<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board  

IS WINGTI COMING BACK IN 2012 ???

August 25 2011 at 4:02 PM
Nationalist 

Guys - do you think Mr. Paias Wingti is coming back ? I heard that he was behind the scenes in the fall of the last NA government - Plus 2 PDM Members have been given key Ministries (Police - Internal Security & Communications). Is the a sign of his influence and Do the people of WHP want him to come back not only as Governor but into the National Political Stage? ....Constructive Comments and Critics Please ...no dirty stuff..Thankyou

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Golden boi

Re: IS WINGTI COMING BACK IN 2012 ???

August 25 2011, 4:09 PM 

He learnt in his last term that he didn't even have to live in PNG to serve as MP. If the people of WHP are stupid enough to want an absentee member, then they should go for it. He'll be laughing his head off.

Respond to this message   
Jika

Wingti is gone

August 25 2011, 9:42 PM 

Please talk about new blood and leadership, Wingti had his days; for the good or worse.Let him retire himself with his loot from politics. He is the only ex-prime minister that hibernates when he is in opposition or has list his seat. Just as much as there is no Wingti feature in Hagen to show, where else in PNG did he impact like Sir Rabbie, Julius Chan etc. Wingti disguises himself and pops up an opportunist despite being the PM for PNG at some stage? He has not presented himself a model for the younger generation mentoring in ethics, business, family life, academic excellence etc. So do you think he has anything to offer apart from aggressive monotonous politics? May he RIP!

Kang Nenggs

Respond to this message   
Eh Kupa

Tru

August 26 2011, 8:53 AM 

Jika,

That is very true. Other past PM's like Sir Rabbie are very good examples to the younger generation by involving in community service as well as in business which we learn off and the younger generation admire their continued service.
Wingti wasn't a public servant or private sector worker serving his country faithfully and then served in politics, the Hagen people sent him in straight to politics even before finishing his studies at Uni. Since then, Wingti was aggressively dominant in politics, surprisingly "taught"the likes of Skates, Agiru, Ipatas etc his cunning ways who now live like him. And when he was in opposition, he was silent useless, only looking for opportunities to topple government than providing alternate leadership like good opposition leaders would do. So to me, he is reduntant, usless old fart that needs no mention amongst the younger generation. Let new blood rise and represent WHP and PNG.

I kandah

Respond to this message   
JIGS KALAKAI

WINGTI FOR WHP, 2012

August 27 2011, 2:22 PM 

In the last 10 years, (2002 to current), none of the MPs from the Highlands had shown to be mentally strong politically. None of them stood out to exhibit strong and decisive leadership. Pais Wingti was the person who would have provided the strong and decisive leadership if he had gotten voted as the Provincial Member/Governor for Western Highlands in 2002 and 2007 national elections.

When Wingti was the Provincial Member/Governor, he had alot of good projects implemented for WHP, notably Rehabilitation of Coffee farming, new classroom buildings, new staff houses and new dormitories for schools, new buildings for health centres, rural hospitals and aidposts, rehabilitation of existing health and education facilities and roads and bridges. He implemented these Projects not only for Hagen Central but for all the electorates, inclusive of very remote locations like Kol and Tabibuga in Jimi, Mt Au in East Kambia, Kotna in Dei Council, Ruti and Kiyaimanda in Baiyer, Kerepia in Tambul and Nondugl and Sigmil at the eatern border. The Western Highlands Provincial Government, headed by Wingti, had an Engineering Division that was well funded and adequately staffed by professional technical personnel who actually planned, tendered and managed execution of the various projects successfully. All such positive developments have been minimal or none at all in the last 10 years! What a shame!

At the national level, Wingti is very strong mentally, he exhibits very strong and decisive leadership and he is very influential in toppling governments and forming governments. He is a Prime Minister candidate, no doubt! In the last 10 years, there was no one like Wingti who could change governments so we had to live suffering with a government that was so dominant and controlled by only one Party, though it had been a coalition government up until the 2nd August 2011 when The O'Neil/Namah goverment came to be.

So for Western Hioghlands to progress and for the good of the rest of the country, Pais Wingti is the man that all Western Highlanders should vote for in 2012 national elections.

Just my thoughts based on my observations, comments are welcomed on this board.

Regards,
Jigs Kalakai @ Wara Kala, Mt Hagen

Respond to this message   
From where came Wingti's wealth?

WINGTI FOR BOMANA PRISON, 2012

September 5 2011, 7:22 AM 

But Paias Wingti is corrupt. Let's start by figuring out how this guy gets so rich so fast, just from owning trade stores and shares in companies. No one else following that pathway possibly gets that wealthy. How does Wingti?

Ripping off customers by excessive high prices, however, is of course, a common means of getting rich off trade stores.

Let's make a list of just what investments Wingti is known to have so we can get to the bottom of this strange puzzle of overnight wealth.

Respond to this message   
I fear Wingti is coming back in 2012 !

Re: Wingti is gone

August 27 2011, 2:06 PM 

You are right and yes he has been silent BUT cunning he is and there is so much evidence of his handy-work in the current political circles and the toppling of the NA govenment. He has the money and connections not only in PNG but internationally. So I think if there was one time for him to push to get back, 2012 would be the time. So I agree with you that eventhough he should not come back, my fear is that in our haste to prevent him from winning this coming election - we will facilitate his comeback. It needs planning because he will throw everything to come back. Plus remember - PDM now has the Police Ministry (if it a coincidence ?) going into the election which was a big disadvantage in the last election where NA played his down-fall using the Police force. I dont support him BUT I feel that he is setting the mechanics and the stage very well for his comeback. He wont fade away in the minds of WHP people that easily. Especially when they compare him to the current clown Governor we have now.Thats not helping one bit.Current Governor is spending alot of time talking about PLANNING and VISIONS but nothing tangible ...lets elect a good leader and servant to manage WHP and who can also impact the National Political scene.......just my thoughts. Over to you all.

Respond to this message   
JIGS KALAKAi

WINGTI FOR WHP, 2012

August 27 2011, 2:25 PM 

In the last 10 years, (2002 to current), none of the MPs from the Highlands had shown to be mentally strong politically. None of them stood out to exhibit strong and decisive leadership. Pais Wingti was the person who would have provided the strong and decisive leadership if he had gotten voted as the Provincial Member/Governor for Western Highlands in 2002 and 2007 national elections.

When Wingti was the Provincial Member/Governor, he had alot of good projects implemented for WHP, notably Rehabilitation of Coffee farming, new classroom buildings, new staff houses and new dormitories for schools, new buildings for health centres, rural hospitals and aidposts, rehabilitation of existing health and education facilities and roads and bridges. He implemented these Projects not only for Hagen Central but for all the electorates, inclusive of very remote locations like Kol and Tabibuga in Jimi, Mt Au in East Kambia, Kotna in Dei Council, Ruti and Kiyaimanda in Baiyer, Kerepia in Tambul and Nondugl and Sigmil at the eatern border. The Western Highlands Provincial Government, headed by Wingti, had an Engineering Division that was well funded and adequately staffed by professional technical personnel who actually planned, tendered and managed execution of the various projects successfully. All such positive developments have been minimal or none at all in the last 10 years! What a shame!

At the national level, Wingti is very strong mentally, he exhibits very strong and decisive leadership and he is very influential in toppling governments and forming governments. He is a Prime Minister candidate, no doubt! In the last 10 years, there was no one like Wingti who could change governments so we had to live suffering with a government that was so dominant and controlled by only one Party, though it had been a coalition government up until the 2nd August 2011 when The O'Neil/Namah goverment came to be.

So for Western Hioghlands to progress and for the good of the rest of the country, Pais Wingti is the man that all Western Highlanders should vote for in 2012 national elections.

Just my thoughts based on my observations, comments are welcomed on this board.

Regards,
Jigs Kalakai @ Wara Kala, Mt Hagen

Respond to this message   
Wingti is a symbol for corruption

Re: WINGTI FOR WHP, 2012

August 27 2011, 5:15 PM 

The problem is, Paias Wingti is a crook. He and Julius Chan secretly sent their fortunes overseas just before they devaluated the kina in the mid 1990's. Every other Papua New Guimean found their expenses going up with the devaluation, while Chan and Wingti made big money.

Paias Wingti was infamous for his sexual exploits. It didn't matter if he was married or not, we read his name in the newspapers for having picked up prostitutes in Brisbane. Not a very good role model for our kids, huh? Paias Wingti, the immoral womanizer!

I don't care how many services they provide, so long as we call ourselves Christians we must stop accepting "cargo" as an excuse to elect unethical leaders. I don't see unethical people like Wingti lasting for long as leaders of any developed country. It doesn't matter how much cargo they throw at people, the nambawan quality has to be honesty.

Pais Wingti is not an honest person. Worse, he basically spits in our faces by living in Australia while he serves PNG. IT's like he's telling us, "I don't think PNG is fit for me to live in".

How do you think Wingti got so filthy rich in such a very short time? Elsewhere in the world, there's only 2 ways it happens: Either the person comes up with some really amazing new invention that everyone has to have, and thus generates giant profits. OR the person cheats others, either through overpricing of goods, or stealing money in other ways.

No honest businessman with mediocre inventions and ideas would have ever made the money Paias Wingti did in such a short time. He obviously achieved his success through unethical means.

God help Paias Wingti.

Respond to this message   
WINGTI IS COMING BACK - 2011

Re: WINGTI FOR WHP, 2012

August 29 2011, 2:32 PM 

This is EXACTLY what they said 10 years ago and look what happened ? No development as a result and not even any sign of leadership at the Highlands or National Level. If you say he is corrupt, why not have him investigated and locked up? The rest of WHP has suffered because of the "free-handout" mentality the Hagen Centrals had with high hope of free money being dished out to them when Wingti was in power. Unfortunately this did not happen and you guys started to say EXACTLY what you have said and over-threw him. Well what has his succesors done? Big Plans, Big Talk, Hire Cars to Tribesmen, etc. Its an utter disgrace at the moment. Wingti is coming back to take control of the Country and will implement some of the Key policies that he had initiated ...."FREE EDUCATION" does that ring a bell? Well thats his policy and he will be riding home to victory on the back of this PLUS others. We dont need clowns to represent WHP. We need someone who can have an impact and who can change the tide - something which we have been struggling to do under the Somare Reign until recently - it all started from the voting of the Governor General (PDM) ...does that ring another bell ...look closer as the stage is set and the time is right for Mr. Wingti to come back in 2012. And lets not line up Clowns to challenge him please - its an embarasment. Plus you talk about prostitutes ,,, thats a cheap one - look around POM and see all the VX and hotel rooms. You saying all other Pollies are holy ? Lets stick to what matters and impacts greater than all these petty issues coz firstly, its not proven he stole money and you don't expect a PM to be holy without blemish.

Respond to this message   
Wingti malgal

Not interested

August 29 2011, 5:17 PM 

Why is there pockets of day dreamers wishing of Wingti to return when the guy knows deep in his heart that the WH people dumped him twice, in the face of rival eyes in the likes of Somare and other ex-pms. He made a major impact and instead of sending him back with landslide victories, the petty jealous, proud ego filled Hageners dumped him in preference of a lonely missionary and a 'street mangi' student activist! What a humiliation that was and Wingti tried to fight the win on the courts but was unsuccessful. Now look at the results of such choice by the Hageners. Hagen has gone to the dogs!

So in all fairness, it's better Wingti enjoys his life at the Gold Coast and receive and attend to his medical condition than to be treated the same or worse by the WHighlanders!

Eh manda ku

Respond to this message   
Wake Up !

Re: Not interested

August 29 2011, 5:48 PM 

I agree - Hagener are Ego filled but have never proven anything to match what Wingti did. They offered alternatives in a form of a church-worker and a street mangi student and yes WHP has been dogs-meat ever since. What were we thinking ? Ego filled Hageners who think of themselves but got nothing to offer as an alternative... Its sick ...Hagen City is like the Public Toilets ! Its a sick and sad case ...Wake Up please ! If you don't have an alternative, bring Wingti back in 2011 ...otherwise may the circus continue with different Clowns taking centre stage.

Feed Up and Ashamed.

Respond to this message   
Nebileye Hooks

August 29 2011, 6:01 PM 

This old fart that you are preaching about is outdated! I would flush him to the toilets!

I am for young bloods like Olga who seems to be performing now. Go for it, Olga!

Respond to this message   
young who

seems to be performing

August 29 2011, 7:18 PM 

If Olga "seems to be performing" then he has not performed. so maybe you don't know exactly what is happening!!

Respond to this message   
lazarith

Re: seems to be performing

August 29 2011, 7:52 PM 

I'd say most people on this board are ignorant about the leaders that they support. Funny!!!!

Respond to this message   
Jigs Kalakai

WINGTI WILL BE BACK IN 2012 FOR BIG TIME

August 31 2011, 11:34 PM 

Wingti will win Election 2012 for WHP Provincial Seat, and he is going for the CEO seat in the National Parliament! No cheaper, No lower!

We all Western Highlanders just have to vote Wingti back into Parliament, otherwise, Mt Hagen City will turn into another "Baruni Dump." And there will be total break down in all services and infrastructure all over the Province.

Tingin gut na vote in 2012.

Kandah!
Jigs Kalakai @ Wara Kala, Mt Hagen.

Respond to this message   
Secret Admirer

Paias Wingti is the perfect leader, best in PNG history

September 2 2011, 10:00 PM 

Why would anyone want an absentee governor again? Let Paias continue his retirement in Brisbane off ill gotten blood money.

Respond to this message   
Mogs

performing??

September 9 2011, 4:43 PM 

performing?? please provide a list of the things Olga implemented. I keep hearing about visions and dreams about this and that. And Olga keeps handing out/commiting money to various organisations or communities he goes to. Where does this money come from and should the money be better presented in forms of infrastructures?

Respond to this message   
BOLT

WINTI & OLGA BRIEFCASE CARRIERS

October 1 2011, 10:07 PM 

There is so much patronising of Winti and Olga by some BIRD BRAINS I really should like to call them brief case carriers without looking around to see what developement agendas these two have put in place for the Province. These two cannot think constructively and bring any form of developement that is fitting for the people of WHP who are naturally gifted with politics and commerce. To date we have survived on our own sweat.

Wingti, the flamboyant playboy has been building his own empire and offering lip services ever since he became govenor. He once made a bold statement that Hagen will be no. 2 Cairns, where is it now. Very cunning and dangerous,he has a taste for his supporters wives, roots them behind their back. When he was PM and then govenor any western highlander who was going to suceed in business or a profession was a threat to him and he made sure they fell. Thats who he is and that was his ultimate downfall. Looking closely he does not hold a university degree, no formal employment in the private or public sector... simply put, no management and strategic planning qualification....so how could he think and manage strategically for Western highlands. NONE.

As for OLGA...he is a con artist and similarly he also does not hold a university degree, no formal employment in the private or public sector. The best he can do is go around and do ground breakings and that is all he can do, nothing further. The next best thing he can do is empty the provincial coffers while he can with hire cars that are seen on the road 24/7 to keep his meli and nengas happy. He could not manage the province without any formal management qualifications....the plan he launced was a cut and paste from a template John Piel provided the provincial administration.

I guess it is time now for western highlanders to vote in someone with merit so we see some real developement. There are a few proffessionals puting their hands up so choose carefully. Take for example Gabriel Pepson, a career diplomat and distingushed Head of Department with alot of corporate management skills. Take Professor Nongorr. I need not expolain his career and profession. Take John Piel, a certified chartered accountant and auditor. Is a Lead Consultant to AusAid and PNG Government on PNG Incentive Funds management. Has planned and delivered the Hagen Market, Kudjip Hospital, Notre Dame High School, Hagen Hospital Morgue, only to name a few of the projects he has planned, sourced funding and delivere for a total value of K37 million. Who among Wingti or Olga has delivered such tangible projects worth 37 mill? None.

So to sum it up, I find it difficult to understand Western Highlanders, who are supposed to be more intelligent that the rest of PNG could vote in college drop outs like Winti and Olgo and expect developement? no no no.... Crazy are'nt we?

Respond to this message   
Tambul Wanop Gomo..

October 3 2011, 2:01 PM 

Who is the leader now????...Its not Tom Olga oh who ever..when i go home for breaks,folks back in the village normaly say that why did Wingti lost in the election??? thats their question i hears from them..now people are trying to put Wingti back to the office..
no offense but Olga is not capable to maintain the pride and dignity of WH.within these 5 years,i cant see or heard any major services or developments from Olga..the subsidy was given just this year and what about the previous years.this should have been implemented if he thinks that thats one of his major policies..
No wonder why,,majority are for Wingti..
Especially my old folks in the community heard of Wingti but they dont heard of any other politicians,,,Wingti is terribly missed by old people regardless of what mistakes and missing in actions,,he is the man,,thats what i heard from old bombs in my community,,and this may apply to other places in the province as well.

Come back Wingti,,you are missed..
Tambul Ice Kangom..

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 56 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board