accessing better developmental services???

4. the deals executed by Mr Somare to source external funds to finance the LNG project is less transparent and in question. who will benefit most in LNG project during the lifespan of the project? will be the resource owners? will be Mr Somare? will be Mr Agiru? will be the middlemen and external financiers?

Both mr Agiru and mr Somare are NOT capable, incompetent and lack of leadership qualities and wisdom to be PM of the country.

WHO become the next PM for Papua New Guinea and beyond after the 2012 National General Election lies with the Political Party that has the highest number is winning seats in the coming election. Many people (80%) of the country's population doesn't like NA (and its current regime) of how it run the affairs of the country. the country's population is aiming to change the current regime in the coming election.

current political leaders like Sam Abel, Sam Basil, Gabriel Kapris, Powes Parkop, Dr Bob Danaya, Dr Puka Temu, and many others are likely potentials to be the next Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea comes 2012. but again, it heavily depends of which political party score the highest winning seats in the coming election. only that will determine who will be the next PM.

Sam Abel is currently the only outstanding Highlands Political figure capable to become the next Papua New Guinea Prime Minister. He has all the qualities and wisdom of leadership found in him.

Sam Basil is a young first time politician but been so vocal on national issues to promote accountabilities, transparencies and fight corruptions in delivering basic services to the people. Mr Basil has done alot for his Bulolo electorate in delivering services in the last couple of years.

Powes Parkop has display his type of leadership by transforming the Capital of Papua New Guinea into better shape compared to 10 years back. His Social Democratic Party looks to make a good run in the coming election.

Respond to this message   
Meri Wau

Agiru or Arthur?

April 24 2011, 7:17 AM 

In an ideal world the most popular person in the country would be the one chosen by the people to be the PM.We don't live in an ideal world nor do we vote for our PM.That decision is left in the hands of our elected MP's who we would n't even trust with the care of our own mothers.
If the people had chosen the PM in 2007 it would have been Dame Carol-hands down- and I imagine that in 2012 the people would chose Sam Basil.
Sam Abal would be a very good choice but at present he is seen as being Somare's choice and hopefully he will be one of the few NA people re-elected.
It is up to the Goroka people to put back Kimisopa and he would be a very capable PM but he may not be a party leader so may not be in the running.For Deputy PM we should be choosing between Sam Basil or Kimisopa(neither will be party leaders) but of course this all depends on party politics.
The best decision that can be made collectively by PNG people is to choose your own leader wisely but reject all NA candidiates.

Respond to this message   
kera

Re: Agiru or Arthur?

April 24 2011, 10:43 AM 

I start to see some very prospective discussions coming out. Let it be@!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respond to this message   
HILANDS

GO ARTHUR!

April 25 2011, 11:12 PM 

ARthur yu em ori mangi ya...em bai kisim pm stret..

i support him

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board