<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board  

IS WINGTI COMING BACK IN 2012 ???

August 25 2011 at 4:02 PM
Nationalist 

Guys - do you think Mr. Paias Wingti is coming back ? I heard that he was behind the scenes in the fall of the last NA government - Plus 2 PDM Members have been given key Ministries (Police - Internal Security & Communications). Is the a sign of his influence and Do the people of WHP want him to come back not only as Governor but into the National Political Stage? ....Constructive Comments and Critics Please ...no dirty stuff..Thankyou

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Golden boi

Re: IS WINGTI COMING BACK IN 2012 ???

August 25 2011, 4:09 PM 

He learnt in his last term that he didn't even have to live in PNG to serve as MP. If the people of WHP are stupid enough to want an absentee member, then they should go for it. He'll be laughing his head off.

Respond to this message   
Jika

Wingti is gone

August 25 2011, 9:42 PM 

Please talk about new blood and leadership, Wingti had his days; for the good or worse.Let him retire himself with his loot from politics. He is the only ex-prime minister that hibernates when he is in opposition or has list his seat. Just as much as there is no Wingti feature in Hagen to show, where else in PNG did he impact like Sir Rabbie, Julius Chan etc. Wingti disguises himself and pops up an opportunist despite being the PM for PNG at some stage? He has not presented himself a model for the younger generation mentoring in ethics, business, family life, academic excellence etc. So do you think he has anything to offer apart from aggressive monotonous politics? May he RIP!

Kang Nenggs

Respond to this message   
Eh Kupa

Tru

August 26 2011, 8:53 AM 

Jika,

That is very true. Other past PM's like Sir Rabbie are very good examples to the younger generation by involving in community service as well as in business which we learn off and the younger generation admire their continued service.
Wingti wasn't a public servant or private sector worker serving his country faithfully and then served in politics, the Hagen people sent him in straight to politics even before finishing his studies at Uni. Since then, Wingti was aggressively dominant in politics, surprisingly "taught"the likes of Skates, Agiru, Ipatas etc his cunning ways who now live like him. And when he was in opposition, he was silent useless, only looking for opportunities to topple government than providing alternate leadership like good opposition leaders would do. So to me, he is reduntant, usless old fart that needs no mention amongst the younger generation. Let new blood rise and represent WHP and PNG.

I kandah

Respond to this message   
JIGS KALAKAI

WINGTI FOR WHP, 2012

August 27 2011, 2:22 PM 

In the last 10 years, (2002 to current), none of the MPs from the Highlands had shown to be mentally strong politically. None of them stood out to exhibit strong and decisive leadership. Pais Wingti was the person who would have provided the strong and decisive leadership if he had gotten voted as the Provincial Member/Governor for Western Highlands in 2002 and 2007 national elections.

When Wingti was the Provincial Member/Governor, he had alot of good projects implemented for WHP, notably Rehabilitation of Coffee farming, new classroom buildings, new staff houses and new dormitories for schools, new buildings for health centres, rural hospitals and aidposts, rehabilitation of existing health and education facilities and roads and bridges. He implemented these Projects not only for Hagen Central but for all the electorates, inclusive of very remote locations like Kol and Tabibuga in Jimi, Mt Au in East Kambia, Kotna in Dei Council, Ruti and Kiyaimanda in Baiyer, Kerepia in Tambul and Nondugl and Sigmil at the eatern border. The Western Highlands Provincial Government, headed by Wingti, had an Engineering Division that was well funded and adequately staffed by professional technical personnel who actually planned, tendered and managed execution of the various projects successfully. All such positive developments have been minimal or none at all in the last 10 years! What a shame!

At the national level, Wingti is very strong mentally, he exhibits very strong and decisive leadership and he is very influential in toppling governments and forming governments. He is a Prime Minister candidate, no doubt! In the last 10 years, there was no one like Wingti who could change governments so we had to live suffering with a government that was so dominant and controlled by only one Party, though it had been a coalition government up until the 2nd August 2011 when The O'Neil/Namah goverment came to be.

So for Western Hioghlands to progress and for the good of the rest of the country, Pais Wingti is the man that all Western Highlanders should vote for in 2012 national elections.

Just my thoughts based on my observations, comments are welcomed on this board.

Regards,
Jigs Kalakai @ Wara Kala, Mt Hagen

Respond to this message   
From where came Wingti's wealth?

WINGTI FOR BOMANA PRISON, 2012

September 5 2011, 7:22 AM 

But Paias Wingti is corrupt. Let's start by figuring out how this guy gets so rich so fast, just from owning trade stores and shares in companies. No one else following that pathway possibly gets that wealthy. How does Wingti?

Ripping off customers by excessive high prices, however, is of course, a common means of getting rich off trade stores.

Let's make a list of just what investments Wingti is known to have so we can get to the bottom of this strange puzzle of overnight wealth.

Respond to this message   
I fear Wingti is coming back in 2012 !

Re: Wingti is gone

August 27 2011, 2:06 PM 

You are right and yes he has been silent BUT cunning he is and there is so much evidence of his handy-work in the current political circles and the toppling of the NA govenment. He has the money and connections not only in PNG but internationally. So I think if there was one time for him to push to get back, 2012 would be the time. So I agree with you that eventhough he should not come back, my fear is that in our haste to prevent him from winning this coming election - we will facilitate his comeback. It needs planning because he will throw everything to come back. Plus remember - PDM now has the Police Ministry (if it a coincidence ?) going into the election which was a big disadvantage in the last election where NA played his down-fall using the Police force. I dont support him BUT I feel that he is setting the mechanics and the stage very well for his comeback. He wont fade away in the minds of WHP people that easily. Especially when they compare him to the current clown Governor we have now.Thats not helping one bit.Current Governor is spending alot of time talking about PLANNING and VISIONS but nothing tangible ...lets elect a good leader and servant to manage WHP and who can also impact the National Political scene.......just my thoughts. Over to you all.

Respond to this message   
JIGS KALAKAi

WINGTI FOR WHP, 2012

August 27 2011, 2:25 PM 

In the last 10 years, (2002 to current), none of the MPs from the Highlands had shown to be mentally strong politically. None of them stood out to exhibit strong and decisive leadership. Pais Wingti was the person who would have provided the strong and decisive leadership if he had gotten voted as the Provincial Member/Governor for Western Highlands in 2002 and 2007 national elections.

When Wingti was the Provincial Member/Governor, he had alot of good projects implemented for WHP, notably Rehabilitation of Coffee farming, new classroom buildings, new staff houses and new dormitories for schools, new buildings for health centres, rural hospitals and aidposts, rehabilitation of existing health and education facilities and roads and bridges. He implemented these Projects not only for Hagen Central but for all the electorates, inclusive of very remote locations like Kol and Tabibuga in Jimi, Mt Au in East Kambia, Kotna in Dei Council, Ruti and Kiyaimanda in Baiyer, Kerepia in Tambul and Nondugl and Sigmil at the eatern border. The Western Highlands Provincial Government, headed by Wingti, had an Engineering Division that was well funded and adequately staffed by professional technical personnel who actually planned, tendered and managed execution of the various projects successfully. All such positive developments have been minimal or none at all in the last 10 years! What a shame!

At the national level, Wingti is very strong mentally, he exhibits very strong and decisive leadership and he is very influential in toppling governments and forming governments. He is a Prime Minister candidate, no doubt! In the last 10 years, there was no one like Wingti who could change governments so we had to live suffering with a government that was so dominant and controlled by only one Party, though it had been a coalition government up until the 2nd August 2011 when The O'Neil/Namah goverment came to be.

So for Western Hioghlands to progress and for the good of the rest of the country, Pais Wingti is the man that all Western Highlanders should vote for in 2012 national elections.

Just my thoughts based on my observations, comments are welcomed on this board.

Regards,
Jigs Kalakai @ Wara Kala, Mt Hagen

Respond to this message   
Wingti is a symbol for corruption

Re: WINGTI FOR WHP, 2012

August 27 2011, 5:15 PM 

The problem is, Paias Wingti is a crook. He and Julius Chan secretly sent their fortunes overseas just before they devaluated the kina in the mid 1990's. Every other Papua New Guimean found their expenses going up with the devaluation, while Chan and Wingti made big money.

Paias Wingti was infamous for his sexual exploits. It didn't matter if he was married or not, we read his name in the newspapers for having picked up prostitutes in Brisbane. Not a very good role model for our kids, huh? Paias Wingti, the immoral womanizer!

I don't care how many services they provide, so long as we call ourselves Christians we must stop accepting "cargo" as an excuse to elect unethical leaders. I don't see unethical people like Wingti lasting for long as leaders of any developed country. It doesn't matter how much cargo they throw at people, the nambawan quality has to be honesty.

Pais Wingti is not an honest person. Worse, he basically spits in our faces by living in Australia while he serves PNG. IT's like he's telling us, "I don't think PNG is fit for me to live in".

How do you think Wingti got so filthy rich in such a very short time? Elsewhere in the world, there's only 2 ways it happens: Either the person comes up with some really amazing new invention that everyone has to have, and thus generates giant profits. OR the person cheats others, either through overpricing of goods, or stealing money in other ways.

No honest businessman with mediocre inventions and ideas would have ever made the money Paias Wingti did in such a short time. He obviously achieved his success through unethical means.

God help Paias Wingti.

Respond to this message   
WINGTI IS COMING BACK - 2011

August 29 2011, 2:32 PM 

This is EXACTLY what they said 10 years ago and look what happened ? No development as a result and not even any sign of leadership at the Highlands or National Level. If you say he is corrupt, why not have him investigated and locked up? The rest of WHP has suffered because of the "free-handout" mentality the Hagen Centrals had with high hope of free money being dished out to them when Wingti was in power. Unfortunately this did not happen and you guys started to say EXACTLY what you have said and over-threw him. Well what has his succesors done? Big Plans, Big Talk, Hire Cars to Tribesmen, etc. Its an utter disgrace at the moment. Wingti is coming back to take control of the Country and will implement some of the Key policies that he had initiated ...."FREE EDUCATION" does that ring a bell? Well thats his policy and he will be riding home to victory on the back of this PLUS others. We dont need clowns to represent WHP. We need someone who can have an impact and who can change the tide - something which we have been struggling to do under the Somare Reign until recently - it all started from the voting of the Governor General (PDM) ...does that ring another bell ...look closer as the stage is set and the time is right for Mr. Wingti to come back in 2012. And lets not line up Clowns to challenge him please - its an embarasment. Plus you talk about prostitutes ,,, thats a cheap one - look around POM and see all the VX and hotel rooms. You saying all other Pollies are holy ? Lets stick to what matters and impacts greater than all these petty issues coz firstly, its not proven he stole money and you don't expect a PM to be holy without blemish.

Respond to this message   
Wingti malgal

Not interested

August 29 2011, 5:17 PM 

Why is there pockets of day dreamers wishing of Wingti to return when the guy knows deep in his heart that the WH people dumped him twice, in the face of rival eyes in the likes of Somare and other ex-pms. He made a major impact and instead of sending him back with landslide victories, the petty jealous, proud ego filled Hageners dumped him in preference of a lonely missionary and a 'street mangi' student activist! What a humiliation that was and Wingti tried to fight the win on the courts but was unsuccessful. Now look at the results of such choice by the Hageners. Hagen has gone to the dogs!

So in all fairness, it's better Wingti enjoys his life at the Gold Coast and receive and attend to his medical condition than to be treated the same or worse by the WHighlanders!

Eh manda ku

Respond to this message   
Wake Up !

Re: Not interested

August 29 2011, 5:48 PM 

I agree - Hagener are Ego filled but have never proven anything to match what Wingti did. They offered alternatives in a form of a church-worker and a street mangi student and yes WHP has been dogs-meat ever since. What were we thinking ? Ego filled Hageners who think of themselves but got nothing to offer as an alternative... Its sick ...Hagen City is like the Public Toilets ! Its a sick and sad case ...Wake Up please ! If you don't have an alternative, bring Wingti back in 2011 ...otherwise may the circus continue with different Clowns taking centre stage.

Feed Up and Ashamed.

Respond to this message   
Nebileye Hooks

August 29 2011, 6:01 PM 

This old fart that you are preaching about is outdated! I would flush him to the toilets!

I am for young bloods like Olga who seems to be performing now. Go for it, Olga!

Respond to this message   
young who

seems to be performing

August 29 2011, 7:18 PM 

If Olga "seems to be performing" then he has not performed. so maybe you don't know exactly what is happening!!

Respond to this message   
lazarith

Re: seems to be performing

August 29 2011, 7:52 PM 

I'd say most people on this board are ignorant about the leaders that they support. Funny!!!!

Respond to this message   
Jigs Kalakai

WINGTI WILL BE BACK IN 2012 FOR BIG TIME

August 31 2011, 11:34 PM 

Wingti will win Election 2012 for WHP Provincial Seat, and he is going for the CEO seat in the National Parliament! No cheaper, No lower!

We all Western Highlanders just have to vote Wingti back into Parliament, otherwise, Mt Hagen City will turn into another "Baruni Dump." And there will be total break down in all services and infrastructure all over the Province.

Tingin gut na vote in 2012.

Kandah!
Jigs Kalakai @ Wara Kala, Mt Hagen.

Respond to this message   
Secret Admirer

Paias Wingti is the perfect leader, best in PNG history

September 2 2011, 10:00 PM 

Why would anyone want an absentee governor again? Let Paias continue his retirement in Brisbane off ill gotten blood money.

Respond to this message   

performing??

September 9 2011, 4:43 PM 

performing?? please provide a list of the things Olga implemented. I keep hearing about visions and dreams about this and that. And Olga keeps handing out/commiting money to various organisations or communities he goes to. Where does this money come from and should the money be better presented in forms of infrastructures?

Respond to this message   

WINTI & OLGA BRIEFCASE CARRIERS

October 1 2011, 10:07 PM 

There is so much patronising of Winti and Olga by some BIRD BRAINS I really should like to call them brief case carriers without looking around to see what developement agendas these two have put in place for the Province. These two cannot think constructively and bring any form of developement that is fitting for the people of WHP who are naturally gifted with politics and commerce. To date we have survived on our own sweat.

Wingti, the flamboyant playboy has been building his own empire and offering lip services ever since he became govenor. He once made a bold statement that Hagen will be no. 2 Cairns, where is it now. Very cunning and dangerous,he has a taste for his supporters wives, roots them behind their back. When he was PM and then govenor any western highlander who was going to suceed in business or a profession was a threat to him and he made sure they fell. Thats who he is and that was his ultimate downfall. Looking closely he does not hold a university degree, no formal employment in the private or public sector... simply put, no management and strategic planning qualification....so how could he think and manage strategically for Western highlands. NONE.

As for OLGA...he is a con artist and similarly he also does not hold a university degree, no formal employment in the private or public sector. The best he can do is go around and do ground breakings and that is all he can do, nothing further. The next best thing he can do is empty the provincial coffers while he can with hire cars that are seen on the road 24/7 to keep his meli and nengas happy. He could not manage the province without any formal management qualifications....the plan he launced was a cut and paste from a template John Piel provided the provincial administration.

I guess it is time now for western highlanders to vote in someone with merit so we see some real developement. There are a few proffessionals puting their hands up so choose carefully. Take for example Gabriel Pepson, a career diplomat and distingushed Head of Department with alot of corporate management skills. Take Professor Nongorr. I need not expolain his career and profession. Take John Piel, a certified chartered accountant and auditor. Is a Lead Consultant to AusAid and PNG Government on PNG Incentive Funds management. Has planned and delivered the Hagen Market, Kudjip Hospital, Notre Dame High School, Hagen Hospital Morgue, only to name a few of the projects he has planned, sourced funding and delivere for a total value of K37 million. Who among Wingti or Olga has delivered such tangible projects worth 37 mill? None.

So to sum it up, I find it difficult to understand Western Highlanders, who are supposed to be more intelligent that the rest of PNG could vote in college drop outs like Winti and Olgo and expect developement? no no no.... Crazy are'nt we?

Respond to this message   
Tambul Wanop Gomo..

October 3 2011, 2:01 PM 

Who is the leader now????...Its not Tom Olga oh who ever..when i go home for breaks,folks back in the village normaly say that why did Wingti lost in the election??? thats their question i hears from them..now people are trying to put Wingti back to the office..
no offense but Olga is not capable to maintain the pride and dignity of WH.within these 5 years,i cant see or heard any major services or developments from Olga..the subsidy was given just this year and what about the previous years.this should have been implemented if he thinks that thats one of his major policies..
No wonder why,,majority are for Wingti..
Especially my old folks in the community heard of Wingti but they dont heard of any other politicians,,,Wingti is terribly missed by old people regardless of what mistakes and missing in actions,,he is the man,,thats what i heard from old bombs in my community,,and this may apply to other places in the province as well.

Come back Wingti,,you are missed..
Tambul Ice Kangom..

Respond to this message   
Secur

Wingti for WHP's Top Clown, Votim Em Long 2012.

September 1 2011, 6:26 AM 

Funny. People who demand nothing but the best in morals and ethics of their leaders still get losers on occasion, but have you noticed that in those societies (many developed countries and a lot of develping countries too), the leaders they end up with are far less likely to be found to have any moral or ethical blemishes as time passes? Just the opposite result of what we get with our own pollies.

People like you set our standards too low for our leaders and as a result our leadership is full of scumbags and spivs. Of course we should demand more of our leaders than of ourselves. They are, after all, our leaders and the representatives of how we'd like to be thought of.

No, we're not perfect and no, they're not going to be perfect either, but we could get a helluva lot better in terms of ethics and morals than Paias Wingti as a leader.

Paias Wingti became the ultimate clown when he decided to become PNG's first long distance commuter governor, flying up to PNG (at government sxpense) to do a bit of work in PNG, then flying back down to his home in Brisbane. Can you imagine - a so called nationalist and patriot who spends more time overseas than in his home country. He makes a mockery of what a truly patriotic leader is all about.

Respond to this message   
Observer

Wingti is still coming back in 2012

September 2 2011, 2:39 PM 

Good responses about Wingti either coming back or not in 2012. However importantly I know for a fact that our people back in the villages have Wingti as a house-hold name and the current Governor and late former governor didnt do alot to impact and change this mind-set of our dear people. Therefore if we do not have good alternative candidates with influence who are going in 2012, Mr. Wingti will walk back in easily. Thats the feeling back in the WHP. For good or for the worst, thats debatable but if good candidates don't make their make now, Wingti's re-entry back into Politics is non-negotiable (as it seems now) ...I'm sorry guys.

Respond to this message   
tears n mah eyes

Re: Wingti is still coming back in 2012

September 2 2011, 2:52 PM 

Our "late former governor"??????? I'm so sorry to hear this. When did he pass?

Respond to this message   
Go back to School

September 2 2011, 2:56 PM 

Read the text carefully ... its disinguishes the Current Governor and a late former governor ...geez ...het pen ya

Respond to this message   
Just return from village

September 2 2011, 3:25 PM 

Kela Wingti is coming back...intellects here in towns,cities and overseas can think otherwise..but most grassroots ..'pilim pen blo nogat wingti'...so like it or not... wingti will be back if he contest for 2012

Respond to this message   
WINGTI IS BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 2 2011, 4:34 PM 

I TOTALLY AGREE - No matter what we so called intellectuals think and all the mumbo-jumbo we write about him, villages want him back ! Em tasol and he's returning to power in 2012.

Respond to this message   

PW has nothing to offer

September 2 2011, 9:48 PM 

pw has nothing to offer and he will be a big waste of time for WHP and PNG.

Respond to this message   
my condolences

September 3 2011, 6:37 PM 

So sad to hear about that. The rest of the world will laugh again, especially at Wingti's kela head. He looks like a clown the way he's kela.

Respond to this message   
get real!

September 2 2011, 9:58 PM 

Who's gonna investigate him? He has enough money to lose any evidence against him and buy the silence of all the rest.

Respond to this message   
Jigs Kalakai

WINGTI FOR WHP, 2012

September 3 2011, 9:58 AM 

The majority of voters living in the electorates have suffered last 10 years and they have fond memories of the services they physically got in maintenance and new buildings for schools, aidposts and health centres and rehabilitation of existing roads and bridges as well, and coffee rehabilitation program called "Lukautim Kopi Na Kopi Bai Lukautim Yu", which they enjoyed when Pais Wingti was their Governor. These rural folks know deep in their minds and hearts that Wingti delivers and they will be voting for Wingti in 2012. Life has been terrible for these rural folks last 10 years without Wingti and they are not going to give him a miss in 2012.

It is anticipated some top, highly educated elites from Western Highlands will be contesting the WHP Provincial seat, but the number of elite voters in the province is far lesser than the population of voters in the rural areas. The rural population are going for Wingti in 2012.

Skelim,

Respond to this message   
optimist

September 3 2011, 10:29 AM 

What you're telling us is that there are no good people in the entire WHP and that the best even the Jigas must settle for is Wingti. That's a very sad comment on the intelligence and capability of western highlanders. Unlike you, I tend to think that there must be at least 1 or a few candidates in western highlands who aren't corrupt absentee governors like Wingti, or unethical kon artists like the rest of the candidates who so far have been put up in WHP.

Please, people. Surely you can do better than recycling the same old JUNK!!

Respond to this message   
Mangi Long Ples

September 3 2011, 1:43 PM 

Very true. But regardless the small people will vote him back Coz the so called ellites have been con men. Sorry WINGTI is going back. I don't like him too but you can't change fate.

Respond to this message   
Nenga

Pls read the body language

September 3 2011, 4:24 PM 

You guys wishing for Wingti?? Pls see the body language from the Western Highlands people. They are missing a leader they can touch, feel and be "like them" to represent them in parliament. Most Western Highlanders are some of the hard working people who strive to be competitive in anything, be it in busines, education or politics. They are simple people who have special reference for their "mang kona" (homeground) and would like to live a good life.
So to complement this they have demonstrated this in the way they have elected their regional MP. Wingti was a student in his early days talking sweet coming from a humble home in Moika so they chose him, then he turned around to be a dragon who no-one saw, touched or felt. No-one knew if he was at home, whether he had a family, whether he had a business he was proudly employing peole and paying taxes or whether he was in PNG or overseas. He was a mystery man, popping up unexpectedly. There were allegations like the downfall of the kina, siphoning of money to Caymen Islands, courting prostitutes and targeting married women etc etc. No-one knew if he had one, two or three women. He was simply untouchable!
Therefore they chose, Robert Luck, a presumably committed and ordained Catholic priest who had sworn oaths to God that would be the mirror to Wingti. The guy died, unfortunately after fighting a series of allegations like the porn movies he was said to have made. So they now opt for a simple student activist, who literally walked around, with not a single toea in his pocket. The good Western Highlanders thought, the young governor will have a governors allocated car driven by a public servant driver, where he'd take his wife and kids to the stores in Hagen and shop and spend his weekends at his Kolg village, Nenga country. But, the opposite has happened! There is a series of latest 5 door , troop carriers landcruisers with a VX as well, convoying around. No-one knows what he has done, apart from his "han mak" at Kapal house. He has literally left the province wounded!
Given this, the people are still looking for their "kind" - simple, educated, touchable, honest, happily married (one wife better), liberal christain, and above all caring and down to earth. Please read this,if you love our people and enjoy a better honest life in the best natural climate, coming to the best "food garden" at Mt Hagen market, shop at Best Buy, park your car where no rascal will open the door, access the banks without endless queues and intimidation and pocket picks, go home safely past the "Kaiwe" market, just vote the right guy or girl in 2012.

Love my home sweet home Hagen forever!

Respond to this message   
moika

Re: Pls read the body language

September 3 2011, 7:24 PM 

Wingti = junk crook.
down the toilet, flush it baby!

Respond to this message   
Kang Kupa

Body language long for Wingti

September 4 2011, 7:38 AM 

Kela Wingti is returning to power

Respond to this message   
Analyst

Reasons why Wingti will win

September 4 2011, 7:52 AM 

Many people wouldn't argue that, mate. He probably will come to power for 2 reasons: First, the average voter is a primitive cargo cultist who only supports those who give out the cargo. Secondly, the average voter maintains the primitive non-Christian mindset that corruption is unimportant, that it's okay to let leaders steal so long as the leaders share some of the loot with the people.

Jesus must cry when He sees the average voter of Western Highlands and how they assess a 'good leader'!

Respond to this message   
Blade

Re: Pls read the body language

September 4 2011, 2:55 PM 

I agree with Nenga' comments here. And this is the logic and reasoning we all think and wish would happen. But unfortunately our voters long Ples have a different way of analyzing the leaders based on other judgements and criteria. And from what I also see , most rural villagers are wanting WINGTI back for the very same reason that his alternatives Late Fr. Lak and our current Goveror ( forgot his name ) had done. So looks like WINGTI is coming back regardless of what we say UNLESS we can have a good candidate plus good awareness to change this around. Otherwise we are back to see our former PM back.

Respond to this message   
Truks

Tru, Nenga

September 4 2011, 3:36 PM 

I agree 100% Nenga's careful analysis of the intent for the Western Highlanders when choosing their governor. Please guys, despite the lack of literacy for our folks, and the bribery, manipulation tribal ego orchestrated by a few "mobile" men (we call "kumka kap" in Timboka dialect), who lure and manipulate with endless "lists" of voters in yellow envelopes congregating in small groups...they are diseased pests! If we can avoid these conmen and let the faithful, peace loving, hardworking people choose their leaders, they will deliver the answer! Someone amongst the 500k people of WHP must be the answer, we can't keep praying for a miracle! Let's do our bit and disseminate honest views of leadership, who has that real "manga rapa" and that real "paramount chieftncy" than the self proclaimed thugs and womanisers who are wrecking havoc on the public!

I still love my Hagen,home sweet home!

Truks

Respond to this message   
Hagen North

Re: Tru, Nenga

September 4 2011, 3:58 PM 

I too agree with Truks and Nenga. I'm not sure at this stage who is intending to contest the WHP Governors seat. A few names I've heard floating around are as follows. Correct me and add to the list. 1. Hon Tom Olga 2. John Piel 3. Pius Wingti 4. Wai Rapa 5. Proff. Nongorr ..... Are there any other namesso we can start seeing our potential candidates ? Thanks guys.

Respond to this message   
Not Blind

Re: Tru, Nenga

September 4 2011, 4:36 PM 

The good professor Nongggorr is an infamous womanizer.

Respond to this message   
Kanda

Take the log in your eyes

September 5 2011, 6:09 AM 

Please, be logic and respect personalities. Calling someone womaniser is a weak man's defence as most Tom Dick and Harry screw around and if you accuse someone, look into the mirror before saying coz you may well be in the team!
We are talking about what a person is made of, not how many women he has had sex with!
Kanda

Respond to this message   
Wara Kum

Re: Take the log in your eyes

September 5 2011, 6:58 AM 

Yes that's true. Lets have some constructive debate rather than attacking a persons character. The scenario of WHP will change now with Jiwaka on it's own. I therefore think if someone from the Tambul-Nebilyer side has a good chance to take out the Governors seat if there is not many candidates from there. Hagen Central is split and Mul-Baiyer-Lumusa will be any mans land. So it will be interesting.

Respond to this message   
Waki

Re: Take the log in your eyes

September 5 2011, 7:20 AM 

Stating facts and information about a candidate's life that puts them in a negative light is not name calling or character assassination. It is getting to the roots of a person's true character. Other countries pry into their leader's private lives to evaluate their true leadership abilities. It is long overdue that we do the same thing.

Respond to this message   
knightseeker

LOOK WHO's NOT KNIGHTED

September 5 2011, 11:34 AM 

Hey, kang wamp el e! LOOK WHO's NOT KNIGHTED?

The message is clear. No fool is here so don't try to convince scapers here! That is pathetic and naive. My son in grade 5 asked me, "Dad, why is Pais Wingti not knighted?"

I had no answer for him, knowing very well that a crook cannot be recognized as a national leader! He could be the leader of the few crooks in Hagen! Not PNG!

Kupa mendpeld.

Respond to this message   
Black Night

Re: LOOK WHO's NOT KNIGHTED

September 5 2011, 12:59 PM 

Yes true but ...we have knighted criminals and thiefs as well ...call them Sir, Grand, etc ...they are all the same. Not sure if not being knighted gives abit more freedom to move around and be a crook but knighted criminals are also legislating and legalizing corruption ...so a name tag ain't gonna make a difference.

Respond to this message   
em nau

September 5 2011, 1:12 PM 

I'm surprised that anyone would not immediately realise what you've just said. You said it all. All these titles are nothing more than political pats on the head. They have no bearing on actual competence.

Respond to this message   
think stret next time!

September 5 2011, 1:14 PM 

What do you mean? Sir Michael Somare is knighted and we recognize THAT Grand Thief as our national leader.

Respond to this message   
Haaa

What is it?

September 5 2011, 2:39 PM 

I laugh out my head off coz all these sirs are for the dubious people...look, Jefry Nape just got something last time and it's a huge call! Who in the right mind would think Nape is performing as a good speaker? So Paias Wingti not being knighted does not make much difference to most peoples eyes, a "sir" here is a laughing stock for the real purpose intended within the British Monachry. Plus, all the sirs are given to politicans, military and community people. There is nothing for intellectualism, inventions, creativity using the brain...no gat meanin try yah

Respond to this message   
Silliness Unlimited

Re: What is it?

September 5 2011, 2:42 PM 

Years ago, MP Angmai Bilas was actually given his knighthood for (exact words) "playing politics".

No wonder we're known as the Papa Yu Give-me banana republic!

Respond to this message   
Tru Tru !

September 5 2011, 3:23 PM 

Em nau ...Banana Republic meaning we are a bunch of Monkey's in a Banana Republic ... Ol white man save laugh long mipela ...thanks to our Ape Politicians. We can't 100% blame it on our ples people for voting them in coz they have limited education. Welcome to the Stone Ages where the King Apes rule and rampage. Gaga Gugu !

Respond to this message   
kama

September 5 2011, 6:53 PM 

I bet the two of you lack knowledge on politics. Therefore, you definition for banana republic is wrong. It refers to countries who lack a strong economic backbone such as a commodity to trade but they bluff alot and boast about a small sector of their economy (coz they got nothing else), eg; producing bananas for export. That's all and get this into your thick heads.

Wingti is a crook, anyway! I sin-binned him and flushed him down my toilet bowl. Go check Kum Sewage.

kama

Respond to this message   
?

Paias Wingti, Intending King of the PNG Banana Republic

September 5 2011, 7:08 PM 

Maybe PNG can petition to have its very own banana republic definition?

Respond to this message   
Las Kama

Re: Paias Wingti, Intending King of the PNG Banana Republic

September 5 2011, 7:27 PM 

Kama ...you got the definition right and your definition is a mirror image of PNG. I actually pictured PNG when I was reading your post ...so yes, its Banana for PNG coz out economy is syphoned out already by Apes. And for Wingti, unfortunately if we can't have an alternative, I'm afraid the Devil will return. So as you press the flush button, don't sit there long coz he'll be right back up. WINGTI IS RETURNING TO POWER ...AMEN !! Our Street Mangi Leaders have no impact in the Parliment so let them go back and pick coffee. We need leaders with National impact who can pull the Highlands Bloc together.

Respond to this message   
Jigs Kalakai

WINGTI WILL BE BACK IN 2012

September 5 2011, 11:34 PM 

Hi educated folks,

Interesting reading all the arguments, keep expressing people.

Remember that the educated elites of Western Highlands are out-numbered by our rural folks. Making worse is that most of the elites are working and living out of Western Highlands, so the majority of eligible voters is in the rural areas.

These rural folks have Wingiti already fixed in their minds and hearts for 2012! They have already casted their votes (1st preference) for Wingti for 2012!

Educated elites arguing against Wingti, here is what you have to do: You must mobilise and find ample time to go and do a thorough awareness right throughout Western Highlands, especially in the rural areas, to educate the rural folks to think carefully and choose/vote a good candidate for Western Highlands Provincial seat. If no awareness is made, sorry to say but the rural folks will be casting their 1st preference votes for Pais Wingti.

Wingti will be back in 2012! And he will not be looking at anything cheaper than the PM's post!

Cheers,

Respond to this message   
hela pride

WINGTI IS OLD and OVERDUE!

September 5 2011, 11:44 PM 

Mr Paias Wingti is old and overdue and i doubt he will be able to get the PM's post with the likes of Don Polye, Agiru, O'nEIL and tha Gang teaming up together...

Only a miracle can smake it happen!!

Plus, you canot teach and old dog new tricks!

Respond to this message   
LANGAN RANGE

STILL THE BEST

September 6 2011, 1:54 PM 

HEY HELA , YOU A TOTALLY BACK PAGE.

YOU HAVENT AND WILL ALWAYS CANNOT SEND SUCH MAN TO PARLIAMENT. YOUR MP's ARE NO WAY NEAR TO WINGTI.

POLYE AND O'NEIL ARE JUST THE KIDS. IF MR WINGTI WON THE COMMING ELECTION, THE PRIME MINISTER SEAT WILL ITSELF WELLCOME WINGTI. YOU WILL ALWAYS ASK HOW, BUT IT WILL HAPPEN BECAUSE THE SEAT LOVE HIM.

OBESRVER

Respond to this message   
mi lus tingting

Re: WINGTI WILL BE BACK IN 2012

September 6 2011, 4:48 AM 

Who was the fellow who came in #2 after Robert Lak in 2002? (or was it the election before that?). Wingti came in #3 in that election. That fellow (I forgot his name )beat Wingti exactly by doing what you said. He was very grassroots, walked to villages and really sat down and listened to people for years. Now what was his name?????????????

Respond to this message   
Jigs

WINGTI WILL BE BACK IN 2012

September 6 2011, 1:14 PM 

The grassroots candidate was from Jiwaka (Jimi) and his name Thomas ?? cannot remeber his surname.

Jigs.
Wara Kala, Mt Hagen

Respond to this message   
What's the name

September 6 2011, 2:10 PM 

You mean Thomas Nolnga?

Respond to this message   
Jigs

September 6 2011, 11:04 PM 

That was the name: Thomas Nolnga-the grassroots candidate from Jiwaka (Jimi). Don't know if he will be qualified to contest for WHP Provincial seat, given that Jiwaka will soon be a seperate province in 2012.

There you go!

Jigs,
Wara Kala, Mt Hagen.

Respond to this message   
leslongcrooks

September 7 2011, 1:28 AM 

Wingti hasnt done anything since 2002. NIL. He looks old, frail and will rot in hell.

Olga, at least, is doing a lot on the ground if you are living in Mt. Hagen.
People, esp Wingti's cohorts will continue to tarnish, taint and defame Olga's good name. No doubt!

Wingti is gone. Stop dreaming and get real! PNG knows who the crook Wingti is. MPs are not stupids!

Respond to this message   

WINGTI & OLGA BRIEFCASE CARRIERS

October 1 2011, 9:50 PM 

This message has been edited by DeFlash on Oct 20, 2011 1:15 AM

Respond to this message   

WINTI & OLGA BRIEF CASE CARRIERS

October 1 2011, 10:00 PM 

There is so much patronising of Winti and Olga by some BIRD BRAINS I really should like to call them brief case carriers without looking around to see what developement agendas these two have put in place for the Province. These two cannot think constructively and bring any form of developement that is fitting for the people of WHP who are naturally gifted with politics and commerce. To date we have survived on our own sweat.

Wingti, the flamboyant playboy has been building his own empire and offering lip services ever since he became govenor. He once made a bold statement that Hagen will be no. 2 Cairns, where is it now. Very cunning and dangerous,he has a taste for his supporters wives, roots them behind their back. When he was PM and then govenor any western highlander who was going to suceed in business or a profession was a threat to him and he made sure they fell. Thats who he is and that was his ultimate downfall. Looking closely he does not hold a university degree, no formal employment in the private or public sector... simply put, no management and strategic planning qualification....so how could he think and manage strategically for Western highlands. NONE.

As for OLGA...he is a con artist and similarly he also does not hold a university degree, no formal employment in the private or public sector. The best he can do is go around and do ground breakings and that is all he can do, nothing further. The next best thing he can do is empty the provincial coffers while he can with hire cars that are seen on the road 24/7 to keep his meli and nengas happy. He could not manage the province without any formal management qualifications....the plan he launced was a cut and paste from a template John Piel provided the provincial administration.

I guess it is time now for western highlanders to vote in someone with merit so we see some real developement. There are a few proffessionals puting their hands up so choose carefully. Take for example Gabriel Pepson, a career diplomat and distingushed Head of Department with alot of corporate management skills. Take Professor Nongorr. I need not expolain his career and profession. Take John Piel, a certified chartered accountant and auditor. Is a Lead Consultant to AusAid and PNG Government on PNG Incentive Funds management. Has planned and delivered the Hagen Market, Kudjip Hospital, Notre Dame High School, Hagen Hospital Morgue, only to name a few of the projects he has planned, sourced funding and delivere for a total value of K37 million. Who among Wingti or Olga has delivered such tangible projects worth 37 mill? None.

So to sum it up, I find it difficult to understand Western Highlanders, who are supposed to be more intelligent that the rest of PNG could vote in college drop outs like Winti and Olgo and expect developement? no no no.... Crazy are'nt we?

Respond to this message   
olga is the man

Re: WINTI & OLGA BRIEF CASE CARRIERS

October 3 2011, 1:43 AM 

Bolt or Mike - are you John Piel's briefcase carrier? If so, don't brag please.
Wingti is a crook, long gone and never will he come back, not even in our dreams!

Olga is the only shinning, young governor who is becoming a target of criticism because, jealousy is filled with all you pro-wingti and pro-whoever!

Olga for life!~

Respond to this message   
Dumber than Dumb

Why Olga ?

October 3 2011, 10:13 AM 

And why would you say "Olga for life", may I ask ? Answer my question if you have any brains and prove yourself better than Olga.

Respond to this message   
Simbu Angra

Long Live Wingti

October 4 2011, 1:59 PM 

Wingti is WH DemiGod. Believe me, he is returning next year to rule. Can't find any strong leaders in the highlands like the man himself. The highlanders are hundry for him and the Westerners have regretted thier negligence. Wingti will win with absolute majority next year. Folks who opposes him, open your ears and eyes twice wider and you will witness him walking in like he used to do....
Any comments on this feel free to slot them down.

Respond to this message   
Kera Blo Tambul

Tru2

October 4 2011, 2:26 PM 

@ Simbu Angra..you are absolutely corret..Wingti is the man that can make name for Hagners,Highlanders and even PNG as well..Wingti will came back again next year,,
folks are praying and hoping that he will come again..He is the Hail King,,he is the man
that Somare and NA fear of him..just imagine Somare fund millions to put him down coz Somare
saw that if he comes to the parliament then he will be screwed enough..
So when Wingti lost to Olga,Somare just welcomed Olga happly and with a smiling face down at Kokopo..
Guys why Somare did that to Olga????..this indicates that Wingti is the man that can uproot corrupt
and can lead the country..,,
Taim Olga win na go lo Kokopo na Somare kirap na to "Tom Olga yu fit man stret ya,yu brukim leg blo muruk (Wingti) na kam ya"...
So now you see..Wingit is the Hail King..

Kera blo me tok tru yaa..Angra..wakai wai..

Respond to this message   
Kepa kint

Re: Tru2

October 5 2011, 1:28 PM 

Tru2, so the premise of your support for Wingti is that he will "make name for hageners, highlanders and even PNG". What do you mean by that? What "name" are we concerned about here? I might be wrong but I thought the whole point of us ordinary papua new guineans going to the polls was to participate in democracy and elect people who will ensure that our most basic needs are met. As a long time Hagen resident and western highlander, I think Wingti failed to deliver and Olga is no different. Putting aside "name" and all that bullsh!t you're referring to, Wingti has contributed almost nothing to the development of Western Highlands. Olga hasn't done much better.
And what do you mean by "Hail King"? Maybe after you let go of WIngti mausgras (or assgras) bai you explainim disla hap toktok gut!

Respond to this message   
Mighty Nambs.

Faul ash

October 10 2011, 11:36 AM 

Kera Kint,,you must have been to overseas and back now ah?Is it???..Do you ever travel to
other provinces in the country???do you see their road conditions??..and do you compare them with WH roads in all districts???Kera Kint!!!! what basic developments are you reffering to??? I think road,education,health and other infrastructural needs??what do you want from Wingti??Kera kint,u want a family car and a house of your own????..If so then you better leave PNG and go to Japna now.I have seen it that Wingit had eract health centers,classrooms,staff houses and up grade the roads..this are the basic needs,if you go to other provinces you could hardly see good roads like WH.Kera kent u want something else apart from basic services then you better email Olga now yet.
No offense,i think that Wingit at least done regardless of what ever corruptions he had played.

Respond to this message   
paul maus

Re: Faul ash

October 10 2011, 12:29 PM 

You are fulla bulla, you know that? It's funny how Wingi supporters will tell whatever tall fairy stories they can make up so long as they think those stories will make Wingti look good.

Where are all these massive numbers of aid posts that Wingti built. Come on, list them. Then let's see if, in fact, other provinces haven't done better.

Respond to this message   
karim go ya

Re: Why Olga ?

October 4 2011, 2:30 PM 

screw Olga plis,screw him...Wingti the HAIL KING..

Respond to this message   

Long Live Wingti

October 5 2011, 2:35 PM 

The last election was won by Wingti and it was being dictated and prolonged by NA just because of the Executive power they had since they were in Gov't. It was influenced at the back door with peoples money. The Clever and smart Wingti further fough through to several courts attempts and finally let go off it last year because, he knows Olga won't do much.
The down fall of Mr Somare is now being Dictated by Mr Wingti, sapos yupla ino save. Mausgrass plays it very smart and cool and thats the smartest politics which involves someone who thinks and sees beyond the blue.

I strongly believe and have faith that Maus grass will walk in next year by landslide victory.
Most Highlands leaders in the floor of parliament plays self styled yoyo and shaky politics and don't even have the boldness to stay as an highlands man to lead.
Until Mr Wingti steps in from the dark to simply move the PM seat from Sepik to Highlands.....Folks, Highlands leaders are not trupla man...ol yoyo lida. The post held by the Sepik was well over due to come up but, the leaders don't have the guts and courage.
I wanna urge all WHighlanders to put Maus grass back so he leads again...contrary, If hageners don't want him...he is still getting in because I know he is the most smartest man and I believe he already played so will play to get in.

Mr Wingti....I am a Simbu man and I am for you.....Go Wingti go!!!!!!!!I have faith in you.

Respond to this message   
Time to go

Re: Long Live Wingti

October 5 2011, 2:41 PM 

Angra, maybe you can have him and he can lead you simbu ston hets!

Respond to this message   
Laik bilong Wingti

So what

October 5 2011, 3:25 PM 

Wingti is a free citizen of PNG entitled to run for office just like anyone. His character and past performance is out for voters to decide. This blog has little or no influence over Western Highlanders and Mr Wingti. The WH people will decide who should represent them in the 2012 House. But one thing is certain. Once he gets in, the political landscape will never be the same as they will have to deal with the Wingti Factor which the NA fought tooth and nail to bar his entry in the last elections - and that cannot be said about the lightweight Tom Olga.

Respond to this message   
Thats True !

Re: So what

October 6 2011, 4:41 PM 

SPOT ON ! I say Amen to that - a fair unbiased to realistic comment. Wingti still has a big influence on the political affairs of the country and he commands great respect from MP's. However the people of WHP will vote and decide - the bloggers of this site will not impact or have influence on the minds of the WH People ...UNLESS awareness is conducted on the quality of leadership and minds educated ..but that does not guarantee anything.

Respond to this message   
Not this time

Re: So what

October 6 2011, 8:22 PM 

THERE IS ONLY ONE PERSON BRAGING ABOUT WINGTI HERE WITH DIFFERENT NAMES.

HE/SHE is a real briefcase carrier bilong Wingti!! If so, don't brag please.
Wingti is a crook, long gone and never will he come back, not even in our dreams! Maybe only in your 2 toea dreams!

Olga is the only shinning, young governor who is becoming a target of criticism because, jealousy is filled with all you pro-wingti and pro-whoever!

Olga for life!~

Respond to this message   
PNG's top womanizer will make a comeback!!!!

Sir Pais Wingti

October 6 2011, 8:21 PM 

That's hilarious!
You seem to forget that we've already seen the "Wingti faction" in action.... NOT!
Funny!

Respond to this message   
Open your eyes !

Re: Sir Pais Wingti

October 9 2011, 9:26 PM 

People open your eyes and see - Wingti won the last election BUT he was stuffed around and his votes were rigged and NA used it's muscles including the Police force to ensure Wingti did not win. That's why the counting was delayed purposely and he lost. WHP provincial seat was one of the last ones to be declared. Even NA ensured the recount was not in his favor. For 2012, Wingti is "unofficially " in the government which overturned NA , shredded them to bits and will be going into this 2012 elections.

Wingti felt the pain losing his otherwise won election in 2007. NA did absolutely everything to ensure the political master and tactician lost and Somare was a happy fella. Now it's no mistake that the Police Ministry has gone to a PDM MP and now look ... the Police Commisioner. Whose next, Electoral Commisioner ? Defence Force commander ? Who knows ... The Governor General was the first strategic positioning the master established. It is clearly a Master Tacticians work of art in motion. The rest of the so called Politicians are too busy getting rich while we have the man himself hard at work.

So yes hard work pays off and the paycheck demanded after all this will be the countries top job. He will settle for nothing less. The rest of them are following his foot prints and keep guessing. He's setting the stage well for a grand finale.

So friends we can blog our bottoms off but I can tell you Mr Wingti will return in 2012 and this time he has the government behind him.Someone will say I'm just bluffing here or I'm a brief case carrier for PW - say all you like BUT I'm non of the above. Anyone who reads between the lines can see the writing on the wall inscribed " WINGTI WILL BE BACK IN 2012"

I hope this clears the confusion and helps you see.

Respond to this message   
kop

October 9 2011, 10:10 PM 

I wouldn't have voted for him, not then or now, because I want an MP who represents me who lives in PNG!

Respond to this message   
Iceblock

Fact.

October 10 2011, 12:47 PM 

If Wingti was dumped using police forces and finance in the last election
by NA,then he is comming back next year.People had doubt of why Somare welcomed Olga at Kokopo after
he defeated Wingti and flew across.It was appeared on the MTV that Somare shook hands with Olga
and appriciated him for screwed the cassowary (Wingit).
Guys this is corruption,let God chose for the betterment of his sheeps.We have to pray that folks
can chose the God choosen leader.Let there be a democractic province and country,guys you might wonder why Im preaching a lot here,it has been seen and heard that some stategies have been implemented during the counting period,therefore for let there be honesty in the province.

Mandaaaa,,Mindiiii..

Respond to this message   
head niggah

Re: Fact.

October 10 2011, 12:58 PM 

as if wingti isnt every bit as corrupt as olga and even more. Whadda laugh they both are & anyone who defends either one.

Respond to this message   
nmhggf

Sheet

October 10 2011, 1:06 PM 

did u read between the lines????..ma point was about corruption..
i didnt say Wingti is more corrupt than Olga or wise wersa..there was no comparation
about corruption.

U nana ah??

Respond to this message   
mi no save long dispela

Re: Sheet

October 10 2011, 1:20 PM 

is a comparation like a company or corporation? who owns this comparition, is it mr wingti or mr olga or why have you brought up this info about comparitions?

Respond to this message   
Hmmmmmm

October 10 2011, 12:51 AM 

So wanem taim Queen givim 'Sir" long yupla!

Respond to this message   
Sir Blank

October 10 2011, 6:56 AM 

I don't believe in someone getting a Sir title anymore especially PNG. Plus all the Logohu awards etc. Sir or no Sir , PNG distinguished leaders steal whenever they are put in an areas of responsibility. You can buy your SIR title hear in PNG. So Sad isn't it

Respond to this message   
Nebileye Valley

Olga for Life

October 10 2011, 9:39 AM 

After reading all these crap, I would say that; THERE IS ONLY ONE PERSON BRAGING ABOUT WINGTI HERE WITH DIFFERENT NAMES.

HE/SHE is a real briefcase carrier bilong Wingti!! If so, don't brag please.
Wingti is a crook, long gone and never will he come back, not even in our dreams! Maybe only in your 2 toea dreams!

Olga for life!~

Respond to this message   
Last Wara

Screw u and Olga

October 10 2011, 12:59 PM 

U and olga will be screwed,,better wats up,,u and olga now tough luck for yu..
If olga got supprot from NA in the last election then this time u guys gona be screwed to the bottom.....Lets try some 1 else who can meet all the needs for the people..

Respond to this message   
yu tu buddy boi

Re: Olga for Life

October 11 2011, 10:56 AM 

Obviously, you're also running around posting the same pro-Olga posting in different threads to try and boost your wantoks' status.

Instead, you're making it look more and more like Wingti and Olga are both losers, supported by losers who can't actually write details about their candidates and thus are forced to write a bunch of praises that lack evidence and are conspicuous by their lack of substance.

So, buddy boi, you're no different than the Wingti briefcase carriers. That one or two pro-Wingti people are posting all over pngscape, and you're doing exactly the same thing. The pro-Wingti people can't offer any evidence that Wingti has ever put the people and WHP ahead of his personal pocket, and you don't seem to be able to offer any strong evidence that Olga is any less corrupt than Wingti.

Carry on - but most Scapers can now see that both the pro-Wingti and pro-Olga groups are nothing more than konmen themselves.

Respond to this message   
Mangi lo street

Tru..tru

October 18 2011, 3:39 PM 

Agree with you here these two are: (1) A ghost govenor and lately; (2) A ground breaking ceremony governor...."kain olsem na Hagen wok lon go backwards yah!!!

Respond to this message   
Kiripia

Come Back Wingti

October 10 2011, 11:12 AM 

Just 2nd JIKS Kalakai for his points..With you JIKS Kalakai.
Kangom @ Kiripia..

Respond to this message   
Dei Kaunsel

Re: Come Back Wingti

October 10 2011, 1:22 PM 

Whatever we do, don't bring back Olga. He's a clown that has made WHP into a laughing stock. Too much planning and nothing executed. Now he's realized he's running out of time so he's abusing the chq book now writing cheques left - right - centre. It makes me wonder where he is clear on his role as an elected member of parliament and the governors role. Not Tom Olga again please don't.

Respond to this message   
Proud Jiga

Re: Come Back Wingti

October 10 2011, 1:33 PM 

I want our old governor back. He used to give me and all us youth very high pay for just little jobs here and there. Please vote Mr Paias back to power everyone. thanks.

Respond to this message   
Hagen man

Wingtii's people are murderers and rapists

October 10 2011, 1:51 PM 

The truth is that the Nebilyer Valley people are the most disgusting people in PNG

They have murdered, mutilated, robbed and raped thousands of people as they pass along the road through the Nebilyer Valley

You people are the must disgusting scum PNG ever produced!!!!!

Respond to this message   
Not funny

Re: Wingtii's people are murderers and rapists

October 10 2011, 3:46 PM 

@ hagen man. You are not a foreigner so don't put all Nebilyer people in the same basket. You can name those stupid tribes who thought that owning firearms and terrorising travelers made them super-heroes. They fought and raided neigbouring clans along the highway, dragged off young women, abused and forcefully married them at gunpoint. They tortured people captured in battle, killed and mutilated them and displayed their body parts on the roadside. They tore up a police station, burned down their own and other peoples' schools and assaulted people in vehicles, looted their goods, robbed them of cash. They terrorised people in their homes and market places and thought the world owed them a living. On top of that, the Ialibu people paid THEM (the terrorists), compensation to stay off the road and to stop the harassment. Imagine that! By paying compensation, the Ialibu people gave the money with a curse and the fools, instead of refusing the undeserved money, accepted it, and boasted about it. What happened next is a story only they will tell you, and to them, it's not funny anymore. You reap what you sow.

Respond to this message   
detiwara

Re: Wingtii's people are murderers and rapists

October 11 2011, 10:44 AM 

There is only one number one CROOK in PNG and internationally know.
Guess who he is? Wingti!

Why you brag about this scumbag?

Respond to this message   
Hagen North Kange

To do What?

October 14 2011, 4:22 PM 

Many individuals, mostly from WHP, have responded to this question to express their views and provided independent answers. Whilst some have rendered substance others were very shallow. After browsing through all views and comments on this subject and others related to issues/matters confronting our province, it is interesting to note that those who participated in the debate in this forum are either Wingti or Olga supporters. I am neither Wingti nor Olga man, however being a concerned elite from the province I wish to share some views and questions that people can challenge in this forum. My question is related to the fairness of comments when comparing Wingti with Olga because (a). Wingti was a 3 time PM and represented people of WHP for three (3) terms (15 years) where as Olga had only 4 years, in which three years were in spent in court trying to defend his seat which was being challenged by Wingti, (b). Wingti is experienced and has influence internationally, nationally, regionally and at provincial level which, he is capable of using to ensure a political environment non-condusive for Olga to perform effectively and (c). What bench-mark are people using to compare Wingti with Olga to ensure faireness in their comments. In other words, what relative terms is he/she using to draw parallels between them?

For me, I do not wish to see Wingti back because he is politically saturated as he reached his political optimum level in 2002 and due to miscalculated advise from individual opportunists he failed in 2007 elections. The fact that he failed to succeed in his election dispute, the first re-count and the second re-count are indicatives that are self-explanatory. Anyway, why do people want to bring him back and to do what? Tell us WH'landers, where has he been since he lost the court battle against Olga? He has not been around to participate in important national issues confronting the nation like all other former MPs such as Rabbie Namaliu and others. He is someone that does not want any potential young leaders to threaten his leadership because he does not beleive in sustainable leadership...only himself. He only keeps around him few yes-men and a bunch of opportunistic criminals for his own protection.

Concerned Wh'lander

Respond to this message   
New Blood !

Re: To do What?

October 16 2011, 11:24 PM 

I will vote for John Piel. He's a good man and ha a good community standing. I am not wasting my time arguing over Wingti and Olga on who is better. We know what they are like. WHP needs new blood and if we open our eyes we can see decent young candidates coming forward to bring good progress and change to WHP. let's do away with all these old leaders and bring out the new. I for one will support and vote John Piel and will campaign for him.

Respond to this message   
Hagen North Kange

New Blood

October 17 2011, 8:45 AM 

Yes, we need new blood blended with experience and sufficient education. Why not giving Tom Olga another term, he is certainly active new blood. John Piel, well he is alleged to be a whiteman who has no time for his tribesmen nor takes advise from them.. He has too much pride and boasts about the construction of the Hagen main market which was an initiative of Hagen Urban Council.He should not claim credit for it.

Try next time

Respond to this message   
mighty nambs

Re: New Blood

October 18 2011, 12:00 PM 

Who the hell is JOhn pil anywayz. I mean, I read about his 2 toea profile and it doesn't move me any bit! NIL. It's just another wanabe politician. Flush him down kum sewrage! Get real, man!

Go Olga!

Respond to this message   
nonHagen

October 18 2011, 1:43 PM 

John Piel a go! Tom Olga you gave him the go...I think Hagen and Generally WHP is all there for you to see...Evidence Mate...You tell me!
There is a pot-hole in the center of Hagen city named after him? Maybe you are still waking up from your slumber.

Get real, vote in honest leaders so you might see change here in WHP.

Tingting tasol

Respond to this message   
Observer

October 19 2011, 2:27 PM 

@Nambs...John Piel has alot of credibility.Devoted christian and family man.Qualified accountant. It would be naive to discredit such a man. It seems Nambs is quick to judge. It would be proper not to discredit a man of this standing in a forum like this.I do no defend John Piel, I beleive we must not be shallow in discrediting others.

Respond to this message   
bad blood

October 19 2011, 2:50 PM 

"Devoted Christian and family man" you say? Please, stop these tired old slogans that end up meaning nothing the moment yet another "devoted Christian and family man" goes to Bomana, gets yanked up by the ombudsman or kicked out by a leadership tribunal. Its happened so much already, I can't believe you would write such a thing with a straight face and think anyone would believe it.

Maybe its true or maybe its not for this candidate but unless you provide some hard facts to back up your statement, people should rightfully throw your words into the river of mauswara that we already know was only meaningless propaganda.

Respond to this message   
Change

October 19 2011, 11:03 PM 

John Piel is a decent man. Let's talk about new upcoming leaders. Shelve street mangi's like Olga who don't even have any formal work experience. Western Highlanders are all fairly educated and are hard working. Amongst the thousands there are definitely a few good young leaders so let's not draw fore gone conclusions just because you are not firmilar with the new name or support an old dog. Act like you are educated and look out for new blood. PNG is moving on. Times have changed. Come out of your stone age mentality of tribalism.

Respond to this message   
Hagen boi

John Piel.... where's the meat?

October 20 2011, 6:42 AM 

"John Piel is a decent man". Why do you John Piel supporters seem to have no actual facts and information to back up your samting nating generalisations? I don't understand how you all could claim to know his qualities yet you don't seem to be able to give any specific examples. Is it because in fact, you know next to nothing about the candidate that your supporting? Or is it because your a wantok, you know that he's not anywhere near the person your painting him to be and your simply promoting a wantok cuz you think that if he gets into power you'll be in the money along with him? Please tell me which option it is-or start giving us some solid facts and details!

Respond to this message   
Get Real

Re: John Piel.... where's the meat?

October 20 2011, 2:11 PM 

Then tell the kemp-andalg to concentrate on his decent family and mind his own business!
Why spending your bandwith about someone that is fine. What else does he need? Tell him to consider looking after his family coz that's what he is good at. Don't tell me all the crap about development. I know more than you.

Respond to this message   
disgusted

Re: John Piel.... where's the meat?

October 20 2011, 2:56 PM 

What a silly posting you've put up! It doesn't make us hailans pipol look very smart. That's why I don't like your posting.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - IS WINGTI COMING BACK IN 2012 ???
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board