<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board  

PNG citizens cant win in this catch 22 situation!

December 13 2011 at 6:08 PM
Left Man 

This is the case of the struggle between the judiciary and politics.

The judges despite their convictions have to stand by the letter of the law , and 'it' says that Somare was wrongfully ousted. And this in a normal democracy is right!. To prevent bad precedence Politics must not overule the Judiciary.

However PNG is not a normal democracy. What we have now is a Prime Minister who actually thinks that PNG is his and his familys birthright. Regardless of the amazing stagnation in any real development of the whole country after independence. Along with MP's that have absolutely no conviction, that will do and say anything to get into power and money.

If we did not have any mining activity in the country i am sorry but we would be like Haiti. Even then they (somares) are trying control this sector.

Somare, whatever our personal thoughts, is on the right side of the law!

I am in despair at this situation as i have seen within this very short time the amazing amount of work Mr O'niel and his 'government'have done. Ranging from trying enabling dual citizenship between PNG and other countries to prosecuting various former government ministers for missappropriation of funds eg Tiensten. Things that the previous government has turned a blind eye to.

My only hope is that there is a vote of no confidence in which all the MP's stick with O'neil and remove again PM Somare.

If that does not happen then i am sorry but the country will keep on going slowly on the path to ruin with the same leaders. While the majority of us will just go about struggling to make ends meet, not realising that life could be made that little bit easier with the right leaders.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board