<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board  

GOV. PARKOP PLEASE EXPLAIN NCDC CONTRACT#NCDC-2011-01

September 22 2011 at 8:11 PM

CONTRACT NO. NCDC-2011-01 VALUE: K58,575,086.90

Copies of 15% Down Payment Claim of K8.7 Million by Global Construction are now being exposed to the public. This claim has now been paid out by NCDC for the 800 metres length of civil and up grading works from 5 mile Service Station to 6 mile shops.

Why was this contract not given publicity by the Media. Governor Parkop please explain. Were Tender Procedures followed and was section 61 clearance approved under the Finance Management Act? Was there a board resolution passed on this Tender for Global Construction to be awarded this project?

Construction work under early stages.

This is 62% on top of the Waigani Drive project of 1300 metres in 2007.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
wonder boi

Re: GOV. PARKOP PLEASE EXPLAIN NCDC CONTRACT#NCDC-2011-01

September 22 2011, 8:29 PM 

It sounds to me like a kickback scheme.

Respond to this message   

September 22 2011, 8:37 PM 

Kick back or no kick back, our good Governor Parkop has just come out of steaming waters of the Audits Reports and is cooling down and recovering when now he is being pushed back again in the boiling higher temp. waters again with this K58 Million Contract.
Just what is happening?????

Respond to this message   
Parkop's silence is mystifying

September 22 2011, 8:52 PM 

IF Parkop is, in fact, innocent, then he would do well to answer any questions put forth to him. He came onto the internet in person, refuting the original charges, on both pngexposed and pngblogs, but then disappeared as quickly as he appeared, which is interesting considering the number of questions that people started throwing after him.

Respond to this message   

Enough is enough

September 22 2011, 11:24 PM 

Enough of stealing and sarking out NCDC Lets vote in somebody else..

Lets go AGAROBE of HELIFIX

Respond to this message   
I LUV POWES bumper sticker

Re: Enough is enough

September 23 2011, 6:52 PM 

Stop being stupid. It may be time for Powes to go, but no one in their right mind is going to replace him with someone we don't even know about. If you're going to mention candidates names on PNGSCAPE be prepared to justify your support for them with solid facts or information, or expect to be brushed off like a fly with pekpek on it feet.

Respond to this message   
Sick

Another K45 million variation

May 28 2012, 12:58 AM 

Upon the K58 Million approved by Parkop, He is seeking another K 45 Million on variation costs. and the work is not progressing from 5 mile round about to Hiritano Hwy junction. (800 Metres)
The guy is now filthy rich.

Respond to this message   
Poko

October 9 2011, 10:12 PM 

Not a kickback scheme but a kickback SCAM. Learn the difference.

Respond to this message   

Very Fishy

September 23 2011, 5:06 PM 

Obviously, this contract smells of rot and no doubt a crook deal

This is one more question the Governor has to answer.

Come on, tell the taxpayers why no tenders were not called.

Respond to this message   

Fatal deal

September 23 2011, 5:17 PM 

This is one of the worst crimes Powes has committed in his term as the Governor. He used Section 6 of the NCDC Act he initially criticized to bypass tender procedures to award this contract.

An independent engineer or engineering firm must verify the value of this contract. Better still, Governor must reveal the Scope of Works for this contract. Otherwise, this contract can be labelled as a crook deal and I can bet a hundred bucks that Powes has got a handsome slice in this deal.

If this is a daylight robbery, Powes must be prosecuted and jailed, just like other ordinary Papua New Guineans who have been tried in court and prosecuted.

Respond to this message   
??????????????????

September 23 2011, 6:50 PM 

I don't understand. Is the K8.7 million just 15% of the total road contract??????? And for only 800 metres of road??????? Or is the K8.7 million the TOTAL contract for 800 metres of road, of which the contractor got 15% down payment?

Is it normal to give a company that has the ability to raise its own loans and funds an initial down payment before road work has even begun?

Respond to this message   
Syp

Global is owned by the PM

September 26 2011, 9:18 AM 

Do u people know who the real owners of Global constructiosn is ?
Francis Awesa sold his share to an unknown company that is owned by Peter Oneil and Moses Maladina,,,, Wake UP PNG....

Respond to this message   
Black Water Meri

Re: Global is owned by the PM

September 26 2011, 9:49 AM 

Gess faia mero - you becoming a mobile element with misleading shots. Awesa sold his major shares to Arthur Somare and cohorts who own Global.

Black Water Meri

Respond to this message   
Kaim

September 26 2011, 10:31 AM 

Black water meri,

Stop being a primitive. Global is owned by Awesa and O'neil. thats why Awesa was given the Works ministry so that both he and the PM can continue rip you off.

peace out.

Respond to this message   
Usim Het

September 26 2011, 12:22 PM 

ssssss.....Please keep away from this Global Construction at the moment. If you want to argue over the ownership of Global then go down to IPA and do the company searches then only will you know the proper owners instead arguing like silly little children and misleading the readers of this blog. And do not try to deviate from the main issue of the contract no# NCDC 2011-01.

We want to know whether the the contract was properly tendered for by NCDC or CSTB and did it go through the proper approval process as the value of Tax Payers money at K58 million is not peanuts compared to 800 metres of upgrading. There is no justification; and what about the scope and also the section 61 of Finance Management Act.

Where the rightful legal procedures carried out when awarding this dubious contract. Can the Governor of NCD give answers?? Otherwise this is another big kill spearheaded by Governor Parkop. DAYLIGHT ROBBERY......

Respond to this message   
Igiri

September 26 2011, 3:44 PM 

Yes Usim Het yu are right Parkop definitelly did not follow procedures and the simple reasons is he is one of the current bunch of decision makers and is taking kick backs.

how does that sound?

Respond to this message   
Naikos

Thats true

September 26 2011, 8:07 PM 

Igiri wantok Yu tok tru!!!!

Parkop steal wantaim Justin inap pinis na nau em start wantaim ol Global. Gavana Powes i mekim gut save long stealim moni bilong ol NCDC people wantaim ol white lain istap. Em nau em kamap stealman long klia ples
K58 million ino liklik moni....

Mi les pinis ya

Respond to this message   
THE Peter O'Neill?????

September 26 2011, 8:20 PM 

Are you saying that the principal shareholder of Global Construction is none other than scam artist Peter O'Neill of NPF fame?

Respond to this message   
Facts

Jephson owns 100% of Global. Awesa owns 100% of Hornibrooks.

September 26 2011, 9:22 PM 

A kiwi guy called Jephson is the 100% shareholder of Global Construction. He used to be partners with Francis Awesa but he bought out Francis Awesa's share earlier this. Awesa used the money from the sale to buy out 100% of Hornibrooks.

Respond to this message   
puzzled

Re: Jephson owns 100% of Global. Awesa owns 100% of Hornibrooks.

September 26 2011, 9:46 PM 

Where on earth did Francis Awesa get the money in the first place to be a main owner of Global? Wasn't Global once owned by Wingti???

Respond to this message   
Mi Faol

Parkop is the Mastamind

September 27 2011, 12:14 PM 

Governor Parkop is becoming a Champion of Thieves now with the K58 million with him at the helm of the 'Operation Suckim out NCDC' and he is doing it nicely and openly. Nobody seems to be busy with all the transparent stealing of millions of Kina out of NCDC. Somehow this guy is on proper control.

Without his powerful signature and agreement all these monies in NCDC cannot move out to Global or Kitoro 33.

LONG LIVE POWES........Please mastamind another raid and suck out more.

Respond to this message   
???????

Re: Parkop is the Mastamind

September 27 2011, 12:20 PM 

Who owns Kitoro 33 shelf company, may I ask?

Respond to this message   
answer

Owner???

September 27 2011, 12:40 PM 

Kitoro # 33 Ltd is owned by Justin Tkatchenko's wife, family members and friends.
Kitoro # 33 Ltd is trading as PNG Gardeners and Justin Tkatchenko is the owner

Respond to this message   
answer

Owner???

September 27 2011, 12:46 PM 

Kitoro # 33 Ltd is owned by Justin Tkatchenko's wife, family members and friends.
Kitoro # 33 Ltd is trading as PNG Gardeners and Justin Tkatchenko is the owner

Respond to this message   
Insider

Parkop, O'Neil and Tkatchenko - Main Players

September 30 2011, 6:16 PM 

Firsty there was a proper contract in place and NCDC Board approval was passed,
And secton 61 of FMA was also ceared.
All procedures were followed and and approvals were proper on this project. NCDC 2011-01.
The value was escalated by 150% Original value was K22 million: The Contract was awarded at K58 million.

Main players; Then Finance Minister Peter O'Neill; NCD Governor Powes Parkop
and the PNG Gardener as the runner and messenger.

That is why the corruption of payouts in NCDC cannot be investigated because 3 pela wantaim kaikai K36 million.

That the end

Respond to this message   
Insider

Parkop, O'Neil and Tkatchenko - Main Players

September 30 2011, 6:20 PM 

Firsty there was a proper contract in place and NCDC Board approval was passed,
And secton 61 of FMA was also ceared.
All procedures were followed and and approvals were proper on this project. NCDC 2011-01.
The value was escalated by 150% Original value was K22 million: The Contract was awarded at K58 million.

Main players; Then Finance Minister Peter O'Neill; NCD Governor Powes Parkop
and the PNG Gardener as the runner and messenger.

That is why the corruption of payouts in NCDC cannot be investigated because 3 pela wantaim kaikai K36 million.

That the end

Respond to this message   
Nice One

Re: Parkop, O'Neil and Tkatchenko - Main Players

September 30 2011, 8:09 PM 

Yes it was all conducted within procedures PLUS PP and PO and in the Govn't now so don't even dream about an invenstigation ...cry out loud as much as you like till you bleed.

Seriously we should vote back Powes Parkop in 2012 - he's way better that all other pollies - plus he's keeping POM City Clean. Trash is not sitting in front of our gates rotting away while NCD was looking for funds as it used to be years ago ... THANKYOU POWES ...YOU ARE OUR SAVIOR !!!

Respond to this message   
Wrong one

Jesus Christ is my Savior

October 3 2011, 10:39 PM 

Nice one emi orait Powes is your savior but a worse sinner for giaman big noise on clean up na stealman but as for me Jesus Christ is my Savior to take me away from being drowned by big sins of people like Powes

God Bless you

Respond to this message   
Innocent until proven otherwise

Re: Jesus Christ is my Savior

October 4 2011, 10:35 AM 

@ Wrong One ... you tok Jesus is your Savior and yet you are already passing the judgement that POWES is a Stealman ?? My goodness, you save lotu long we? I don't think you are saved brother...plus don't bring the name of our good Lord in.

Powes is doing a great job ! He is INNOCENT until proven guilty. So we can brag on and on but listen, He's one of the few better pollies that has some goodness in him.

We PNGeans are good at sitting back and talking and pointing figures about every little thing as if we ourselves are perfect ...this is politics and that is expected.

I FOR ONE WILL VOTE POWES PAKOP AGAIN ....Second vote might go to Wari Vele , UNLESS you contest, then I might vote you Mr. Saved One....I hope you get the drift.

Respond to this message   
Lamington

Powes Parkop is not our Saviour!

October 4 2011, 10:40 AM 

No, no, no. Yes, under the law and in legal terms, Powes is innocent until proven guilty. But the fact is, if he did something wrong (and the numbers seem to point that way, at least at the moment), the man is obviously guilty. Guilty of misbehaviour and possibly breaking the law.

All that said, under the law, the government cannot proclaim him guilty until he is proven so.

Respond to this message   
West

Re: Powes Parkop is not our Saviour!

October 4 2011, 10:57 AM 

Unfortunately for PNG, someone is innocent until proven guilty - in other developed countries, you would see politicians or business executives resigning already amidst such alegations to save face for their names sake. For us, having a good name (biknem) is by how much we own in terms of wealth and HOW you become rich is not normally considered here....thats an unfortunate state for us. We including leaders should be focused on doing good things and having no shadows of doubt in our actions to enable the community to judge us ! God help us.

Respond to this message   
Voter

Vote

October 4 2011, 1:50 PM 

NCDC Reginal 1. Agarobe 2. Anjo 3. Baure
No more Parkop

Respond to this message   
Emi Turu

No more Parkop

October 5 2011, 5:16 PM 

Parkop does not deserve any vote in 2012 Not even a No. 3 vote

Olgeta man nau save long kala bilong em pinis. Emi fake na man bilong paolim na stilim bikpela moni bilong NCDC wantaim Justin na Global''

Ol NCD lain voters mas ting ting gut. Inap long mauswara na giaman bilong Parkop na sapotas bilong em.

Respond to this message   
Parkop will win

Re: No more Parkop

October 6 2011, 4:35 PM 

To you all ...Parkop will win back easily - we bloggers can sit in our offices and chatter chatter chit but the wider community know Parkop - he is in touch with the communities in POM like no other MP. So all your listed potential candidates can front up and show face and money BUT Parkop this time will win back ...he won the last election without money ...this one will be be easy ! Incase you keep dreaming on ...wake up and face reality.

Respond to this message   
Tami

Parkop will win in a landslide!

October 6 2011, 8:18 PM 

You're absolutely right. Parkop will win in a landslide because the average NCDC voter is either ignorant, stupid, or a combination of both. What I mean is that many voters won't know of this embarrassing financial evidence, and even many voters who are aware that this evidence doesn't look good for Parkop will stupidly ignore it and vote for him anyway.

Result? A landslide win for Parkop!

Respond to this message   
Liar

Giaman to iorait

October 6 2011, 10:45 PM 

Turu Parkop bai win or???? Yumi lukim......
AGAROBE Lets go.........

Respond to this message   
PNG expat

Powes will win back NCD in 2012

October 7 2011, 2:09 PM 

Hey guys. Live in real world na maski painim giaman stori. Powes is doing everything possible for NCD and keeping the budget pie intake. Please all you good fellows na meri do you resarch and come with real facts and lets get the crooks behind bar but for what its worth there is nothing concrete about Powes. I wonder who has vested interest to the feast of free money if it wasnt for Powes.

Go Powes you are our man. Our future is in your hands.

Namo bada

Respond to this message   
PNG grassroot

Fowes Farkof

October 7 2011, 2:34 PM 

Mipela save yu PNG Expat wantaim con gavana stilim olgeta moni bilong NCDC pinis. Em i orait bai Farkof bai win ken na yupela stil ken

Respond to this message   
PNG grassroot

Fowes Farkof

October 7 2011, 2:35 PM 

Mipela save yu PNG Expat wantaim con gavana stilim olgeta moni bilong NCDC pinis. Em i orait bai Farkof bai win ken na yupela stil ken

Respond to this message   
PNG expat

Go Powes

October 7 2011, 5:54 PM 

PNG grassroot yu too much negativity. There are too many crooks arround yourself so please make a difference big time. Be positive and go public to expose the truth. We need the crooks behind bar na maski inuendo na tok giaman ol taim.

Namo bada

Respond to this message   
Local

Re: Go Powes

October 8 2011, 1:18 AM 

All blogger - the fact is that Powes is going to win because whoever started these unfounded baseless claims
About mismanagement and corruption will never be proven - nor investigated. Why ? Because the so
Called audit report is unofficial and a fairly tale.

Parkop has indeed saved the face of POM from
Going to the dogs and using money to make it look like a "city" we claim it to be. Business houses and the corporate and industrial sectors have enormous trust in Parkops leadership. Just imagine if someone else had won instead of Parkops - I won't mention some names that come to mind.

Bottom line is Parkop has done alot for POM and the city has progressed alot in the last 4 years. Just imagine what POM will be when Parkop stays another 10 years in power ?

Let's vote him back and keep the good leader and visionary who is passionate to change the outlook of the city by changing attitudes. Powes is one of the very few good leaders that we have and POM I blessed to have him as governor.

This blog on unfounded allegations will not change the way people will vote for him and Parkop will win back in 2012.

I for one will vote him to see more change and progress for POM city and also to ensure NCDC has the surplus cash we have been having each year since he got elected - unlike previous governors who ran the coffers dry by Mid year and ran on gas leaving rubbish rotting and roads falling apart.

So let's all work to returning him back in 2012. He is also good PM material and has great potential and commands great respect within the MP ranks.

Respond to this message   
Backyard Mhan

Re: Go Powes

October 8 2011, 4:31 AM 

@Local, well constructed. Those who are doing character assassination can contest and see how far they can go. At least, we are seeing some changes than before.

Respond to this message   
Porgeran

Re: Fowes Farkof

October 8 2011, 5:41 PM 

I just can't understand how our people's mind operates? they praise the corrupt and visionless Politicians or leaders and don't wanna support leaders with good leadership qualities and the visions?

Please can anyone explain why our people's mind work like this? your commments please.

Respond to this message   
kekeni

October 8 2011, 5:50 PM 

Powes not really delievered on any impact project in the city. beautification is one element of city management but what about law and order, settlement systme, public transport system, utilities etc.

Respond to this message   
Turbo

October 9 2011, 3:41 PM 

Parkop is doing a great job. Yes beautification of the city is one part only but it's a major step forward in changing the rest of the city's other problem areas such as law and order , water and power woes etc. However the Governor is not the only person or MP is not entirely responsible for issues in the city. Each electorate MPs for POM are also responsible for these issues especially in the outskirts and settlements. Some of these impact projects require the MPs to take the lead and the governor only supports - if MPs are not doing their job then the governor shouldn't be blamed for that.

Powes Parkop has done a great job in his first term in getting the citizens of POM
To respect the City they live in and that's the foundation for other big and small projects to follow on. So Parkop should be given a 2nd term as governor of NCD.

I will vote for him and so will majority of the general voting public. Powes must win back for the sake of good governance and I am sure he will win this time by a big margin. I will vote him UNLESS someone proves that the audit report is indeed true. I am not falling for such baseless rumors.

Respond to this message   
Porgeran

October 9 2011, 4:41 PM 

I have been here last 20 yrs and never see any changes untill Pawes Parkop came in recently and Pom city change.Only people lacking common sense can complain but otherwise I don't see any point complaining.wantok you made a good valid point.

Respond to this message   
TO POGERAN

October 10 2011, 1:04 PM 

Pogeran, you're telling us you've been in POM for 20 years and never saw any changes? Obviously its because you're legally blind. For a start, the Poreporena freeway. For a second start, many highrises in town. For a third start, the first street artwork during Skate's time.

Nope, you never saw any of it. Looked around and just couldn't see one change coming to POM until the Great Fatfaced God Powes Parkop came to power.

Your idiocy gives you away as being Pogeran even if you hadn't written it. Only Pogerans would virtually give away one of the biggest gold deposits in the world in exchange for a few lollies that look pretty and in the end are worth very little.

Respond to this message   
Pom City

No discusing,,,,,,,,,,, Personal attack.

October 10 2011, 5:09 PM 

Is Parkop and Porgeran eye sore to your clansman? I think you have personal problem with Hon:Pawes Parkop and Porgera People.You may be educated man affected by siezer.no wonder one out of many lacking conscious. and you are one of those.yu traim na isi liklik kan face.

Respond to this message   
hey hey!

Re: No discusing,,,,,,,,,,, Personal attack.

October 10 2011, 5:13 PM 

I think you're assuming way too much about people who don't even know! Probably there's something actually corrupt about the way Parkop has been doing things, ever thought about that option?

Cheers.

Respond to this message   
Porgeran

October 12 2011, 3:44 PM 

Keep learning small boy,mistake make things perfect, you will learn to understand better. remember 1+1=2 and not 3. stop sneaking your dirty nose every where.

Respond to this message   
PNG grassroot

Maski Guess fire

October 9 2011, 4:43 PM 

Go long settlement na askim ol man meri, go long Motu Koita na askin ol man meri, go askim ol save lain na ol bai to Parkop Farkof na yu tu lukout nogut ol paitim baksait bilong yu.
Yupela gess faia natin tasol.
Stilim moa moni while yu bastads are still in

Go Helifix..........fly over them

Respond to this message   
YuGuess?

October 9 2011, 7:39 PM 

To Porgeran:

Here is my attempt to try and explain the dilemma created by how our masses view other people, especially our leaders.

John Maxwell in his book 'Winning with People' wrote that who we are determines how we view others. He calls it the Lens Principle.

Who we are determines: What we see, How we view others, How we view life, and What we do.

If we don't like people, it really is a statement about ourselves. Our viewpoint is the problem. If that is the case, don't try to change others. Don't even focus on others; focus on ourself. If we change ourself and become the kind of person we desire to be, we will begin to view others in a whole new light. This will also change the way we interact in all of your relationships at a personnel level as well.

Hope this helps.

Respond to this message   
Wara Pawpaw

October 11 2011, 7:39 AM 

Sorry YuGuess, you're not convincing me that when people rise up and rubbish a political leader for corruption, it is because they're all rubbish themselves and see that their leader mirrors their own personal corruption. That's kinda what you're saying and it don't make sense.

Respond to this message   
silent supporter

October 12 2011, 3:55 PM 

No wild west/piks/apes from taris & porgerasns touch any politics here in POM city. All you are good at is chop yourelves up with bush knives like gorillas. I will give you 100 years + to evolve first.

Powes is the man right now!...

Respond to this message   
Support

October 12 2011, 4:11 PM 

With you 'silent supporter'. Thumbs up!

Respond to this message   
SimbuhIno

Cnnot

October 13 2011, 10:13 AM 

You and Powes cannot

Helifix Fly high

Respond to this message   
Broken Wings

Re: Cnnot

October 13 2011, 3:27 PM 

Mate don't think that owning helicopters will get you to Parliament by "flying over". Buddy it doesn't work like that. You gotta come down to Earth and be on the ground where the people are. Nogut you just hyped up over choppers and money. Powes will win this elections easily. You and your high flying machines can do a bit more around settlements and communities and then start to talk about flying high. Nogut wing bruk. Powes will return.

Respond to this message   
Hi FLYER

BULSHIT

October 14 2011, 12:42 AM 

Broken wings - Yu giaman natin tru ya. Powes already Farked off by everybody because he has been stealing a lot of NCDC money with his Pufta mate Justin so yu mekim research tru tru na yu tok tok or you make up natin tasol.
Broken wings bilong yu kukim na Powes bai kaikai.
Chopper nogat wing ia igat propeller tasol. Yu usim brainless head bilong yu gut. Aeroplanes and birds have wings na bilong yu buruk pinis olsem chicken wings ya........hahaha!!!!!

Respond to this message   
Brata blo Agarobe

Robert Agarobe should be Governor of NCD

October 14 2011, 7:53 AM 

I am a close friend of Agarobe and I tried to talk him out of contesting the NCD regional seat and he said this to me:

"90% of the problems in this city are caused by my mothers people. 90% of the land in NCD and Central province are owned by my father's people ... if I can bring the two sides together, we will see true development in NCD, bro you tell me, who else can do this? Parkop is not Motu Koitabu, he does not understand our challenges. Parkop is not solving the root causes of the problems. Right now he is doing beautification, fixing roads, etc. These are the normal things that are expected of any governor. The real question is, how is he contributing to solving the unemployment and the crime problems and how is he contributing to empowering the motu-koitabus who are spectators on their own land?"

Whatever your unfounded criticisms of Robert Agarobe are, the reality is that he has a very good point. He is interested in solving real problems and fundamental problems. This is what leadership is all about, going that extra mile to deliver long term solutions.

The fact that Robert is interested in these problems, I think qualifies him to be Governor.

I have known Robert for a long time, I know he is very successful, he is a grade 10 dropout, but his achievements in business are worth 20 PhD's. He has already made enough money to retire several times over.

I can guarantee you that he will not steal your money and I can guarantee you that he has a clear vision of how he sees NCD working for the people and also for PNG.

If leadership is about a having a positive vision, I would go for the leader that is serious about solving problems, paint and polish is fine, but PNG is at a point where we need real leaders, not pretenders. Robert is one such person.

As I said, I tried to talk him out of it but he is very clear on what he wants to achieve, he has convinced me that he is ready. The real question is, are you interested in his vision too? If you are not, I am sure Robert will not mind, he will continue to be the most successful Motu Koitabuan in the city and that will be the extent of his contribution to society. I think his people, on both sides, deserve to see if he can achieve his vision or not, I think we should be reasonalbe enough, to give him this chance.

I am a Sepik and I can tell you, Robert is a rare PNGan and he has my support.

Respond to this message   
Angereh

POWES HAS GROWN FAT

October 15 2011, 7:09 PM 

Our good governor who has done 'many good things' has overworked sucking out NCDC monies that he has now grown very fat and face is really bloating. When he entered politics in 2007 he was good looking fit, now he is overweight. He use to own a red bus which was seen push start at times on the road. Now he is driving a latest Toyota VX and the house at Gerehu looks like Ela Motors show yard....................

Respond to this message   
Piggy Pollie Parkop

Re: POWES HAS GROWN FAT

October 15 2011, 11:10 PM 

That's how you can always tell if our pollies are working for us or working for themselves. Any pollie who was truly working for the people wouldn't have time to eat and eat and eat and become fat like a pig, and they also wouldn't have time to site around all the time.

I'm afraid our Powes has elevated himself into an exclusive club - that of PNG's piggy pollies.

The governor's official title is now: Piggy Pollie Parkop.

Respond to this message   
Try Again

Re: POWES HAS GROWN FAT

October 16 2011, 8:34 AM 

You are all sick - is that all you can come up with describing Parkops physical appearance ? Come on guys you all sound like unsatisfied nagging wife's. Come up with some constructive and well founded arguements. Even the so called unofficial audit report is baseless. Parkop is the sitting member and he will be voted back by the ordinary people. He was in touch and accessible to the general public before being the governor as he is now. So you Powes haters better come up with a better game plan than just this stupid mambo-jumbo. It sounds like all your Parkop haters are just a jealous bunch of empty wanna-be's as this reflects in all your arguments. I can tell you , people read your blogs and the turn to support Parkop more that your intended motives of spoiling his name. POWES PARKOP BAI WIN BEK LONG 2012 - tell me why he won't ? And it better make sense......otherwise let the ballot box speak.

Respond to this message   
Facts and more Facts

Re: POWES HAS GROWN FAT INTO A GENUINE PNG PIGGY POLLIE

October 16 2011, 9:55 AM 

Your arguments have been dealt with many times, but I guess you reckon that if you throw out your rhetoric again, something will catch. Like throwing **** against the wall and hoping some of it will stick. So let's go through your arguments one by one and once again counter them with some factual rebuttals, so that one and all here on Scape can see.

YOUR SAY: Even the so called unofficial audit report is baseless.
THE TRUTH: The numbers were straight out of the NCDC books, and during the critical day or two after these blasted into the public eye, Governor Parkop, both on EMTV and on the two blogs he responded to, would not refute the numbers. The reason is that only the idea that this audit was official was a farce, but the numbers themselves are straight out of NCDC records nad numbers don't lie. The numbers indicate very strongly that the Governor has some bizarre if not downright financial contract arrangements with Justin Tkatchenko, to whom NCDC pays exorbitant sums of money to buy superficial bilas here and there in NCDC traffic circles. A truly innnocent Governor would not have danced around the questions (Mr Tkatchenko did exactly the same thing in his press conference at The Bluff Hotel), but would have answered directly the many questions that were thrown at him. He did not, and that, more than anything, gave weight that the financial mismanagement charges against him have substance. It is well known that Mr Tkatchenko has become Governor Parkop's main money raiser for the 2012 election. In short, the two depend strongly on each other for political and financial success.

YOUR SAY: Parkop is the sitting member and he will be voted back by the ordinary people. I can tell you , people read your blogs and the turn to support Parkop more that your intended motives of spoiling his name.
THE TRUTH: First off, I have nothing to do with blogs. Secondly, few thinking people would disagree with your statement that the Governor will be re-elected. The debate has mainly centered over "why". He will almost certainly be re-elected by the people for the same reason as the public re-elects many politicans who have learnt how easily the PNG public can be manipulated and hoodwinked. In short, he has done a few things here and there to superfically change the appearance of the place, and put BASIC services (the bare minimum that any human beings should accept) back into order. He's also smart in that he puts his face into the newspaper repeatedly, promoting himself as a shining star. This strategy has always served to blind the average PNG voter who is very naive and gullible, and easily swayed by sweet tok and a few symbolic lollies thrown their way. Any smart pollie knows that if you put 50 toea of the public's money into visible projects, you can steal the other 50 toea behind the scenes and the public won't notice. However, the bottom line should always relate to ethics and corruption, not to whether or not a politician can buy his or her way back into power. Governor Parkop could easily be like so many other PNG politicians who was re-elected time and time again, but whom we all know know were carrying out corrupt deals behind the scenes. I have seen these tricks so many times. I do not even live in NCDC, however, most of my friends do and I have come to know a stinky situation when I smell one-I have witnessed in my life so many sneaky deals by other politicians that it's easy to see the new ones as they appear. The governor's own reactions and responses to the allegations (note that an innocent person would proactively bring the NCDC financial records to the ombudsman, and challenge them to find anything wrong) is what drew my attention to him.

YOUR SAY: He was in touch and accessible to the general public before being the governor as he is now.
THE TRUTH: Governor Parkop was a strong member of the NGO type movement known as Melsol, which had populism as a strong strategy for gaining the people's support. However, as we have seen the end results of Melsol people once they got into power, which has been corruption and incompetence (demonstrated to perfection by former EHP Governor Pettie Lafanama), it becomes clear that Melsol people were no less tempted by abuse of power than any other power hungry person, and that the populism of being accessible by the people was nothing more than a political game to gain their support. Governor Parkop's extreme lack of "being one with the grassroots" was especially evident after the corrupt Skate government's downfall, when he dropped his help to the poor and needy to take on the case of Mr Hamidan-Rad, known back then as PNG's multi-million kina financial advisor (for doing what, no one could say). Mr Hamidan-Rad was a former World Bank employee who ended up being thrown in Bomana prison on charges related to financial mismanagement. Who would legally represent this filthy rich expat who was beginning to pay the price for helping destroy the value of the PNG kina? (it declined in value by nearly 2/3rds under the Skate government)? It was Governor Parkop! Since Hamidan-Rad didn't have access to his millions in prison, and planned to escape PNG the moment he could be sprung from jail, he promised Parkop the fanciest red sports car ever seen in PNG, which he proudly drove all over when he was Skate's big power player. That's how Governor Parkop came to be in possession of that vehicle, a testimony not of helping the grassroots, but of ensuring that the rich would not face justice. As for his actions since becoming governor, while the publicity shots show him mixing with the grassroots, his physical appearance doesn't like, and indicates a lot of being driven around or sitting around - hardly the strategy that allows active mixing with the people.

YOUR SAY: It sounds like all your Parkop haters are just a jealous bunch of empty wanna-be's as this reflects in all your arguments.
THE TRUTH: This has always been a classic response by corrupt pollies in PNG - that any critics are 'simply jealous' of them. Those responses typically come from people who themselves cannot imagine that there are human beings out there who fight for justice, not material wealth. Fighting for truth and honesty is a far more noble cause than struggling to see who can push their way into the dog dish to eat the public's tax money kaikai. True Christians are apalled at the corruption of our country and would opppose questionable characters who have become politicians not because of jealousy, but because they are doing their Christian duty to make this world a better place. Sir, you obviously don't think there are any PNGuineans who's mission is truth and justice. How wrong you are!

YOUR SAY: That people who focus on Governor Parkop's physical bloating while in office are just making fun because they have no better evidence for corruption against him.
THE TRUTH: It is indisputable that there is a phenomenon that when many of our PNG pollies get into power, they undergo an amazing, rapid, and phenomenal transformation to obesity, beyond what you would find in politicians from most other countries, apart from the totally broken down and corrupt African nations, as well as corrupt Pacific Island nations (have you ever seen photos of some of the Tongan royal family?). Why does this phenomenon occur, and why have we found it so strongly in the likes of Pruaitch, Ogio, Polye, etc., all of whom have repeated reports of money stealing and corruption behind the scenes? The answer has to do with impulsiveness and lack of self discipline and control. It relates to not being able to resist when something is available to take, rather than leaving something behind for others. It relates to physical inaction rather than actively getting out and serving the people. I think a fine research could be made on the extent to which former politicians got fat while in office, and the percentage of them who turned out to be corrupt, compared against politicians who seemed to have the activity and self-discipline to control themselves. In PNG, like it or not, growing obese after gaining power seems to correlate quite well with gluttony in other areas of life.

BOTTOM LINE ON NCDC CLEAN UP: The truth is that the numbers indicate some level of financial monkey business within NCDC, the truth is that a huge amount of money has been spent to create relatively minor improvements in government services, and the truth is also that heaps of roads in NCDC that were once well surfaced are now dirt ruts. Parkop has merely concentrated on the roads that most people (including visitors) use, and left the rest to rot. Graffiti has reached an all time high in NCDC. Anyone believing that Governor Parkop has cleaned up NCDC would do well to drive through the neighbourhoods and places away from the main thoroughfares and seeing the piles of rubbish, not picked up by NCDC, growing higher and more rotten with each passing month. NCDC is a pig pen if you leave the main roads and into less advantaged areas, which suggests that the Parkop-Tkatchenko cleanup campaign is mostly for show, rather than representing a deep, concerted effort to clean NCDC. For the vast majority of NCDC's neighbourhood areas, the Governor has brought no visible change. The place is still a mess.

I appreciate your posting and persistence, because each time you post in Governor Parkop's defence, you swing open the doors with an invitation to provide some factual information that more and more people will run across. Few thinking people would disagree that crafty PNG pollies can buy their way back into power, irrespective of their underlying corruption or dishonesty. I certainly would not disagree with you that Governor Parkop will pull the wool over the eyes of the NCDC voters in 2012 and come out victorious.

Respond to this message   
Crap and more crap.

October 16 2011, 11:02 PM 

@Facts and more fact .... Either you are full of s$&t or a gas bag ! Your are preaching gas out of your behind. You must be a dead set looser or the most jealous jerk. WHY your long list of so called "facts" is colored bulls$&t. Mate non of it is founded or proven. Again you are missing the point. Whether Powes is stealing or not , you have confirmed the one FACT which is that THE AVERAGE PNG WILL VOTE HIM BACK. HE IS DOING THE RIGHT THINGS TO WIN. I'm a silent supporter and I will vote him again. So as other thounsands of silent supporters. NA BAI YOU WOKIM WANEM ? You can take your long baseless crap and try using that in your campaign speech. PROVE YOUR ALEGATIONS IN COURT AND THEN YOU CAN TOK "FACTS". Otherwise it's all crap and one bit won't fly.

Respond to this message   
9 Mile Councilor

October 16 2011, 11:13 PM 

Guys , I will vote for Powes Parkop. He's way better than all other past Governors that we had. No one is perfect. If you are put your name down to contest NCD seat and state that on your poster. If not the plug it na pasim maus. Maski toktok tumas.

Respond to this message   
Usim Het

October 16 2011, 11:51 PM 

9 Mile Councillor, You have no sense and just pairap natin. Ol man putim ol gutpela toktok bilong yumi long readim na kisim clear piksa gut tasol kain longlong brainless olsem yu na nogat gutpela bekim i bikmaus natin. Justin putim bilong em igo insait long traipela maus bilong yu bai i orait tu ya

Respond to this message   
pawa 2 da pipol

October 17 2011, 5:50 PM 

Respond to this message   
pawa 2 da pipol

October 17 2011, 5:44 PM 

What yu have actually confirmed is dat yur a mindless idiot!

Respond to this message   
LMFAO

October 18 2011, 5:26 AM 

Compare your posting against the posting you debated against and it's obvious who won the debate!

Respond to this message   
pawa 2 da pipol

October 17 2011, 5:41 PM 

Touche! Great stuff! (I'm tired of the pro-Parkop mindless rhetoric too!)

Respond to this message   
terrified

June 5 2012, 7:44 AM 

Too much money for too little work.

Huge amounts of money are going into private pockets, that much is obvious.

Who owns Global these days? It used to be Wingti's company, right?

Respond to this message   
ANNON

June 7 2012, 10:56 PM 

The Jepsens

Respond to this message   
Orait

June 8 2012, 8:38 PM 

MI WARI LONG YU

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - GOV. PARKOP PLEASE EXPLAIN NCDC CONTRACT#NCDC-2011-01