<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board  

Let ARTHUR or AGIRU be PM!!!

March 26 2011 at 2:49 PM
Observer 

I think papua new guinea should let the two guys mentioned above be PNGs PM!

Whats your opinion.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
cross

Agreed

March 26 2011, 3:01 PM 

They are both hardworkers.Anyone of them should be ok

Respond to this message   
Stud

Re: Agreed

March 26 2011, 4:37 PM 

Yes indeed, there both very good. And Abal should remain deputy PM indefinitely~

Respond to this message   
last ples

qualified

March 26 2011, 6:39 PM 

even though many will say many things about this guy saying that they both are corrupt or whztever,
I believe that png will be in good hands if the above combination succeeded,

Why because they both are hardworkers and alo when yu look at it carefully, arthur has the brains and capability while agiru is a master strategist and strong political leader who can influence and hold together mps to bring stability.

Both me are very intelligent and papuanew guinea will be in good steadd if it for them to lead.

Respond to this message   
ip kondea nong

Re: qualified

March 26 2011, 9:15 PM 

yep i totally agree...i just wanna see huli man the pm..would be great..:)))

Respond to this message   
hanua just

Re: Let ARTHUR or AGIRU be PM!!!

April 20 2011, 10:30 AM 

mate...u must be joking.

Arthur was a FAILURE in the Aussie Education system. We need bright educated PNGeans.

Respond to this message   
Watchman

kidding??

April 21 2011, 12:50 PM 

I am sure you are joking?

I have not seen any leadership results from either men. Am not familiar with East Sepik but am familiar with SHP & Hela and can tell you that A.Agiru does not have the leadership calibre to be PM.

I am always open to correction - if someone can clear tell me something of worth that was achieved through these individuals leadership then do let me know. Otherwise, let's us look elsewhere.

Respond to this message   
Ipmend

April 21 2011, 4:19 PM 

If anyone thinks these two circus freaks are visionary leaders, much less prime minister material, either you lack common knoledge (which mean you don't know what you talking about) or you being a basketweaver. In this age, basketweavers are irrelevant in society.

PNG has a bright future minus people like these two and other kowtowing yesmen who is bent on personal gains at the cost of the very needs of innocent people whom they so cunningly manipulate and lie to every day.

Avoid the illusion of grandeur. Get a grip on reality, because for PNG now, the reality is not positive .

Respond to this message   
Digs

Arthur Failed Angoram - How can he Run PNG

April 22 2011, 11:08 AM 

Angoram - social disorder reigns from the masses of drop outs each year and lack of opportunity. Medical services are disfunctional. Public Service machinery has grounded to a halt. Road contracts have been awarded to Sana's (his brother) company who have done a less than satisfactory job. Roads in the Gavien Rubber Scheme are bush tracks. The guy has used Angoram and Grand Chiefs name as a Rubber Stamp for his own fame and glory. He is out of touch with the ordinary people.

He will have been there 3 terms by the time the next election comes around. 3 terms is 15 years. They say a generation is 18 years. So for almost a generation, Angoram has continued to slide backwards under his political leadership. It is time for a change for Angoram and to save PNG from Arthur.

Respond to this message   
no no no !

April 22 2011, 12:18 PM 

please dont let Arthur be PM !

Respond to this message   
EDUCATED HIGHLANDER

AGIRU IS A CORRUPT WANNABEE

April 23 2011, 7:18 PM 

NEVA ALLOW AGIRU TO BE GOVERNOR AND NEVA PM.****** PLEASE! AGIRU IS A FAKE.HE HAS 6 WIVES AND MISRESSES ALL OVER POM.YOU CANT TRUST AGIRU HE IS A SNAKE IN THEGRASS.WORSE THAN WINGTI AND CHAN.HONESTLY BRATS.AGIRU SUK MY KOKS BRADA.

Respond to this message   
kera

Arthur still okay for pm...

April 23 2011, 7:50 PM 

So that sounds like Arthur is still okay for pm if it isn't for the jealousy, right? The highlanders have to come out of the ‘polygamy and excessive pride’ in order to earn some respect across the country.

Respond to this message   
Simbu Rocks

Re: AGIRU IS A CORRUPT WANNABEE

April 23 2011, 9:42 PM 

MATE, U ARE SO DEMEANING. U DONT HAVE A DEBATABLE POINT. UR MERE OUTBURST LACKS TOTAL RESPECT FOR YOURSELF AS PORTRAIT IN YOUR STATEMENT. U ARE AN INSULT TO THE EDUCATED HIGLANDERS...UR WILD ALLEGATIONS ARE UNFOUNDED, LET ALONE WISHFULL THINKING..IM FLABERGASTED WITH UR COMMENTS....U TALK LIKE AN EDUCATED IDIOT!

Respond to this message   
Hela pride

SIMBU ROKS YU RIGHT

April 24 2011, 12:18 AM 

Educated highlander, this is a proper discussion for "real" educated highlanders...not like you..

be rational and reasonable...unfounded allegations and accusation are disgusting..

HONESTY, YU DISGUST ME!!!

People dont realise how important someone is untill they are gone...look at mr okuk for example...he is a great leader for the highlands and everybody repect him,...nobody is better than him.

Agiru is a wel eductaed men...he has the potential to be a good PM.
Thats just my opinion...its open for discussion but be rational and discuss properly...

accusations must be based on solid evidence.

As for arthur, he is highly qualified...he is a man of vision...i am from hela but i admire him as he is a good leader. look what he has done for papua new guinea..PNGLNG and many businesses for govrnment was negotiated by him. HELA WILL BACK ARTHUR SOMARE...HE IS HELAS TRUE SON!!! em hela igini ya..

Respond to this message   
Simbu Rocks

Re: SIMBU ROKS YU RIGHT

April 24 2011, 1:15 AM 

Totally agree with Hela Pride on your points on the this forum. You wopuld agree with me that some people dont belong forums like this..their thoughts are just narrow to be expressed.

I respect all leaders irrespective of their ethnicity, their beliefs and affiliations. In terms of discussion on who;s the best to be the CEO of this great nations needs to be assesed not only on one aspect but a holistic approach. the tendency for many commentatorrs is that they tend to look at a leader on a face value - thats is not correct.

In terms of Agiru n Arthur - both have the qualities. Both are achivers - their actions speaks for itself. However, having known both leaders at different approach to acheiving a common goal...From a Regional perspective, Agiru appears more respect especially given Engans have their provicial politics taking tool - Ipatas, DOn and Sam will always be against each other. Hageners no longer have PW but with Duma at that flatform has some hope, Easts have lost Kimisopa. Simbu needs a leader of that calbire although Gumine MP and Kerowagi MP have some following within Simbu.

That leaves Agiru as a real contender for the PM job. my personal opinion on a current circumstances is that Arthur may not make it (although he's got the quality) simply due to curent party politics - if Grand Chief is gone - Arthur may not find solace especially from his Momase brothers will not support him given his arrogance! Leaders are elected by people - they deserve respect - Arthur does not ahve that respect for his fellow collegaues - this is his shortfall which will not make him realise this dream.

Therefore Higlanders hope rests with Agiru....

Thanks

Respond to this message   
outsider

True thats

April 24 2011, 3:35 AM 

Mr arthur someare has got the potential but as simbu rocks said, he does not have the support of the many party members within NA.Pruaitch, belden namah and many from sepik are divided among wach other.
I only wonder how it would be if the old papa(old man somare), who is the glue, steps down than whats gonna happen.

when yu study it, Senior somare has eliminated all threat to his reign. pruaitch is gone, puka temu is gone,paul tienstein is gone..all of these guys are deputy leaders of NA. he did all this for arthur.
but arthur, even though he is qualified, will not get the PM seat i think coz all the mps are not going to be happy.

the Engans are split betwenn abal, polye and ipatas with the rest falling behind these guys.Hagen have potential but somare eliminated wingti through OLGA.Eastern higlnds i dont know very much but kimisopa was a shining light from apo country.Chimbu i dont know much i but if the governor, mr garia, is influential then it will be a force to reckon.

When it comes to southern highlands, Agiru is the man because hes URP party is the second biggest coalition partner,and now he has the money power and MANPOWer to do things..thats why arthur is close to agiru...agiru is artheurs muscle..tHE urp split with duma is also part of politics by someare as agiru is a threat too.

Respond to this message   
hela

its the number game that decide next PM - 2012

April 24 2011, 5:45 AM 

i don't think either Anderson Agiru or Arthur Somare have the people's style-leadership quality and leadership WISDOM to be the next PM. there are points of the argument;

1. LNG should not be the talk of the day to praise leaders because both leaders in one way or the other have fail the resource owners on a CHEAP TAG. the deals that has been executed with the developers and financiers to develop the LNG project is still under question and not in the best interest of the Hela resource owners and the country. despite Mr Agiru been the governor of SHP he fail to address the Hela resource owners issue effectively.

2. as a governor of SHP, Mr Agiru fail in his leadeship to deliver and sustain developments in SHP. many development projects (shools, hospitals, health centres, roads etc..) are still in very bad condition. Mendi town is in a bad shape and government buildings are breaking apart. when his leadership doesnt shown practical side of maintaining and sustaining basic services, how can you expect him to run the nation of 6.6 million people.

3. mr Somare fail the people of Angoram of not bring tangible service development to his electorate for the last 15 years. the basic essential services (schools, health services, roads,etc..)are in a very bad conditions. even, the Angoram district headquater is running dry with buildings breaking apart. how can you promote and worship him to be the next PM when his very own people are dying of not accessing better developmental services???

4. the deals executed by Mr Somare to source external funds to finance the LNG project is less transparent and in question. who will benefit most in LNG project during the lifespan of the project? will be the resource owners? will be Mr Somare? will be Mr Agiru? will be the middlemen and external financiers?

Both mr Agiru and mr Somare are NOT capable, incompetent and lack of leadership qualities and wisdom to be PM of the country.

WHO become the next PM for Papua New Guinea and beyond after the 2012 National General Election lies with the Political Party that has the highest number is winning seats in the coming election. Many people (80%) of the country's population doesn't like NA (and its current regime) of how it run the affairs of the country. the country's population is aiming to change the current regime in the coming election.

current political leaders like Sam Abel, Sam Basil, Gabriel Kapris, Powes Parkop, Dr Bob Danaya, Dr Puka Temu, and many others are likely potentials to be the next Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea comes 2012. but again, it heavily depends of which political party score the highest winning seats in the coming election. only that will determine who will be the next PM.

Sam Abel is currently the only outstanding Highlands Political figure capable to become the next Papua New Guinea Prime Minister. He has all the qualities and wisdom of leadership found in him.

Sam Basil is a young first time politician but been so vocal on national issues to promote accountabilities, transparencies and fight corruptions in delivering basic services to the people. Mr Basil has done alot for his Bulolo electorate in delivering services in the last couple of years.

Powes Parkop has display his type of leadership by transforming the Capital of Papua New Guinea into better shape compared to 10 years back. His Social Democratic Party looks to make a good run in the coming election.

Respond to this message   
Meri Wau

Agiru or Arthur?

April 24 2011, 7:17 AM 

In an ideal world the most popular person in the country would be the one chosen by the people to be the PM.We don't live in an ideal world nor do we vote for our PM.That decision is left in the hands of our elected MP's who we would n't even trust with the care of our own mothers.
If the people had chosen the PM in 2007 it would have been Dame Carol-hands down- and I imagine that in 2012 the people would chose Sam Basil.
Sam Abal would be a very good choice but at present he is seen as being Somare's choice and hopefully he will be one of the few NA people re-elected.
It is up to the Goroka people to put back Kimisopa and he would be a very capable PM but he may not be a party leader so may not be in the running.For Deputy PM we should be choosing between Sam Basil or Kimisopa(neither will be party leaders) but of course this all depends on party politics.
The best decision that can be made collectively by PNG people is to choose your own leader wisely but reject all NA candidiates.

Respond to this message   
kera

Re: Agiru or Arthur?

April 24 2011, 10:43 AM 

I start to see some very prospective discussions coming out. Let it be@!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respond to this message   
HILANDS

GO ARTHUR!

April 25 2011, 11:12 PM 

ARthur yu em ori mangi ya...em bai kisim pm stret..

i support him

Respond to this message   
Ipmend

See the difference between the shadow and the tree

April 26 2011, 1:55 PM 

Hela Pride/Simbu Rocks;

Obviously your one-liners are not only trifle but it portrays how credulous you are. Let me make something very simple and clear for you two:

1. Hela Pride, Iambake Okuk was and will be one of the very few truely visionary leaders this country was so fortunate to have. Unfortunately, we lost him prematurely before his time. Okuk's spirit still lives among us because he made significant positive and tangible to this country during the formative years and his legacies still remain today. The first fleet of Air Niugini DASH 7 which is still used today, the Okuk Highway connecting the highlands region with the coast and sealing of the Okuk highway are among his legacies.
It is complete eyewash for you to be comparing Anderson Agiru or Arthur Somare with Okuk.

Southern Highland Province had been the engine room driving the economy of this country over the last 10-12 years so tell me one thing that we can remember Mr. Agiru by? Is it the Gulf Southern Highlands Highway? Is it the Tari International Airport? Is it sealing of the Mendi to Tari highway? If you want to make a point, then make it definite and concrete and interesting so that readers can bite into it and perhaps take you seriously.

You say he is a smart guy; - well, half of the office space in the INFAMOUS Agiru Centre has been defunct and idle since it was completed . Why? Because there is no one to use the office space. There has been no economic activity in Mendi, business have been moving out or closing down.
Based on current rates of construction, that is about K15million flushed down the drain. Pretty smart economic decision for a smart economist/accountant to build a 7 storey building only to let it sit there collecting dust huh?

If Iambake Okuk was still alive today, he undoubtedly would have come up with some much better terms for the LNG deal than your so called "potential pm" did. As patience personified as Iambake Okuk was and skillful in negotiations and human relations as he was, he would have ensured all checklists were properly ticked off so that the end result was a WIN-WIN for the investors, the various landowner groups and the country as a whole.
Whether you potential pm’s did a good job, I am not going to speculate because I think the writing is already on the wall.

So please, see the difference between oranges and apples.

2. Let me define in very simple terms what the term “Visionary Leadership” means.

i)Visionary Leaders are Transformational - they demonstrate honesty, integrity and trustworthiness. They are role models and can be trusted to do the right thing by their people.

ii)Visionary Leaders are Inspirational - they provide inspiration, positive direction and vision which motivate and encourage their people to be adequate and independent and look beyond the activities of today and tomorrow. They create a future of hope and prosperity for their people.

iii)Visionary Leadership foster Creativity and Innovation - they encourage their people to be creative and innovate and to challenge their own boundaries and limits. They provide the environment and create the opportunities so that their people can look for novel solutions to solve problems.

iv)Visionary Leaders foster Open Participation - they foster transparency and open participation on issues of public interest. They emphasize and identify with their people. They CHOOSE to walk with the people.

It is an abomination to label these two as visionary, much less ideal for the country’s top job.

Character is like a tree and reputation and popularity like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it while the tree is the real thing.

Be sure to distinguise the two.

Respond to this message   
Hela pride

use whats available

April 26 2011, 3:04 PM 

My dear brother, Iombakey okuk is a great man of his time but he is not alive anymore...we are not gonna reincarnate him to come back and help us develop png.

We are merely talking about what is currently available (the leaders). so lets not focus on whats happened in the past but look at how we can better our future starting today while learning from the expereinces from the past..from such leaders as iombabey okuk.

i am merely making the statement because both leaders are able to gather support from the other MPs. they are both capable.....wait wait before yu draw conclusion!! I AM NOT SAYING THEY ARE PERFECT..

But they are capable and are able to be good pm of png.

arthurs NA Combined with Agirus URP will have more than enough to form governmnent.however, NA mps will not want arthur to be PM thus agiru will be PM and arthur deputy...making NA coalition partner...All of this is on the hypothetical belief that Somare steps down.

PNG politics will be stable as Agiru will hold together the highlands mps like ipatas and many more..and alos half of URP mps are from chimbu and goroka..While arthur will hold together mps from the coastal regions starting from sepik to the NGI to southern region. thus, with the two guys contolling government it will be steady and progressive.

Arthur somare, though some of u dont like him, is a very very smart person. all the decisions that old somare made regarding politics was through arthur..he is well educated and has the experience to lead the nation...he can negotiate with international peole as well as make sure png is well on the right track.

agiru too, is capable of being a good PM.He has got the ability to influence and organise mps from different background and political standings.he is strict money controller too.you will never hear in southern highlands or any part of PNG that he has given out cash donations to any one..evrything is CCOUNTED FOR...

having said the above, i think all of you have an idea of where am coming from...my perspective of why i think the two guys should be PM of The Independent state of papua new guinea!!!!!

Respond to this message   
hela

Agiru or Somare will NOT be PM - both are failures

April 26 2011, 4:08 PM 

i don't think either Anderson Agiru or Arthur Somare have the people's style-leadership quality and leadership WISDOM to be the next PM. there are points of the argument;

1. LNG should not be the talk of the day to praise leaders because both leaders in one way or the other have fail the resource owners on a CHEAP TAG. the deals that has been executed with the developers and financiers to develop the LNG project is still under question and not in the best interest of the Hela resource owners and the country. despite Mr Agiru been the governor of SHP he fail to address the Hela resource owners issue effectively.

2. as a governor of SHP, Mr Agiru fail in his leadeship to deliver and sustain developments in SHP. many development projects (shools, hospitals, health centres, roads etc..) are still in very bad condition. Mendi town is in a bad shape and government buildings are breaking apart. when his leadership doesnt shown practical side of maintaining and sustaining basic services, how can you expect him to run the nation of 6.6 million people.

3. mr Somare fail the people of Angoram of not bring tangible service development to his electorate for the last 15 years. the basic essential services (schools, health services, roads,etc..)are in a very bad conditions. even, the Angoram district headquater is running dry with buildings breaking apart. how can you promote and worship him to be the next PM when his very own people are dying of not accessing better developmental services???

4. the deals executed by Mr Somare to source external funds to finance the LNG project is less transparent and in question. who will benefit most in LNG project during the lifespan of the project? will be the resource owners? will be Mr Somare? will be Mr Agiru? will be the middlemen and external financiers?

Both mr Agiru and mr Somare are NOT capable, incompetent and lack of leadership qualities and wisdom to be PM of the country.

WHO become the next PM for Papua New Guinea and beyond after the 2012 National General Election lies with the Political Party that has the highest number is winning seats in the coming election. Many people (80%) of the country's population doesn't like NA (and its current regime) of how it run the affairs of the country. the country's population is aiming to change the current regime in the coming election.

current political leaders like Sam Abel, Sam Basil, Gabriel Kapris, Powes Parkop, Dr Bob Danaya, Dr Puka Temu, and many others are likely potentials to be the next Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea comes 2012. but again, it heavily depends of which political party score the highest winning seats in the coming election. only that will determine who will be the next PM.

Sam Abel is currently the only outstanding Highlands Political figure capable to become the next Papua New Guinea Prime Minister. He has all the qualities and wisdom of leadership found in him.

Sam Basil is a young first time politician but been so vocal on national issues to promote accountabilities, transparencies and fight corruptions in delivering basic services to the people. Mr Basil has done alot for his Bulolo electorate in delivering services in the last couple of years.

Powes Parkop has display his type of leadership by transforming the Capital of Papua New Guinea into better shape compared to 10 years back. His Social Democratic Party looks to make a good run in the coming election.

Respond to this message   
hela

Agiru or Somare will NOT be PM - both are failures

April 26 2011, 4:09 PM 

Respond to this message   
Hela pride

Without jealousy they will be PM!!

April 26 2011, 4:53 PM 

If people werent jealous and stopped defaming people then when yu look carefull enaf they are gonna become pm...thats for sure.

Respond to this message   
antz

Re: use whats available

June 1 2011, 3:43 PM 

@Hela Pride. You cannot keep a rotten tomatoe and hope that it gets fresh again. Once its rotten you have to get rid of it. Likewise your argument about your two circus freaks being capable is laughable and is entirely based on speculations and sadly I must admit, emotions. If you do not know how to argue your point then I suggest you stop pretending to be the political strategist you are not and admit that the previous postings against you are spot on and infact true.

Respond to this message   

Re: Agiru PM???

June 8 2011, 8:57 PM 

Hela pride,

how do you expect Agiru to be PM when he is loosing Governor?

Buddy, don't ******** around here. Hela pride, what makes you real hela pride? Agiru?? You've got to be kidding don't you?

We the people of Hela know that Agiru is a governer who is good at talking and braining washing with his marked artful subtlety and deceptiveness.
who Executs with exhibiting ingenuity. He is Delicately pleasing; pretty and cute: a cunning pet who is skilled in deception; guile and dexterity!

Isn't he the guy that came for election with Jesus picture on his poster and brainwashed all Hela and SHP mankind with decieving speaches like telling them that he would build SHP Super highway; a kind of highway that never being build in PNG:
Tari International hospital; Tari international Airport....damn, all ********!!
when is he doing building them? when is he upholding them with action?

Hela People are fed up with him; he is never winning the election.

Mendi is now Ghost town; Southern highlands dropped dramatically despite all minerals reputation as far as basic servises are concerned; one example, shouthern highlands schools ranked last in the country you know it, thats his fruit!! Pregnant mothers are dying on the road while on their search of health services in hagen and Lae and so on..,

Hela Igini like me and many more have being thrown out and wouldn't accept our transfere or what ever from every schools in other parts of country and many more you name it.... I tell you, Agiru failed!!!!! I am agirus victim!!Agiru is answerable and responsible of all the chaotic situation in Hela and SHP!

If thats the sort of guy he is, How do you expect Agiru to become prime minister with such reputation that he is a kind of governoer that cannot even build small partways and flower garden at his own backyard? How do you expect this danmed chiefly concerned with own interest, advantage, etc..to wealth accumulation who has total exclusion of the interests of SHP and Hela humanity; who is characterized by self-interest and self-centered, greedy, invisionary and corrupted to do big thing at PM level for the country?

I tell you, only person like you will vote him becouse the plate of rice you eat from his wife Kethy Enda kakaraya, not we the Hela people!

Tell your boss that three things he needs to do before if he wants to become PM!

1) Change his self gaining and wealth accumulation oriented mindset to cater for the kids and people who are suffering.

2) If he can persuade people of hela: tell him to come and build tari international hospital; Tari international airport; Mendi kopiago Super highway and so on that he preaches around. If he can do this with in these remaining months before election then that will definately change our mind set and prove him that he is the man of action!! otherwise, if he doesn't do that, remember: people will stand up when he tell them to sit down which they do even during the rain before and you know what will hapen next? he will recieve stone lioke he did with all other government deligation even with Somare in Tari when they were there for Hela province opening ceremony!

3) tell him to win the election for 2012 hela governor!

otherwise, if he can't do this; tell him to go and start up business with his wife with peoples billion kina he has being stealing and only wish to be prime minister!!

Agiru Government Victim- Hela Igini school boy!!

Respond to this message   
Skywalker

Re: Agiru PM???

June 15 2011, 5:04 AM 

polye and duma deserved it...and the sacking was longtime in coming....duma went because agiru planned it and made it work in using abal to sack duma....abal and polye have their difference but the main force is Ipatas!! ipatas hates polye as enga was supposed to be the block base of his peoples party but polye took all the MPs from their and gave it to the sepiks in NA thats why Ipatas strategised to finish him before 2012. Mind you ipatas and abal have srtong relations.

But we should be aware of is the threat of URP in 2012....Agiru Is a master strategist and has managed to break down NA's stability from within...his party is the second larget, have the key ministries and he himself is worth billions plus all the funds and businesses from PNGLNG will support his party well....come 2012, mark my words, anderson Pawa Agiru will be the prime minister of Papua new guinea

Respond to this message   
ManMountain

April 25 2011, 11:41 PM 

One of the greatest leaders to ever walk the face of this earth and is still alive today said:

“I always remember the axiom: a leader...is like a shepherd. He stays behind the flock, letting the most nimble go out ahead, whereupon the others follow, not realizing that all along they are being directed from behind”. Nelson Mandela, The President.

That is such a leader President Mandela is, with a vision and faith that is unshakeable, after 30 years of prison, nothing changed him. Ghandi was another such great leader.

In PNG if we need to bring change for the good of “THE PEOPLE”, we need a good Sheppard who lets his sheep go ahead of him. Puts their interests first before his.

I don’t think Snr Somare or Arthur Somare or Anderson Aigiru possess that quality...if we allow them to continue rule, our people will suffer much.

People coming close to it are people like Biri Kimisopa, Sam Abel, to some extent Luther Wenge, others are there as MP’s for their own selfish interests.

ManMountain

Respond to this message   
ManMountain

April 25 2011, 11:42 PM 

I should include Sam Basil with Biri Kimisopa.

Respond to this message   
Meri Wau

Wenge?

April 26 2011, 9:24 AM 

Are you serious?The one who leads us will have to be someone who can garner the support of other elected MP's and it seems to me that Wenge is a one man band.I also feel that Powes Parkop,whilst doing a great job as NCD Governor,doesn't seem to have the support of other MPs for whatever reason and instead seems to be surrounded by opportunists and political hopefuls.There are men who can lead and men who are better being led by others.
Perhaps someone can enlighten me as to why Parkop doesn't seem to have much support amongst other MPs as I see him as a very decent man and a goood leader?

Respond to this message   
Naiko

Re: Wenge?

April 26 2011, 10:05 AM 

I can see some good people putting their hands up like Peter Donigi and Illa Geno.
What I cannot get is why can't they all work together for the common good of PNG people under one political party banner?

I see Powes Parkop and even Sam Basil in the same category, I hope these leaders can put their minnow differences (if any) aside and work together!

I will gladly get on their political band wagon as financial supporter-TIME FOR CHANGE!

Respond to this message   
PNG Futurist

Leadership Crisis

April 26 2011, 5:27 PM 

All,

This discussion has highlighted that there is a national leadership crisis in Papua New Guinea. There is no true leader that we see in the horizon after the Chief.

This is a result of the type of politics that NA has wrought about over the last 8 years. In the past, there were strong leaders on both sides of the floor - Wingti, Sir J, Sir Mekere. Now NA has dominated and leaders with potential have been subverted & greed and self interest has come to the fore.

The current ones that have been mentioned: Powes, Basil, Kimesopa etc are nice guys however I don't see them as having the influence and killer instinct to make the power plays in the national level. You need a powerful person who dominates everyone else. This is the leadership reality in Papua New Guinea. Rational decision making just does not work.

This can be an opportunity in disguise - commeth the hour, commeth the man!

There may be someone who is destined but fate has not revealed him yet.

We can only watch & wait. Else, prepare for the dark ages,a state of chaos where everyone in Parliment will be scambling for what they can get. Constitution will be subverted.

Respond to this message   
Hela pride

png futurist yu right!

April 26 2011, 6:08 PM 

bro i think what yu is really right..

trupla toktok stret!

Respond to this message   
Ipili Paiela Electorate (new) Enga

RYL

June 15 2011, 1:36 AM 

Yes brats I agree with you, some body much nationalistic and Political threat free person is preparing for 2012 but it depends on the people from which ever electorate he is contesting for? He is rating same as Mr.Kimisopa,they have a similar personal values,both are visionary leaders and unarguable and spotless leadership qualities, and they are Prime Minister Material but fact is that they are not in the Parliament, people from their electorates are going to make the final say. they both yes yes and no no men when it comes to make a final decision. they both are very decisive leaders,both have high regards of family values. Above all they are both also God fearing leaders.

while, I don't want to leave the readers with the clouded minds who that person is,but let me mention his name. he is the son of the founding father of Apostolic church in the Highlands and his father spread the gospel and plant more churches in New Guinea Islands, he is called Mr.Robert Yanch Lepatu, the son of Ps.Yanch Lepatu.Fello country brothers and sisters just keep your ears and eyes open for his Policies in 2012 and He is the Party Leader for the Christian Democratic Party. He is Origionally from Laiagam-Lagaip/Porgera Electorate in Enga Province.

Respond to this message   
ManMountain

April 27 2011, 3:48 AM 

if i had the money, some influence n resources i would bring all the like minded people like Basil, Moroi, Kimisopa, Geno, Powes, DPM Sam, Dr Marat together for wirlwind trip around the provinces, let them meet the people as a team. Conduct a pool and show them that they need to come together to change the nation, forget current political affiliations, regionalism etc.

Only God has all these things, I pray.

ManMountain

Respond to this message   

hey

April 27 2011, 9:51 AM 

;

Respond to this message   
hey

manmountain yu right

April 28 2011, 10:59 PM 

yeah thats true only god has all these things and he alone will deliver png from this madness

Respond to this message   
likemind

Amen

May 13 2011, 3:55 PM 

AMEN TO THAT

Respond to this message   
wigman

time for change

May 16 2011, 8:47 AM 

people its just time for change.

Respond to this message   
Sir MM.

May 16 2011, 9:49 AM 

Sir Mekere Morauta, the country's economy life saver. he's been there, done that.

Respond to this message   
JT

Amen

May 16 2011, 2:25 PM 

Amen to that.
Sir Mek, is by far the only capable guys to lead PNG.

cheer
JT

Respond to this message   
Kakaruk

Re: Amen

May 16 2011, 2:28 PM 

He can't even lead Moresby North-West. Powes sealed our road at Toliman circuit recently. Mekere bulshit stap. Ol puppet blo Aust nambaut ya noken larim ol kamap bos blo PNG.

Respond to this message   
Watcher

Anderson Agiru & Arthur Somare - not national leaders

May 16 2011, 4:13 PM 

Olgeta, Why are we even debating this point. Look at both individuals now. Anderson is not in control of the URP. William Duma has outplayed him to gain control of this party.

Arthus Somare is not in control of NA. There are more stronger players there who don't recognise his leadership.

If they both cannot control and be recognised as outright leaders in their respective parties, how can they even dream of becoming PM??

Whoever will be PM will be clearly recognised as the one and only true leader. It will be with no doubt. Tok indai long hia so yumi move igo long ol narapela productive discussions!!!!

Respond to this message   
Ipmend

We will move forward WITHOUT NA!

May 16 2011, 11:24 PM 

Watcher, wanbel in saying this topic is not worth a penny. There are other issues with substance that will move us forward that are worth people's time and effort.

If it was in another country such as the US or Australian or NZ, Agiru and Arthur would not even make it to the electoral registory, much less become an MP. We want to get out of this rutt we've been put in by this corrupt and confused government going into 2012.

Speaking about Arthur and Agiru is not helping this course, even by one bit.

Ipmen

Respond to this message   
laimaas

May 17 2011, 2:38 PM 

guys, we need a total change in politics. Fair enough they may project to be good leaders but must put the people and country first before their pockets. We need to weed out corruption, if both can do that and be transparent, then by all means give them a chance. The big question is... What makes you think they are not??

Respond to this message   
JT

To Liamans

May 23 2011, 9:11 AM 

There is nothing politically wrong about both of them. However, I seriously doubht both leaders can pass the ethical and moral standard local papua new guineas expect of leaders. That by fair I think leaders to be PM must posess to rule this county.

Respond to this message   
eilkjd

jt????

June 8 2011, 9:30 PM 

and what qualities would you expect????

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Let ARTHUR or AGIRU be PM!!!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board